What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore should be cited

babyg

Juniors
Surely the safety of a player on the ground should be paramount. The league need to send a strong message about protecting players. Deserves a few weeks.

thebrunks

Juniors
LOL, as if!!!!

He was just checking to see of Price was faking it like all Qld divers do....LOL

What can he be cited for anyway? he didn't knock him out & if safety is your main concern then Price should get a couple of weeks for inciting a fight (he did knee White first).

catch22

Juniors
Poores and JTs incident should of been the 2 things cited from the game.

What Poore did was f**king stupid, price was out cold on his back with blood from his mouth - i'm pretty sure everyone in contact sport knows once someone is out cold not to touch them at all incase of neck / brain injuries.. lifting him and dropping back to the ground was beyond belief.

The inital fight was fair game - once both props raise their fists its on, waterhouse shouldnt of blindsided crash tackled price but i don't think his intentions were to escalate it, plenty of QLDers (including costigan) were able to refrain tackling white so im not sure what house was thinking - but meh.. sh*t happens.

Phillips

Referee
what about the moron QLD player jumping all over the top of Price? should he be cited too?

babyg

Juniors
Contrary conduct seems a good fit. It was the worst look for the game. The fight was fair. If Price got a neck injury, then you watch the reactionary NRL act.

The whole NSW team should be cited for acting like they've won the last 4 series after the game.

Charlie124

First Grade
Uncle Wayne's got a premiership to win, theres no way that cheap dog would get cited, same goes for Hungry Hungry Soward, didnt Brad Morrin get a lenghty stint on the sideline for biting an opponant??? hmmm....

lifesgood

Juniors
He was just checking to see of Price was faking it like all Qld divers do....LOL

What can he be cited for anyway? he didn't knock him out & if safety is your main concern then Price should get a couple of weeks for inciting a fight (he did knee White first).

Your kidding arent you? LOLL

Steven Price is the last person who would take a dive, and plus going one on one with someone why would you take a dive?? Dumbass!!

It was stupied by Justin Poore, But doesnt deserve a suspension, its common sense

Mate, If brett white reacted to that his got f**king nothing in that head of his! It wasnt even a knee it was hardly a stumble into him

The Colonel

Immortal
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25794010-5012431,00.html

The funniest thing about the whole incident is that Chris Close is the ONLY Queenslander talking sense.....

Poore did find an unlikely Maroons supporter. Former Queensland centre Chris Close said he didn't think there was any malice in it. "I'm sure Justin Poore didn't realise Steve Price was injured or took advantage of him. It happened in the heat of the moment," he said.

The Gambler

Juniors
Didn't know he was injured? It was in the heat of the moment? So bloody what!

If everybody claimed that as an excuse no one would get a suspension.

Anybody that thinks what Poore did was ok is kidding themselves. It was dangerous and down-right stupid.

Next time you want to check if somebody is faking you give them a tap on the face, don't f**king pick them up by the throat.

Loudstrat

Coach
Contrary conduct seems a good fit. It was the worst look for the game. The fight was fair. If Price got a neck injury, then you watch the reactionary NRL act.

Shows how dumb Queenslanders are when the NRL has nothing to do with Origin :lol:

sass

Juniors
never thought I'd say this but I AGREE WITH CAM SMITH.

"If any bloke is on the ground in the state that Pricey was in, you don't touch them," Smith said. "That's the first thing you get told not to do. Pricey could have had any sort of injury to his head or neck and Poorey has come in and grabbed him and pulled him up and let him go back down again.

"Anyone with a serious neck injury could end up paralysed and, I guess, thinking in the worst terms, you could be talking about death. It's a very silly thing that he did and I think that's what the boys were so upset with last night.

he was stupid, not a 'dog'.

I'm so impressed smith isn't frothing at the mouth over it like inglis.

Dutchy

Immortal
Poore should know better. Being a personal trainer and all...Would have had to renew his first aid so many times..

Dazzat

First Grade
My first impression of seeing the start of the fight, is that when Price tackled White, that Cameron Smith was also involved in the tackle.

As White was getting up, Cameron Smith (Melbourne team mate) slapped White.

White got up thinking it was Price who slapped him, because Smith had gone back 10 metres or was at second marker.

Did anyone else see this?

Kiki

First Grade
i am fine with Justin being cited, it was a silly thing to do. but i'm sure he feels awful coz he is a great guy.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Get cited... get fckd... yer it was a brain snap but it doesnt deserve missing game time. Price is fine, get over it.... QLDers clutching at straws still trying to figure out how the "best QLD team of all time" had no answers for a sh*te NSW team on WEDNESDAY night (well on paper anyways). Series is over until next year... now for the important stuff. DRAGONS 09!!