What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

redv13

Bench
Norman falls in the celebration category along with Mcballsack and Price. Oh happy days come 915pm Saturday night.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well done mate, how you feeling today?

I had my 2nd last Thursday, felt fine afterwards but on Friday I felt like Mr Burns (without all the money).. At one point, lying on the lounge with 3 jumpers on, a blanket, and the heater on trying to warm up. Completely fine the next day.

All for a good cause though. Small inconvenience to fight the fight against the Rona..
Yeah I’ve just been buggered all day, not a bad feeling really almost like being stoned but I’ve got no energy whatsoever.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Yeah I’ve just been buggered all day, not a bad feeling really almost like being stoned but I’ve got no energy whatsoever.
I had my second jab in early August. Barely felt a thing and didn't even have a sore arm! I guess the payback for my good fortune was that the Dragons haven't won a game since. The universe gives with one hand and takes with the other! 😇

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I had my second jab in early August. Barely felt a thing and didn't even have a sore arm! I guess the payback for my good fortune was that the Dragons haven't won a game since. The universe gives with one hand and takes with the other! 😇
Hopefully that means the Dragons win on the weekend, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so my immune system is a bit rooted.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Now that is the million dollar question; do we want it bad enough? Recent evidence is not encouraging - when the going gets tough, these guys lie down, shrug their shoulders and say "what can ya do?"
We have had so much good luck of late with teams with injuries and rested players etc. We could have made the finals if we really wanted to starting with a Turboless Manly but it’s seems they give up after BBQ gate.

but it’s seems they give up after BBQ gate
The media blew this all out of proportion painting it as a major hit to our club's culture by labeling it BBQ Gate. What a lame name. This then has proven to be a major hit to our team confidence too. When all is said and done the BBQ was not that big a deal. Certainly did not warrant Vaughan being given his marching orders and the suspension of some of our best forwards which left a huge hole to fill in our engine room. Not having Lomax magic in the backline for weeks did not help our attack nor did losing our skipper at a bad time in the season.

Last edited:
There has not been a lot to enthuse over the past decade but I am quietly.. no noisily confident that our fortunes are about to lift.With this influx of talented youth we have nurtured and will develop over the coming years. Hopefully there are more on the way too with our Flegg side finishing second this year. Griffin has shown that he is willing to fast track these kids into first grade. For that I congratulate him.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The media blew this all out of proportion painting it as a major hit to our club's culture by labeling it BBQ Gate. What a lame name. This then has proven to be a major hit to our team confidence too. When all is said and done the BBQ was not that big a deal. Certainly did not warrant Vaughan being given his marching orders and the suspension of some of our best forwards which left a huge hole to fill in our engine room. Not having Lomax magic in the backline for weeks did not help our attack nor did losing our skipper at a bad time in the season.
It wasn’t as though they murdered someone but undoubtedly the suspensions which led to chopping and changing the side was definitely the straw that broke the camels back. We never got to build combinations in attack or defence which makes it very hard to win games.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
It wasn’t as though they murdered someone but undoubtedly the suspensions which led to chopping and changing the side was definitely the straw that broke the camels back. We never got to build combinations in attack or defence which makes it very hard to win games.
I still believe that if the NRL hadn't forced the Dragons to spread the suspensions over 4 games, and instead allowed us to get rid of it all in 1, maybe 2, games then we make the 8. The suspensions just seemed to drag on forever. Now the NRL doesn't bat an eye at Storm, Souths and Eels resting a swag of players pre finals. Stupid NRL!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I still believe that if the NRL hadn't forced the Dragons to spread the suspensions over 4 games, and instead allowed us to get rid of it all in 1, maybe 2, games then we make the 8. The suspensions just seemed to drag on forever. Now the NRL doesn't bat an eye at Storm, Souths and Eels resting a swag of players pre finals. Stupid NRL!
Lomax was also a massive loss. There were games we win if just for his goal kicking.

We may not have made the finals but our for and against was better than the team that finished 7th.
Wow.

The real staggering stats for me this season are

The top 2 teams - Storm n Panthers, finished on double the points of the 8th team (also making finals) - Titans. Surely that’s never happened in league history?

And. The 8th team into the finals lost 4 games more than they have won. (10W, 14L).

Wolfgang90

Juniors
IMO Bud has been fantastic at hooker. He provides an attacking threat to the opposition markers/ruck, this adds some variation in our attack rather than one out running by our forwards or predictable sideways long passes. He's shown a good kicking game from dummy half & has crisp passes. His defence is also good for a small player, never goes backwards & looks like he enjoys the contact, he has good tackling technique.

It took me by surprise but I think hooker will be his position next year, he could be dynamic in that role. Great running ability, excellent passing & great kicking game. I really hope Hook develops him in a dummy half role throughout the off-season. Let Macca start & take up the initially physical stuff, make a ton of tackles etc then bring on Bud around the 20th min mark to cause havoc with the opposition tiring defence. Continue playing Bud for 20-30mins in the 2nd half either at the start or the end, it doesn't really matter. I think I'm most excited about his potential at hooker.

I say hooker for Bud because he won't get a spot in the halves due to Ben Hunt being our halfback & I think Amone has shown great potential at 5/8th. I also think playing at hooker will be good for his long term development when hunt eventually retries/leaves the dragons then Bud can move into the halves or if he excels at hooker he can replace McCullough.

It makes the Mbye signing look pretty dumb. Both will be competing for a bench utility spot & I hope Bud gets it rather than Mbye as it's better for the dragons long term future.