What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore wants to leave

Ron Jeremy

Coach
this situation has a real bad Adam Dykes smell about it, but atleast i'll say that Poore has atleast given us 3 good games - Dykes was f**king woeful for us, i think 1 game he went ok ( 2004 vs Brisbane) apart from that he was utter tripe.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Poore that's poore watching the 2010 parra preview you could tell He wasn't to happy. Even if he wants to Leave the dragons won't have him . All I can say is 350 under the cap wooohoooo

btaag

Juniors
Leave Poore alone - anyone condemning him this early in the season are pathetic (and would no doubt be labelling him a legend if he came good by the end of the season).

Let's confront the elephant in the room (which none of you haters have mentioned) : Poore should be in the starting line-up, and not Cayless.

If it was Moi Moi and Poore in the starting 13, Poore could follow up with a hit up after Moi Moi - this is the same tactic Saints used when Weyman would be the first hit up. He is a more effective impact forward than Cayless. Ditto Mannah. If Cayless being on the bench was not seen like an affront to him, that is where he would start the games.

As it stands, I think we can still be successful with Cayless and Moi Moi starting, with Poore and Mannah off the bench. Cayless deserves to go out with his head held high - he is still an effective prop. However, all the haters out there cannot be expecting Poore to be ripping it up this season when he comes off the bench and plays only 40 minutes a game.
Wait till Cayless retires and Poore gets to start each game for a month before judging him.

In short - leave him alone. I hope he stays, and given his age, he is worth the $$$ we are paying him.

natheel

Coach
You know what annoys me but, If Weidler is talking rubbish, Fingers Crossed. Then why can't Poore come out and defend himself and the Eels and assure us he is happy playing with the Eels.

It is so annoying that we pay overs for a Front Rower and 10 rounds in we are hearing rumours he isn't happy at the club.

didnt poore not cme out like 2 weeks ago maybe 3 and put the rumours of him wanting to go back to st george to rest too? about the time when he said he'd love to play for NSW too.

weidler is a bit late on these stories LOL slow news day at nine?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id suggest a trade to the club he went to. Equal to money, so purhaps 2 players equalling his wage. Its pretty obvious he wants to be closer to the coast, perhaps Cronulla would be interested in a trade? Snowden and Mannah for Poore ;) F**k thats a dodgy deal

ROGUE

Juniors
Id suggest a trade to the club he went to. Equal to money, so purhaps 2 players equalling his wage. Its pretty obvious he wants to be closer to the coast, perhaps Cronulla would be interested in a trade? Snowden and Mannah for Poore ;) F**k thats a dodgy deal

Your looking at our juniors through rose coloured glasses again, we have the better brother and let the other go for christ sake

yy_cheng

Coach
Leave Poore alone - anyone condemning him this early in the season are pathetic (and would no doubt be labelling him a legend if he came good by the end of the season).

Let's confront the elephant in the room (which none of you haters have mentioned) : Poore should be in the starting line-up, and not Cayless.

If it was Moi Moi and Poore in the starting 13, Poore could follow up with a hit up after Moi Moi - this is the same tactic Saints used when Weyman would be the first hit up. He is a more effective impact forward than Cayless. Ditto Mannah. If Cayless being on the bench was not seen like an affront to him, that is where he would start the games.

As it stands, I think we can still be successful with Cayless and Moi Moi starting, with Poore and Mannah off the bench. Cayless deserves to go out with his head held high - he is still an effective prop. However, all the haters out there cannot be expecting Poore to be ripping it up this season when he comes off the bench and plays only 40 minutes a game.
Wait till Cayless retires and Poore gets to start each game for a month before judging him.

In short - leave him alone. I hope he stays, and given his age, he is worth the $$$ we are paying him.

I agree with you but Cayless will not be dropped. We need to find an upcoming prop and play him on the bench.

Start

13. Poore
12. Mateo/Smith
11. Hindy
10. Fui
9. Robbo
8. Caylo

14. Young Prop
15. Mannah
16. Horo
17. Mateo/Smith

Now the young prop can come on 25min mark for 10 mins. One of the other prop to stay on for 5 mins longer.

Then bring back the prop at 35 min mark.

It also grooms the new prop for the future ala Horo.

parra.letic

Juniors
Whilst I'm not sure whether Poore wants out I know that he has not
fit in so well with the squad off the field... I think that Is where alot of the problem
lies... Also Poore was none to impressed with being benched, he believes he is
a starting front rower

newmanj

Juniors
My information is, that this is garbage. This is from one of the directors, however much faith we can put into that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant see anyone buying his contract out, he's just not worth it imo.

Noise

Coach
I think hes starting to play well and i wouldnt want to see him go but apparently officials at the dragons often had to 'baby' Poore when he was there , maybe its not happening here at Parra....

Gronk

Staff member
Can't believe this. It was a classic Weidler rumour mongering comment. He makes these things up all the time. You can go all the way back to when he said that Jarryd was unhappy and has signed with the Bunnies.

the_eel

Juniors
I cant see anyone buying his contract out, he's just not worth it imo.

If anyone could afford him you would guess the Bulldogs could given the cash freed up by Hannant and they are definitely in the market for an established front rower.