What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

poor

B_Tiger

Juniors
That was one of the worst matches I've seen in a long while. Neither side seemed to get going and neither backline was given enough space to do anything creative. Two points is great, but things have to improve if the tigers are to make the 8 this year.

Our forward pack is getting zero momentum this year. I think our second row must be too small and while skando is a reliable performer, he isn't a big metre gaining prop. O'neill at prop is only acceptable if you have a powerful prop partnering him. To have o'neill and skando starting is asking for a flogging. I'd rather see two or three props on the bench rather then a hooker, two second rowers and one prop (especially considering the fact that our starting second rowers are capable of 80 mins of play). A player like Lima should be a lock for a bench spot when he comes back from injury, and Jamie Small should at least be given a chance.

I thought the positives for the match were the performances of two balmain juniors, Dene Halatau and Robbie Farah. Dene is tiny for second row but he has very good timing and direction with the ball (why can't our props run like that?). Farah is all class at hooker. He is clearly the best hooker in the club and I think fitzy would be unlikely to start next week as he again failed to get decent ball to the outside backs at 5/8.

Moodie and sattler also put in very good performances.

But, the match was terrible and I think we played a side that beat themselves rather then a side that we dominated.

pffftttt

Too depressing for words. People like you shit me. We have a win after being rorted two games in a row, in Townsville and you're disappointed. Stiff shit.

you act like you've been following a successful team for ages. You haven't.

I dunno which match you were watching mate but it was the wrong one. And all the young blokes you mention wouldn't happen to be Balmain players would they?

And Scott Sattler had a f**king blinder.

Keep that shit for when we LOSE.

B_Tiger

Juniors
bullshit man. you westies too keenly accept mediocrity. I said the two points were good and I also said sattler had a good game. But, we played like crap and we have serious issues in our performance that have not been improved since round 1. I support my club whether or not they are good. So, I have no need to simply talk positive. I'm realistic, my club hasn't had a winning season for a long time so I don't get exited when my club shows characteristics that have plagued them for a very long time. Besides, this is a discussion forum dickhead.

Mediocrity?

Mediocrity is being 4 matches into the season not having won a game.

Mediocrity is being so disinterested in enjoying a win that the only thing you can do when you log in is have a bitch about it.

Go f**k yourself you depressing wanker. You should be following Cronulla.

simon says

First Grade
Im happy we got the two points...but Im not glowing.On the positove side,Sattler was MAGNIFICENT.EVery time we needed him,he was there.Outstanding effort.And how good is Moodie going.Two tries in traffic,too fast and too steppy for the Cowboys.

BUT,our forwards couldnt get metres,we made heaps of stoopid mistakes,and our backline looked lethargic and got little ball.We were lucky that the Cowboys were woeful.

Luckily our defense was first class,or it could have been game on.Have to be happy about that,

And what about Mick Stone...yet again awards a try against us the OBVIOUSLY ISNT a try .Thasts three form three Mick you farkin tool.

innsaneink

Referee
On a positive note............................
We played poor at times yet still won.
In the past we would have been run down.....were finally showin
a bit of ticker.
It was ugly as the NZ PM but better than playin poor and losing.

We've been competitve all season so far without actually gelling.

Our close to the line defence was excellent tonight.

Our attack will click, there have been signs in the past couple of weeks.

That's the point Ink, we're going ok without looking good. We have the cattle to take it up a notch, but most of all we need patience.

Blowing up after a win is just petty. And blowing up whilst giving up your real agenda (More Balmain Players) is pathetic.

I loved the win tonight, I enjoyed every minute of it. :clap:

bonstonker

Juniors
so what if they are balmain players.they are players who are actually in fine form.
get over your hate for balmain players mate.lima and small are the form props in pl.
farah is an outstanding young hooker and halatau is the best utility in the club.

and yes they all come from the mighty balmain tigers.so f**king what.

do you really think the wests tigers do not need lima or small in the team to give them some go forward and some stinging defense.

do you think farah is not our future at hooker.

magpiemax

Juniors
you see some people dont realise that we had a bunch of kids out there with a couple of old heads against a team that was desperate to win at home who had a shit load of experience.ya see some people are cocky now because they have won a couple of reserve grade games in there chosen grade.Most of all our roster of players is watching from the sideline.

