What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore wants to leave

The Colonel

Immortal

Stagger eel

Staff member
he might want to buy a sunday telegraph tomorrow, if that doesn't convince him nothing will.

Snoochies

First Grade
he might want to buy a sunday telegraph tomorrow, if that doesn't convince him nothing will.

Justin Poore not worried about being labelled 'over-rated'

By Christian Nicolussi From: The Sunday Telegraph May 15, 2010 11:45PM

Happy Eel...Justin Poore recovers after a weights session at Parramatta Stadium gym. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Sunday Telegraph

NOT only does Justin Poore want a trophy for being the "most over-rated NRL star", he made it clear he has no intention of walking out on the Eels.

The former Dragons prop maintained his sense of humour last week after being awarded the game's most unwanted tag by his peers in an annual magazine poll, followed by rumours he was unhappy at Parramatta.

"I don't know where the talk of me wanting out of here keeps coming from," said Poore, who comes up against Manly tomorrow night at Brookvale Oval.

"Parramatta have been good to me, I've committed for three years and I'm going nowhere.

"I'd like to know who is starting the rumours because it is getting frustrating. The other night I saw my head on the news and they said I was going to the Bulldogs. It was laughable.

"As for the (over-rated) award, as stupid as this may sound, it's an honour.

"If you look at the people who have won it in the past - Willie Mason, Braith Anasta, even Brad Fittler has got it - so I'm in good company. I'm probably more annoyed I haven't received a trophy. I've got nothing to show for my achievement. It's a laugh and doesn't worry me much."

Poore, 25, has come under scrutiny for failing to make an impact since his expensive move from the Dragons.

He had placed too much pressure on himself, Poore said, since joining his new club and was aiming to improve "10 per cent each week".

"My start to the season wasn't to be desired, but the last month I've been putting some games together and I'm enjoying footy again," Poore said.

"I'm aiming to get better by 10 per cent each week, so I'm happy with the way things are going.

"I think I put too much pressure on myself (when I first arrived). I was the one saying to myself it's a lot different, but when it comes down to it, my job is pretty easy - run hard and tackle hard.

"Ando (coach Daniel Anderson) has been really patient and given me confidence, so I'm good at the moment."

Poore said he still harboured a desire to return for the Blues this series.

He will have the perfect chance to test himself against one of the best forward packs in the competition when Parramatta meet Manly to finish off the heritage round.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...elled-over-rated/story-e6frexnr-1225867200617

End of thread!

parrachilean31

Juniors
lol parrachilien prob wont show his mug in this thread again lol

Well he has finally confirmed his not going finally. Well as I stated before I wanted to hear it from him and I would be happy!!! now all you have to do is show some form on the field poore. Then everyone would get off his back

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Well he has finally confirmed his not going finally. Well as I stated before I wanted to hear it from him and I would be happy!!! now all you have to do is show some form on the field poore. Then everyone would get off his back
Have a good day Josh.

parra pete

Referee
Parrachilean is entitled to his say...why the big deal about his right to express an opinion. Opinions are like bums...everyone has one...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parrachilean is entitled to his say...why the big deal about his right to express an opinion. Opinions are like bums...everyone has one...

gee you've changed your tune, any other time you'd be critisising fans for bagging players..:lol:

I agree with you pedro but geez you don't mind a bun fight do you?? :lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
parrachilean31

Fail.jpg

natheel

Coach

lol re-watch the last month of parra games he and mannah r doing awesome off the bench together

strider

Post Whore
looks to me like he had his opinion .... and then everyone else's opinion was had .... so seems all's well

my next opinion: i wonder what will happen in 3 weeks time when danny "hang round like a bad smell" weidler goes digging for another story and writes teh same thing? - will 'chilean want yet another reply from Poore?

2150_souLJA

Juniors
I will personally hold this big pillows hand,take him to Parramatta train station then buy him a one way ticket to Kogarah with my own money.

Bye bye Poore.

Snoochies

First Grade
Mama always said, "If you can't support the whole team, then don't support the team at all".

My first impression of Poore was at the pre season fan day, was the first player who actually acted like he wanted to be there and got up and went out of his way to go meet and greet the fans who were waiting hours on end for an autograph. He had my respect since then and have cut him some slack to let him adapt to a brand new club who obviously plays a different style than he is used too.

The last month he has done exactly what is required of him. He'll be the starting front rower next season, bit hard to bench the current captain ATM.

Well done Poore, some of us are actually happy to have you here, some have just jumped on the wagon since our great run last year.