What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

poor

Bald Tiger

Juniors
I thought it was a magnificent achievement for the boys to win in Townsville. We have a terrible record there - 0-4 until Saturday night. It was hot and humid and we lost Benji after 15 minutes or so and had to play with three on the bench. Bronson did not come on until the second half and you could see the fatigue sapping our players.
Injuries before the game took a toll. We were forced to move Buckets to the front row. Heard that Jeff Lima did not play because he broke his nose in the PL game last week. The goal line defence was tremendous - so often it seemed certain the Cowboys would score and were held back.
At one point we had a forward pack of Gibbs, Farah, Skando, Harrison, Halatau and Sattler. Thats 4 of the 6 under 20. That was a great effort by the young guys. Bronson Harrison looked right at home and Robbie Farah really looks the part.
The tragedy of Benji’s injury was that before then he had been playing at first receiver with John Wilson in the centres. What might have been ...
For mine it was a great win that showed real determination.

B_Tiger

Juniors
finally, someone on the positive side puts in a constructive effort! Thank god for f**king intelligence.

While I agree that beating Nth Qld is an achievement for us, it is only an achievement because we have been so crap in the past. this is a match good teams view as a lock for the two points. To come away from nth qld a loser wouldn't sit well with most teams. However, I agree that it was good to see a win up there.

However, I just don't buy that it was a good performance and a show of determination. That just seems like a word to describe an average performance. Nth Qld's error count was ridiculously high and a lot of the errors were simple drops and just terrible play, not necessarily due to pressure applied by the tigers. Our forwards never got going to consolidate on those errors and we kept on chucking ourselves into the deep end with poor errors of our own.

The defense definately performed well, and right from the trials they have shown how improved their defense is this season. But, my main concern revolves around the forwards. We just don't have a pack that can dominate a quality (or even average) opposition.

oro

Juniors
It gets back to what you said earlier B_Tiger about accepting mediocrity. Imagine if we had played the Roosters or Penrith instead of Nth Qld.

We should have beaten Souths and Brisbane but we didn't and all excuses aside both games were there for the winning. Good sides would have won those matches and that's why good sides make the finals.

bonstonker

Juniors
this thread shows that some of you are result oriented and some are process oriented.

anyone remember the manly game last year where we thrashed them and sheens was furious with the team?
he was furious with the team and their performance even though they came away with a big win.and then they went on a 6 game losing streak.

if you achieve your process oriented goals then the results will come.
and i doubt we are achieving our process oriented goals at this stage,but with such a new team,it will take more time than usual.although simple dropped ball has nothing to do with being in a new team,along with not making enough yards up the middle.