What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore wants to leave

Hurriflatch

Referee
Poore is IMPROVING but I wouldn't say he is playing well.

Fui apparently missed the test because of injury if it was to keep him out of the Manly game, then Mannah deserves to start ahead of Poore.

If Shackleton was fit I wouldn't even have Poore in the top 17.

Improving - Yes
playing well - Not really, but getting there Bulldogs game was a HUGE step forward
worth the $$$ he is being paid - HELL NO

He may well turn it around especially now that he knows his piss poor early season form has cost him his sky blue jersey, and if he does start playing to the level expected I will admit as such but right now, if he left I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if he really wants to go I hope we don't stand in his way, he can leave at the end of the year without a payout and he should decide as soon as possible so that we can find a replacement.

Hurriflatch

Referee
if he really wants to go I hope we don't stand in his way, he can leave at the end of the year without a payout and he should decide as soon as possible so that we can find a replacement.

It would've been nice if he had decided last week, before Mateo and Inu signed with the Warriors.

I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing Poore because I'd have the same reaction if any of the big money players did this but if Poore does in 2-3 weeks annouce he is going at the end of the year he shouldn't be picked in first grade again. Not because he is leaving but because him being theoretically under contract problably cost the side at least one of Mateo and Inu if not both.

fish eel

Immortal

we should only let him go if we can get a replacement lined up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So if he leaves does that mean we have another $300,000+ to spend in next years cap?

one of 2 things need happen..

* he and the club choose to terminate the contract without a payout.

* if another club is willing to buy out te contract..

if he wants to go we shouldn't be made to payout his contract beyond this year.

fish eel

Immortal
I think we'd be capable enough to find a replacement if he decides very early that he wants to part ways with the club.

True, but any release should be conditional on, as you said above no payout to free up the cap space and that we can get a replacement in.

If either there would be a payout, or we cant get quality in, he stays.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It would've been nice if he had decided last week, before Mateo and Inu signed with the Warriors.

I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing Poore because I'd have the same reaction if any of the big money players did this but if Poore does in 2-3 weeks annouce he is going at the end of the year he shouldn't be picked in first grade again. Not because he is leaving but because him being theoretically under contract problably cost the side at least one of Mateo and Inu if not both.

the timing is sh*thouse no doubt about it. but there's nothing worse than keeping a bloke at the club who doesn't want to be here, Ossie, DA and Mossy should pull him into the office first thing tomorrow and put the hard word onto him and tell him he has 2 weeks to decide what he wants to do and that we won't be paying him out if he chooses to leave.

Stagger eel

Staff member
True, but any release should be conditional on, as you said above no payout to free up the cap space and that we can get a replacement in.

If either there would be a payout, or we cant get quality in, he stays.

the pay-out clause should be non negotiable...we shouldn't have to pay him out...he pisses off without a cent.

Delboy

First Grade
Stagger, so true, I am so ticked off with these prima donnas, boo f***ing hoo, harden up you blouse.

These knobs wonder why they don't get paid as much as they think they should, then they can't even fulfill a friggin contract

If it is true then he needs a good mirror to look into. If you remember, at the start of the season he was carrying on like the move was the best thing he did.

Anyway, ket us know doughboy and we can find a replacement, what a big sook, next he will be on MasterChef crying into his tea towel.

Still , it was Danny Dribbler

he is one of the higest paid forwards at our club, and playing off THE BENCH! doesn't that tell you something. He has gone form an origin front rower to a bench warmer, why would he be happy. I'm not saying its not deserved, just saying i wouldnt be happy with where i have gone in 12 months if that happened to me.

Hellsy

Immortal
:lol: :lol: at everyone bagging him for wanting out when no-one actually knows if it is what he wants :lol: :lol:

BissyB

Juniors
heard a rumour that it was said on 2UE Poore was released to the dogs? can anyone confirm?

Latest posts