What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore off to eels for 3 years

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Notice how quick the Daily telegraph were to announce Saints losing a player yet when Saints re-sign a player you have to wait 24hrs. They must really only have anti-Dragons people working for them

St. Benny

Juniors
I suppose you'll be wishing a season-ending injury on Poore now, sweetheart?

just an injury to rule him out of this years grand final will do. he still offers plenty to the team, unlike that other bloke

MattYg1

Bench
Paea isnt a prop.
We're going to have to purchase another prop now. Dan Hunt and Saffy are good benchies, but arent good enough to be our starting props.

Has everybody forgotten how dominant we were when Poore was injured and Saffy played in the 8? Brisbane at Suncorp anyone?

We will be fine without Poore, just as we have managed to be fine without Bailey, Ryles, Kite, Barrett, Timmins, Gasnier etc...

Besides its still 2009... lets worry about 2010 when it is 2010...

Raul_Pato

Juniors
If this is confirmed, then good luck too Justin, I don't blame him for taking a reported extra 225k over 3 years, I would too.

We don't need to buy any replacements, Dan Hunt will step into the 10 jersey next season with Weyman at 8. With Paea and Saffy on the bench and Merrin coming through we are fine for front rowers.

One thing about us is that we always produce excellent front rowers, hence the reason for not paying overs for Justin.

But its still not confirmed on the Eels of Dragons websites yet.

Doug2234

First Grade
350k. Stuff that Eels can have him.

Not worth that much. Poore isnt worth as much as an Aston Martin for sh1t.

Merrin will know Poore is going and will stamp himself this year for next year off the bench. He will aim up as he can see light at the end of the tunnel

sting

Bench
f**k him, he's not worth that much and we will just produce more.

props like him are a dime a dozen on your production line. at least we retained everyone else especially morris.

still, not happy with the eels poaching a bloke who has been with us since the very beginning and paying overs to him when he's on the verge of something special.

who are we shopping around for this year??

The Nick

Bench
HAHAHAHAHAHA $350k for a prop! Looks like Parra just got themselves their own Ben Ross! With decision making like that, you can guarantee we'll win a premiership before those jerks.

Who cares anyways, if Uncle Wayne can turn Weyman into an Origin front rower in the space of half a season, we really have nothing to worry about. Wayne Bennett coached teams are always contenders regardless of who walks out.

Gaba

First Grade
If its true, wonder if poore will still be in the dragons side, heard that Bennett will drop players who sign with other clubs if he feels there is an replacement good enough, dont know if that is true or not

Mr Red

First Grade
i dont think its too much for a prop - however its too much for Poore. he is a very good player - but not world class. and thats world class money for a prop. if it was someone like Paul Harragon or a younger steve price, shane webke or Civonaceva then i think its worth it. Poore wont win you a grand final like the others could with their on field aggression, leadership or intimidation.
i would rather keep Merrin and use the left over cash for a quality number 9.

watatank

Coach
If its true, wonder if poore will still be in the dragons side, heard that Bennett will drop players who sign with other clubs if he feels there is an replacement good enough, dont know if that is true or not

He won't drop Poore. He dropped Hodges after he signed with the Roosters because Hodges was meant to be either Tuqiri or Dell's replacement and he pissed off. it was ridiculously late in the season and he needed to bring develop Brent Tate. If it was say Trent Merrin's position then Merrin would no longer see any first grade