B_Tiger

Juniors
beating nth qld isn't an achievement. As it is still only round 4, the results aren't essential. I'd much rather see the tigers lose and perform brilliantly rather then continue to show serious problems in attack and in the forwards. Unlike you, I have the entire season in mind rather then simply one match. I don't use this forum to express satisfaction with the result, many others do that and I feel that my contribution isn't really necessary to such talk as there isn't really anything I could bring to the table. There are plenty of chances in my life to be positive about the tigers. I like using this forum for the analysis of the match, as this is a forum containing knowledgable wests tigers fans. Being critical of a performance isn't "depressing", it's only depressing if all you are looking for is the bullshit feeling of satisfaction from a win. But, there is more to supporting a club then simply trying to be positive. Supporting a bad club teaches you that. I'm extremely happy with the two points; the fact they played badly doesn't prevent me from being happy. But, the match was very poor and I don't believe our performance was of an acceptable standard to be competitive this season.

I highlighted the balmain juniors because they are the young players in the side attempting to establish themselves in first grade. I probably should have mentioned gibbs as well, as he performed well. But, I didn't. I have no problem with wests players, but in a match i pay more attention to Balmain players. I don't claim to be any sort of expert, I simply have an opinion. As I pay particular attention to Balmain players, I'm more likely to comment on them. It can't be denied that dene and farah had very good games, so mentioning them is worthwhile. I didn't give more of a wrap to sattler because everyone else seems to have that area covered.

To be positive for a second- i agree with you, we are better then cronulla.

B_Tiger

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
That's the point Ink, we're going ok without looking good. We have the cattle to take it up a notch, but most of all we need patience.

Blowing up after a win is just petty. And blowing up whilst giving up your real agenda (More Balmain Players) is pathetic.

I loved the win tonight, I enjoyed every minute of it. :clap:

you talk so much crap. what is your f**king "agenda" if you can't simply agree that two balmain players performed well? Instead, you claim I have an agenda to get more balmain players in first grade. But, it's far simpler man. I like balmain, and I like balmain players. thus, when they perform well, I comment. Maybe you're still a bit bitter about last week? Balmain is top of the table in first division largely due to their forward pack. Wests tigers are struggling with their forward pack. Do you see a solution there? If I paid attention to wests I'd be able to suggest one of their players to be promoted to the top grade to fix our forward problem. But, as I don't, I only suggest Balmain players. Plus, Balmain are top of the table and happened to smash your forward pack only a week ago. I want wests tigers to succeed, I really don't care how that happens.

B_Tiger

Juniors
Zoot said:
Skandallis isn't a meter gaining prop? Isn't he the number one meter gainer in the NRL at the moment?

yeah, you're right, but how many metres does he make per carry? I agree that he is a good workhorse, but he isn't a player that gets the team going forward and the defense running backwards. He is often too slow with play the balls and I think he focusses more on holding the ball rather then breaking tackles (which I'm not critisizing). We need an impact frontrower. I'm not saying Lima and Small are certain solutions but they have performed very well in first division, and for that reason alone they deserve a shot.

magpiemax

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
beating nth qld isn't an achievement. As it is still only round 4, the results aren't essential. I'd much rather see the tigers lose and perform brilliantly rather then continue to show serious problems in attack and in the forwards. Unlike you, I have the entire season in mind rather then simply one match. I don't use this forum to express satisfaction with the result, many others do that and I feel that my contribution isn't really necessary to such talk as there isn't really anything I could bring to the table. There are plenty of chances in my life to be positive about the tigers. I like using this forum for the analysis of the match, as this is a forum containing knowledgable wests tigers fans. Being critical of a performance isn't "depressing", it's only depressing if all you are looking for is the bullsh*t feeling of satisfaction from a win. But, there is more to supporting a club then simply trying to be positive. Supporting a bad club teaches you that. I'm extremely happy with the two points; the fact they played badly doesn't prevent me from being happy. But, the match was very poor and I don't believe our performance was of an acceptable standard to be competitive this season.

I highlighted the balmain juniors because they are the young players in the side attempting to establish themselves in first grade. I probably should have mentioned gibbs as well, as he performed well. But, I didn't. I have no problem with wests players, but in a match i pay more attention to Balmain players. I don't claim to be any sort of expert, I simply have an opinion. As I pay particular attention to Balmain players, I'm more likely to comment on them. It can't be denied that dene and farah had very good games, so mentioning them is worthwhile. I didn't give more of a wrap to sattler because everyone else seems to have that area covered.

