What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore having a shocker

Forty20

First Grade
Everybody sees things differently..and that's the way it should be. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Whether he is getting $500,000, $50000 or $500 is his business and should not influence the way we look at his effort. I like the player. I think he is a good addition to the Club - which has been screaming out for a good solid prop for years...
I, personally, prefer him to Willie Mason, Carl Webb, Ben Cross or Keith Galloway that's for sure...BUT that's just me....

I have never, in my short time on this board bagged Justin Poore, Pete. Having met the bloke I'm actually a huge fan.

I was merely stating that if you are going to bag him, save it for when he-like any player invariably does-has a shocker.

Just because everyone has an opinion doesn't mean we have to like it :D

PS. I read your post two ways, so if I interpreted it wrong, I apologise! If the other meaning is correct than I stand by my opinion of other opinions, since we all have opinions :p

Gronk

Staff member
A harsh thread once again. He is playing under his contract worth but by no means is he making errors or missing tackles.

Justin Poore will slot into Caylo's role very easily in 2011 and play out his career with us. He plays very much like the Dean Pay style and I could not be happier having him signed long term.

natheel

Coach
Is chili and soulja expecting him to be like fui last year or something f**k tahu has only just started to string decent games together and so is poore he's not f**king superman

he and mannah come on and get the job done off the bench and that's all we ask of him atm

parra pete

Referee
I have never, in my short time on this board bagged Justin Poore, Pete. Having met the bloke I'm actually a huge fan.

I was merely stating that if you are going to bag him, save it for when he-like any player invariably does-has a shocker.

Just because everyone has an opinion doesn't mean we have to like it :D

PS. I read your post two ways, so if I interpreted it wrong, I apologise! If the other meaning is correct than I stand by my opinion of other opinions, since we all have opinions :p

Nah, my post was just about how I feel about opinions..everyone is entitled to express them.
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, and BTW, I think you have been an excellent addition to the forum.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Mannah and Poore are 3rd and 4th respectively in meters per game by props who come off the bench.

I know Poore got completely smashed in the first tackle last game - but that didn't stop him. In just 42 minutes he carted the ball forward 15 times to make 96 meters.

Hands up if you think that's a shocker? That's a very good (great?) game for a bench forward.

The only selected NSW prop on the field (Perry) had 40minutes for 10 hitups and 89 meters.

Poore only had 2 slow play the balls last night - the first time he got smashed and dominated, then about his 4th hitup, he got hit hard, and dominated in the tackle. But after that he made some nice surges into the teeth of the Manly forwards.

Thought he was really strong last night off the bench, he was on in the 5-10 minute period (45-55 minute mark) when the Manly forwards were flexing their muscles to try and take ascendancy of the game, and both Poore and Mannah did NOT shy away from the heavy contact, and effectively said 'no way, we won't go quietly' - which played a MASSIVE part in the Eels winning the game.

Please don't underestimate how important it is to have big props who keep hitting it up. Especially when the opposition is trying to dominate you up front and take over the game - I thought our guys (Poore included) were awesome in that regard last night.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mannah and Poore are 3rd and 4th respectively in meters per game by props who come off the bench.

I know Poore got completely smashed in the first tackle last game - but that didn't stop him. In just 42 minutes he carted the ball forward 15 times to make 96 meters.

Hands up if you think that's a shocker? That's a very good (great?) game for a bench forward.

The only selected NSW prop on the field (Perry) had 40minutes for 10 hitups and 89 meters.

Poore only had 2 slow play the balls last night - the first time he got smashed and dominated, then about his 4th hitup, he got hit hard, and dominated in the tackle. But after that he made some nice surges into the teeth of the Manly forwards.

Thought he was really strong last night off the bench, he was on in the 5-10 minute period (45-55 minute mark) when the Manly forwards were flexing their muscles to try and take ascendancy of the game, and both Poore and Mannah did NOT shy away from the heavy contact, and effectively said 'no way, we won't go quietly' - which played a MASSIVE part in the Eels winning the game.

Please don't underestimate how important it is to have big props who keep hitting it up. Especially when the opposition is trying to dominate you up front and take over the game - I thought our guys (Poore included) were awesome in that regard last night.

I don't normally take a great deal of notice of stats but I'm glad someone has on this occasion..

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Great post, but Poore wasn't running 20 metres every hit up and ripping blokes heads off so he must of had a shocker :roll:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Poore needs to look for the pass at the line and the offload more but has been solid. The problem is we bought a rep front rower and he isn't rep standard at the moment.

yy_cheng

Coach
think of it this way, if we didn't pay $350k for Poore, thus he didn't come, who would be our 2nd prop off the bench?

We would probably been up the creek now.

I reckon $50-70k of his money is the premium we had to pay to entice him here.

So I would say he is a $280k prop.

natheel

Coach
poore couldve got up in one tackle and knocked a manly blokes head off when it started getting heated but he stayed composed which is great and is what we need from him. we dont need silly penalties like he use to do for dragons which he has seemed to dull his temper quite a bit actually

Bazal

Post Whore
I guess that shows your brain capacity can only swear ?? You know I read alot comments of how lousy other player are playing why I'm I the only one being attacked and sworn at been a loyal follower of parra season ticket holder and go to all junior matches and as soon as I give my comments . I get called other names sworn at and now been asked to f---k off thanks alot I guess not welcomed here this will be my last comment here .....adios !!!!!

Good riddance you useless illiterate turd :nwave: