What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

thebigredv

First Grade
I don’t wish injury on anyone but let’s home this injury to Macca moves Clune to 9 and ensures Amone is 6. Is it too much to ask to have him along Sullivan, whom he’s been playing with for years?

Not a AM fan but Clune won't be able to do all that defensive work. Another recruitment area that needs proper attention.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not a AM fan but Clune won't be able to do all that defensive work. Another recruitment area that needs proper attention.
No it’s always been a massive issue. We are just lucky it come so late. Probably means we will have to play he and BB or he and McGuire in stints. We won’t win another game but we can build some combos in the halves.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I was really impressed with Amone last night like all of us were. That was his eighth game and had he not had the confidence instilled in him from his last 7 appearances and playing decent minutes even from the bench, I don't think we would've seen him take the line on the way he did for Bird's try and his own try.

People on here have been whinging about Griffin not giving the kids a good enough go but never stop to consider that perhaps he has a strategy around this and doesn't want to shatter their confidence by throwing them in the deep end too soon.

If Amone's performance last night is anything to go by, Hook's approach with Amone at least is starting to bear fruit and this gives me high hopes to see the same thing in Sloane, Sullivan, Ramsey, Coric et al. Hook also gave them all a mention in the presser last night.

My view at this point in time is the wheel is slowly but surely turning and greener pastures lie ahead for us in seasons 2022 and 2023.

Our coach is getting rid of the dead wood as he should when their contracts expire and at the same time is adding value to our playing roster and salary cap with the money ball signings. This will result in us making some big signings over the next 12 months or so I'm confident of that.

Unfortunately success doesn't come instantly, it is a long journey like a lot of us know, there are ups and downs, trials and tribulations but I maintain full confidence in our coach and fully enjoyed seeing one of youngsters stand up last night and show he is ready.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was really impressed with Amone last night like all of us were. That was his eighth game and had he not had the confidence instilled in him from his last 7 appearances and playing decent minutes even from the bench, I don't think we would've seen him take the line on the way he did for Bird's try and his own try.

People on here have been whinging about Griffin not giving the kids a good enough go but never stop to consider that perhaps he has a strategy around this and doesn't want to shatter their confidence by throwing them in the deep end too soon.

If Amone's performance last night is anything to go by, Hook's approach with Amone at least is starting to bear fruit and this gives me high hopes to see the same thing in Sloane, Sullivan, Ramsey, Coric et al. Hook also gave them all a mention in the presser last night.

My view at this point in time is the wheel is slowly but surely turning and greener pastures lie ahead for us in seasons 2022 and 2023.

Our coach is getting rid of the dead wood as he should when their contracts expire and at the same time is adding value to our playing roster and salary cap with the money ball signings. This will result in us making some big signings over the next 12 months or so I'm confident of that.

Unfortunately success doesn't come instantly, it is a long journey like a lot of us know, there are ups and downs, trials and tribulations but I maintain full confidence in our coach and fully enjoyed seeing one of youngsters stand up last night and show he is ready.
Well said Hornby. Next year we are going to see some consistent good footy from our side leading into 2023 during which I think will be our year.

Spazer

Juniors

That is very true. He cops a bit of criticism on here but a lot of what he is doing is similar to his days at penrith. If I remember correctly he debuted edwards, cleary and harawira-naera and also tyrone may I think, which gives me a bit of confidence in what he is doing with our young guns.

Along with the players you mentioned he also has players who haven't peaked yet like lomax, rav and lawrie. Throw in Hunt, Bird and JDB plus the forward signings next year and we are looking okay to start 2022

denis preston

First Grade
That is very true. He cops a bit of criticism on here but a lot of what he is doing is similar to his days at penrith. If I remember correctly he debuted edwards, cleary and harawira-naera and also tyrone may I think, which gives me a bit of confidence in what he is doing with our young guns.

Along with the players you mentioned he also has players who haven't peaked yet like lomax, rav and lawrie. Throw in Hunt, Bird and JDB plus the forward signings next year and we are looking okay to start 2022
The wrist slashers on here just won’t tolerate this sort of positivity.As Bennett has said on most clubs fortunes at any given time are not as good as you think and not as bad as you think.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Exactly, he has openly admitted that the situation to blood them hasn't been ideal but will pay off later. Amone will probably be the first to really crack it just with how the dice has rolled but they will make an impact in the coming years I reckon.

Dragon David

First Grade
Honestly only 4 teams can win the comp and that’s being nice to Souths and Manly
A toss up between the Eels and the Bunnies although both have suffered 50+ scoreline defeats this year so they can be eliminated leaving just 3 who could win.