What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore having a shocker

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought he struggled on avery heavy track but than again so did our other front rowers..solid performance.

As you said, so did Fui and Caylo struggle. But you must admit, he gives it his all. He comes in hard in defense too. It's just that our pack doesn't all come in hard at the same time like Manly or the Drags. It's more individual hits e.g. Fui, Tahu and Grothe. Not 3 or 4 coming in together and that's where Poore's game is different from the other Parra pack.

Mannah did well and the pick imho. He has great leg drive, never stops motoring and very quick play the balls which leads to a good followup run.

Mateo looked good early too and I think we will rue the day he leaves.

parra pete

Referee
Pchilean...You are entitled to your views, no matter how stupid and ill informed they may be.
People are of the opinion that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

parrachilean31

Juniors
i applaud you on your demand for your rights

and I invoke my right to them also ..... f**k off!

I guess that shows your brain capacity can only swear ?? You know I read alot comments of how lousy other player are playing why I'm I the only one being attacked and sworn at been a loyal follower of parra season ticket holder and go to all junior matches and as soon as I give my comments . I get called other names sworn at and now been asked to f---k off thanks alot I guess not welcomed here this will be my last comment here .....adios !!!!!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
First of I'm not reapeat not Josh get it right my name parra Chilean .secondly are we or are we not allowed to give our points of views ?? Please if Someone wants to swear please don't bother replying . As I don't say that to you .I have been supporting the eels for than 20 years I feel I can have my say.

Mannah fui and cayless had better games than poore he cost us a try the Lyon try through missed tackle one penalty and was totally dominated against the other side forward pack I do think his trying but how long will it take for him to settle in his new team humble who has played his first game with the first grade had a better game. All I'm saying is that poore better step and if wasn't for the eels winning I think he would be back playing for wenty.

Do I sound like a broken record how about you guys sticking up for poore please that's a broken record.

Can anyone say $350,000 !!!!!!!!

A bit too much chilli with your points of view!!!!!!!

farting-cow.jpg

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
I think he has been similar to Tahu in that they both started slowly and have worked their way into better form. Still not great but by the end of the season when we really need him Poore will be firing IMO.

Even Ando said Tahu was rubbish at the start of the year, while sitting next to him.:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
we probably could of done with a bloke called Grothe tonight, he revels in the heavy track..

strider

Post Whore
I think he has been similar to Tahu in that they both started slowly and have worked their way into better form. Still not great but by the end of the season when we really need him Poore will be firing IMO.

Even Ando said Tahu was rubbish at the start of the year, while sitting next to him.:lol:
i was watching with the mrs and we both looked at eachother and said, who did he say was rubbish? tahu? :lol:

Forty20

First Grade
Poore had a solid if unspectacular game. Mannah was clearly the best of our boppers while Horo and Mateo showed some spark.

But you have to give credit to Poore, he has got the stupid penalties out of his game and along with Ben Smith gives us some much needed (and consistent) venom in defence. And after Mannah he is our best direct running forward.

To parrachilean31, if you tried walking a mile in his footy shoes I assure there wouldn't be much left of you to send to the doctor. If he has a shocker, call him out but when he plays on or above par try thinking before you start blindly laying into him.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I guess that shows your brain capacity can only swear ?? You know I read alot comments of how lousy other player are playing why I'm I the only one being attacked and sworn at been a loyal follower of parra season ticket holder and go to all junior matches and as soon as I give my comments . I get called other names sworn at and now been asked to f---k off thanks alot I guess not welcomed here this will be my last comment here .....adios !!!!!

What a soft pillow you are ;-)

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
i was watching with the mrs and we both looked at eachother and said, who did he say was rubbish? tahu? :lol:
Yeah I cracked up when he said it, although it was compliment with him talking about how much he has improved since the start of the season.

geez it was funny though "yeah he was rubbish".:D

yy_cheng

Coach
Poore had a solid if unspectacular game. Mannah was clearly the best of our boppers while Horo and Mateo showed some spark.

But you have to give credit to Poore, he has got the stupid penalties out of his game and along with Ben Smith gives us some much needed (and consistent) venom in defence. And after Mannah he is our best direct running forward.

To parrachilean31, if you tried walking a mile in his footy shoes I assure there wouldn't be much left of you to send to the doctor. If he has a shocker, call him out but when he plays on or above par try thinking before you start blindly laying into him.

I would still rate Fui above Mannah.

But we are looking good in the props dept atm

strider

Post Whore
just for the record ...

Poore made 24 tackles in the 40-50 minutes he played .... 5th most behind hindy, smith, caylo, keating ..... (also 93m from 15 hitups ... not entirely sh*t)

In a "grind it out" type of game that this was, defence won the game

I just wish some people would give some recognition for the effort put into defence .... in a game of footy you have the ball for roughly half the game, so the other half you have to tackle your butt off to stop the other team scoring ..... time after time people give such little respect to the defensive side of the game on these forums and go off like some dim witted dog with a bone cos a player doesn't score/setup/make a million tries/metres - makes me think they don't really understand footy tbh

hindy111

Post Whore
Poore is only over rated cause of what we paid for him...
He is going ok.Just not what we where all hoping.I was thinking he may be like the next petro.

Forty20

First Grade
I would still rate Fui above Mannah.

But we are looking good in the props dept atm

Fui is still short of a gear on his pre-impact acceleration, obviously tonights track was horrible for a prop but Fui wasn't the only prop out there. I stand by my rating of Tim Mannah as our best prop thus far, with Caylo flying low on the radar for second place.

But yes, our depth in the engine room is looking very nice...especially when fringe players like Pele are hitting their straps for Wenty. :D

Runaround Man

Juniors
Poore played tough tonight, like the whole pack of forwards. Please use your energy for more constructive things in life instead of bagging your own team's players ...shame on you

I laughed too, when he fell over himself.

Let's be honest though, if we were to rate the entire team at the moment, Poore would not be in the top half. There are players getting paid less than him that are playing better at the moment.

People should be allowed to be critical in here, without fear of being hunted down by the mob.

Although Parrachilean does not seem to do it in a way that is very subtle.

Just because we are winning games, doesn't mean we are not allowed to be critical? Inu had a shocker with some of his decisions, but hey, we won, so we will let that fly....

I thought Poore played Ok tonight, most front rowers would not have caught Lyon running at that hole. Not his fault.

parra pete

Referee

Everybody sees things differently..and that's the way it should be. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Whether he is getting $500,000, $50000 or $500 is his business and should not influence the way we look at his effort. I like the player. I think he is a good addition to the Club - which has been screaming out for a good solid prop for years...
I, personally, prefer him to Willie Mason, Carl Webb, Ben Cross or Keith Galloway that's for sure...BUT that's just me....