What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore wants to leave

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm no stranger to Danny weidlers predictions I would consider it nonsense aswell if I had not heard the same thing last week... Not necessarily saying he's going to leave, just stating that Justins transition into a new team culture has not been as smooth as it seems everyone thinks.

but no one is saying that it has been..

Gronk

Staff member
but no one is saying that it has been..

Yes and to suggest that he wants to pull the plug after less than a dozen games is really an insult to the guy. It's amazing how Poore's adjustment to our style of play and his comments about it gets distorted by Chinese whispers to him wanting out. For scumbags like Weedler to give life to this nonsense is outrageous.

The Board should get their mate Josh on the phone so he can put this rumour to bed with an interview with JP tomorrow with a pic of him smiling and looking very happy.

parra.letic

Juniors
That was in reference to people bringing up the puff piece from a few weeks ago talking how great it's been blah blah blah. What I'm saying is that I'm not basing this on that butt pirate weidler...it came up in discussion last week that poore 1 was pissed about being benched and 2 was finding his feet with his new teammates off the field, alot would have to happen for him to actually leave but like I said where there's smoke there is fire in this instance!

Kornstar

Coach
How can players be bought before a year has began so in other words we have chance thi year and next we will win that's crap. The eels bought and we were favourites this year not next. Fact is that he hasn't shown anything this year and if he wants to leave c u don't let the door from parra leagues hit you on the way out. Go to the dogs you won't like it there either

WTF are you talking about?

We knew we needed a replacement for Caylo, in fact Caylo was going to retire last year had we won the GF!

Considering we knew Caylo was going to leave we needed a replacement, Poore became available, DA wanted him, therefore we signed him as the replacement!

Caylo still being here this year and Fui aswell was always going to make it hard for Poore to start this year. Poore would need to produce some of last years early form to oust Caylo and so far he has yet to achieve that so he is on the bench, where he should be for now!

Of course we signed him to use this year but i still believe that it was next year that we actually signed him for, as the actual replacement for Caylo........

mickdo

Coach
I'd like to see a statement from the club and from Poore denying this and ending the speculation. Just so the matter can end.

For the second time, he did this two or three weeks ago!!! He doesn't have to make a public statement every time a different 'journo' decides to write some sh*t in their column because they haven't been able to dig anything up this week :crazy:

natheel

Coach
That was in reference to people bringing up the puff piece from a few weeks ago talking how great it's been blah blah blah. What I'm saying is that I'm not basing this on that butt pirate weidler...it came up in discussion last week that poore 1 was pissed about being benched and 2 was finding his feet with his new teammates off the field, alot would have to happen for him to actually leave but like I said where there's smoke there is fire in this instance!

There is no smoke unless the bloke actually suggests he is not happy or suggests he wants out he has squashed rumours about being unhappy by saying yes it was a hard transition but now he's finding his feet etc
the only smoke in this is blowing out weidlers arse

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Your looking at our juniors through rose coloured glasses again, we have the better brother and let the other go for christ sake

Yes, we let John Mannah go, you dont rate him? you dont think trading Poore for him and KANE SNOWDEN!! would be a great trade??

Also, incase you missed it, read my original post that you quoted, specifically the bit in white.

belmoreeel

Juniors
i think channel nine are better off with Robbo the Jockey as their league gossip guy he could probably get better info and he would be heaps funnier

tresurehunt

Juniors
ozie just came out and said that poore is happy where he is and he is not going anywhere !!! source was on 2ue now.

lingard

Coach
I hear Danny Weidler wants to get out of his contract with the Daily Telegraph. He`s making up outlandish stories in the hope that they will sack him. Trouble is, they love it and want him to stay longer. Poor guy can`t win. :lol:

caylo

Bench
Yes, we let John Mannah go, you dont rate him? you dont think trading Poore for him and KANE SNOWDEN!! would be a great trade??

Also, incase you missed it, read my original post that you quoted, specifically the bit in white.

Kade snowden has not been that good this year IMO, his meters are down on last year (avg just over 100 meters - only 3 games though he has run 100 meters) and his best asset so far has been his defence. IMO Poore and Cayless has both been better then him in the last month.

Poore on the other hand has avg around 110meters playing around 15 more minutes and makes a similar amout of tackles. ATM with no bias I would have Weyman and Poore starting with Snowden off the bench (would have Galloway but injured) with Watmough and Creigh also off the bench. Poore is an origin type player and just because he is playing off the bench here doesnt mean he should not be in contention... white has been injured and tbh I never rated him, dont know how he is considered.

btaag

Juniors
Let's see how Poore goes by the end of the season and early next season. The Poore haters are really annoying me (including that loser in the Liverpool jacket abusing him at our last home game).

If he was not putting in any effort that would be one thing, but his stats are fine, just not standing out. Let him settle.

Forty20

First Grade
Fingers crossed, next week I should run into Justin Poore, will be sure to investigate.

When I talked to him before his only problem with Parramatta was that it wasn't next to the beach.

On a tangent, I did get immense sense of satisfaction out of Weidler getting pounded by Vic Darchinyan on 9 news. Fui's facial expressions were also hilarious. Good times.

El Diablo

Post Whore
article from your link

Poore is very happy at Eels, says CEO
Thursday, May 13, 2010 18:55 PM
By David Beniuk

Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne is adamant prop Justin Poore is going nowhere.

Rumours the former St George Illawarra star is unhappy at the Eels after signing a lucrative three-year deal have followed Poore since his off-season move.

The latest report suggested Canterbury were looking to lure the 25-year-old, who played in all three State of Origin games for NSW last year.

Osborne said Poore had been concerned about the form that has kept him on the Parramatta bench, but has fitted into the NRL club's system.

"I'm pretty good mates with Justin, I've know him for a long time and had a chat with him," Osborne told AAP on Thursday.

"He wasn't playing great at the start, taking a little bit of time adjusting, but I think his form's been really good the last few weeks and he's certainly very happy.

"We won't be letting him go so I'm looking forward to him being here for the next three years at least."

Osborne denied other clubs had been circling Poore, who copped another disappointment this week when he was voted the NRL's most over-rated player in a poll of his peers.

"We've all had a laugh," Eels co-captain Nathan Hindmarsh said.

"Poorey's had a laugh about it so in the big scheme of things those kinds of things mean nothing.

"It doesn't take much to fire Poorey up, he'll be ready (for Monday night's game against Manly) whether or not he's in that player's poll."

Meanwhile, Osborne will sit down with Kris Keating's manager David Riolo next week with the aim of extending the in-form half's contract.

And the Eels will also begin looking to fill the holes that will be left by the departure of star duo Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu to the Warriors next year.

"We've upgraded Jarryd (Hayne) and Daniel Mortimer and a few others so it's always a balancing act when it comes to the salary cap," Osborne said.

"Certainly it takes some pressure off next year but it doesn't leave us a lot and we've got some holes to fill."

Stagger eel

Staff member
interesting article G force...

this is the first statement Ossie made since Fel and K signed else where..

natheel

Coach
Well that lays these rumours to rest I bet Danny saw he poll and conjured his own story up haha

And good to hear we will look to fill the holes