To be positive for a second- i agree with you, we are better then cronulla.
Whilst beating north Q is no great feat.If you compare there line-up which have played together on numerous occasions as opposed to us i certainly dissagree on this point.And you say you would rather "see the tigers lose and play brilliant " now that's a great cliche but unfortunately not having enough competition points does not get you in the semi's.And you dont use this forum to express yourself after a win!!! Are you not the same LUNATIC who has put up Threads in the past like this"HOLLY *UCK SHIT YEAH BALISTIC STYLE" regarding your lame shitty Bengals???Well that to me sounds like blatant Hypochracy. LOL...LOL

gr8_1

Juniors
Stepping up from PL to NRL is a totally different matter. It will be interesting to see if Lima can handle the rise.

Gibbs had a blinder IMO.

B_Tiger

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
We've been competitve all season so far without actually gelling.

Our close to the line defence was excellent tonight.

Our attack will click, there have been signs in the past couple of weeks.

I agree, there are many positives so far this season. prince is looking really good at half (finally some direction!). Moody and elford out wide is a promising partnership and sattler adds genuine leadership and success for our young players to learn off. Plus, the young talent hasn't looked more promising.

But, we lost to souths and were outclassed by the broncos in the second half and have yet to put it all together. I'm not all doom and gloom but we played poorly tonight and I'm not just gonna talk positive to ensure you don't get depressed.

magpiemax

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Stepping up from PL to NRL is a totally different matter. It will be interesting to see if Lima can handle the rise.

Gibbs had a blinder IMO.
How dare you express yourself after a win????We have very conservative people on this forum who dont get excited by wins.

B_Tiger

Juniors
magpiemax said:
Whilst beating north Q is no great feat.If you compare there line-up which have played together on numerous occasions as opposed to us i certainly dissagree on this point.And you say you would rather "see the tigers lose and play brilliant " now that's a great cliche but unfortunately not having enough competition points does not get you in the semi's.And you dont use this forum to express yourself after a win!!! Are you not the same LUNATIC who has put up Threads in the past like this"HOLLY *UCK sh*t YEAH BALISTIC STYLE" regarding your lame shitty Bengals???Well that to me sounds like blatant Hypochracy. LOL...LOL[/quote]

this is round 4. While points always matter, they simply don't matter as much right now. What matters now is what we are building up to later in the season. As you say, competition points are essential. But, being (or developing) a good side is far more important at this time in the season. There are certainly excuses for the way the tigers played tonight. As you point out, the side being a relatively new one is a very significant factor in our poor play and I'm not trying to say that we are a pathetic side with no hope. I'm dissapointed mainly because I expect more.

On to the other topic, I am the lunatic who posted such topics, and I thought the over the top manner in which I present them would clearly show that I was not being serious. I'm sure none of you give a crap about the bengals and as such I give meaningless dribble like "HOLLY *UCK sh*t YEAH BALISTIC STYLE" instead of constructive criticism of my sides performance, because you guys don't care. In the company of other bengals fans I wouldn't ever post such a topic. Maybe I shouldn't write them at all, but I give myself a laugh so i do it. And besides, I never said it was wrong to be enthusiastic after victory, I said that I didn't write posts like that because I didn't feel like I'd be making a significant contribution to such discussions. As all of you are wests tigers fans I don't think there is a need to simply be positive. Why not be analytical of our teams performance? Why not be critical? You all have a knowledge of the players on our side and a memory of our past performances so where is there a better place to talk about the weaknesses in our side???? We played like crap, whatever the excuses. Sure, getting the two points is all that is needed, but my main point was that such performances in the future would ensure we have no chance of making enough competition points to make the finals. I'm not saying we won't turn it around, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the match. I was standing up for just about the entire second half and I was extremely happy to see that final scoreline and the two points next to our team. But, have some f**king perspective man. We have 22 rounds of league ahead of us and our side needs to seriously improve if we are to match it with the top teams. We were thoroughly outclassed by brisbane in the second half last week and we continued old trends in rd.2 by underperforming, which resulted in us losing to souths. We simply have to improve and as a fan of the club I want to see that happen and I am dissapointed if it doesn't.

And, I apologise for writing all these long f**king paragraphs. I'm sure it's pretty boring to most, but I can't help myself.