What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore wants to leave

Hellsy

Immortal
Ah Weidler.

Oh well, if it does turn out that he leaves I hope it is the best for all parties involved

Parra Guru

Coach
Seems strange to happen now when we've won 3 on the Trot. Perhaps he feels like he should start and we've not given him opportunity to prove his rep worth. Can't really think of any other reason he'd be unhappy?

Stagger eel

Staff member
IF this is true, what are the chances of us being able to keep Cayless? Slim or none?

i would leave that alone, he made his decision a while ago he's got plans for a new career and would probably want to give his weary body a break.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Poore's got nothing to do with Mateo and Inu leaving.

Those two aren't leaving because we can't afford them; they're leaving because another club (the Warriors) either value them at a higher price than we do, or are prepared to pay overs for them in order to attract them to the club.

Speaking of which..

We paid so much for Poore because we needed a quality front-rower (he was playing Origin when we signed him) and we had to pay that much to get him from his juniour club - just like the Warriors are doing with Inu and Mateo.

Even if Poore was leaving we wouldn't all of a sudden spend all of his contract money on Inu and Mateo because an overpriced winger and an erratic back-rower aren't what we need. What we need is a quality front-rower, especially with Cayless retiring.

If we lose Poore (and there's no confirmation of anything yet, just some gossip journalist's say-so), neither Inu nor Mateo will replace him. We need a front-rower and if we lose one we will need to buy another one (and probably pay overs for him).

Parra Guru

Coach
I agree. Mateo and Inu aren't worth the cash the Warriors have spent.

I'll miss them but glad we didn't match the offer.

stuke

Bench
maybe Danny's internet connection isn't quite up to speed and its taken 3 weeks for the thread to open on his dial up connection?

codger

Juniors
according to Weidler on 9

pretty poor form if true seeing we've just let players go because of the cap

:lol: :lol::lol:I said this a over a month ago and you deleted it. unsubstantiated rumours i believe it was called.
my tip came direct from a very very close source.

:lol: :lol::lol:I said this a over a month ago and you deleted it. unsubstantiated rumours i believe it was called.
my tip came direct from a very very close source.
considering this is coming from weidler id say its still unsubstantiated :D

Gee i'm sick of rumors.
Maybe the people who are getting rumors spread about them should speak up coz if they don't people may think it's true.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
if he leaves just after we lost inu and mateo when his money could have kept them here i will be fkn ropable having said that i dont think the club will let him out of his contract

Paul Osborne Is a Christian
492845-paul-osborne.jpg

He is not a Roman Civil Law (of commerce) Enforcer.....
Come on board Storm players...
How long... two weeks, three weeks, four weeks????

2150_souLJA

Juniors
what did i tell you guys.

this bloke is a sissy and a waste of space.

repeat : We need more Fuifuis and less Poores.

GOOD RIDDANCE you white elephant.

bartman

Immortal
Poore's got nothing to do with Mateo and Inu leaving.
I'm glad someone finally said it.

And even if Poore leaves early, then his money should be spent on a PROP to take his place in the squad, not on a Mateo or an Inu who have been deemed surplus to requirements.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Seems strange to happen now when we've won 3 on the Trot. Perhaps he feels like he should start and we've not given him opportunity to prove his rep worth. Can't really think of any other reason he'd be unhappy?

Issues of integrity and loyalty. Has he lost respect and trust in DA & possibly PO. What if too many about-face stances and sudden revolving doors for players has stirred him up. Maybe to JP's way of thinking, a year with Wayne Bennett might have given JP a window into the different types of coaching characters. The team spirit collapsed late last year and it seems its happening again.

Casper is not saying DA is responsible because he has to create the team he wants, set the standards etc, and he has had to work with what Michael Hagan left behind and what he could pull together since. And with PO on board, with a new board of directors now steering the Eels, with some of the legends back on board as advisers and counselors etc, the dynamics have changed completely.

Then beggars the question, is it coincidental with the Polynesian players fall out with DA at the Warriors and the issues with Mateo, Inu, etc leaving the Eels??? In both cases DA is only changing the squad to meet his long-term plan objectives. As coach he has every right to do this. It seems the Warrior club was too ingrained with the Polynesian influence (and emotional fall out) which stopped his plans, so he was forced out. Now he is cleaning out the Eels and as long as he has the full support of the club he will achieve his long-term ambitions as he did at St Helens.

The only catch to Daniel & co is team spirit being maintained and fostered throughout the players (and staff) ranks. Sometimes long-term plans destroy current foundations. Then comes crashing down all it supported.

Why is Poore wanting to leave?

Why the recent fall out issues with Cayless, Hindmarsh & others?

A lot will be said about the true character of this squad and its coaching staff (and officials) come this Monday night around 8.45pm.