What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives for this season.

Anonymous

Juniors
These are some positives i have seen this season, feel free to add to the list.

The return of Doogs after 18 months on the sideline was definately a positive for mine, and seeing him hit some great form in the last few weeks. This is even more of a positive if he re-signs.

Although i dont think we have got rid of the cant win without johns tag, i think we shut a few critics up.

The emergence of Kurt Gidley showing that he can direct the whole team around when he is still such a young kid.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Producing Tanner, Hall, Price.

Doogs coming back.

Rudder going.

Kurt Gidley taking a big step forward in his career.

Perrys/abrahams form.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I know this isnt really on topic but I will get to that in a moment. I thought Abes and BK were our best tonight. Quinn also put in 100% as he always does.

Now to the topic...my highlights for the season were:-
* Joey leading NSW to victory in the S.O.O
* Dogs return
* Seeing BK lead the side after Joey was out...inspirational
* the record half time score against the Cowboys
* (yet to happen....but will) me buying the NRL 2003 PS2 game and smashing the living bejeezus out of the Roosters :D

Anonymous

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
* (yet to happen....but will) me buying the NRL 2003 PS2 game and smashing the living bejeezus out of the Roosters :D

That is the f**ken coolest idea i have heard in my entire life, when i get that game for xbox, im gonna play it for a week strait bashing the crap out of them in every way possible :evil: :lol:

Kaz

junior
I wish the NRL 2003 PS2 game had a feature where we could gag Ricky Stuart from ever talking again after a match, mainly after they lose.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Im listening to a new song by Dido and am about to burst into tears....
Its called white flag and here is the Chorus for it...

Well I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Im feelin it right now....the season is over.....but I will still put on a brave face when I meet my mates during the week.....

P.S. The part about being in love has nothing to do with the Knights....really....im happily married thanks :lol:

roopy

Referee
Buderus overcoming a bad start and proving he is the best in the big games.

Hughes coming back after a poor start

Johns leaving no doubt that he is the best.

Kidley, Perry and Abraham all stepping up to the next level (stars)

Hall, Bates, Gavin Quinn, Tanner, Mueller, Ennis, Matt Kennedy, Lowrie, Quigley and Price all making their firstgrade debuts and all looking like they will improve next season.

Managing to keep nearly all the players we wanted to keep, both seniors and juniors.

The new stars in the lower grades coming through including Young, Ennis, Worth, Tilse, Tolar, White, Snowden, Andreissen, Brown, Dureau, Wallace and probably half a dozen more i can't think of for now.

Alex28

Coach
The team showing that they can come from behind and win is the big thing. The team has matured so much over last year - last year they probably wouldnt have made the 8 in the same situation to this years team.

Kurt Gidley has been the shining light - he got his opportunity and while he still gets overwhelmed in big situations - he is still young!

Danny Buderus stepping up and out of Andrew John's shaddow over the last 4 weeks.

Anonymous

Juniors
Positives:

- The fact that we made the 8 when so many good teams didn’t.

- Buderus coming into his own as a great player.

- The emergence of the young forwards.

- I will never have to see rudder miss 10 tackles before half-time again.

- The victories over the Broncos, and both of the StGeorge games. Sensational.

- We are getting our Stadium!!!

- Daniel Abraham and Anthony Quin. Both have developed way beyond where most of us thought they would.

the_chief

Juniors
For me it would be

Winning games without joey

Winning games with joey :D

Tahu getting some good form

but best of all Kurt Gidley showing what he is made of

Anonymous

Juniors
the_chief said:
For me it would be

Winning games without joey

Winning games with joey :D

Tahu getting some good form

but best of all Kurt Gidley showing what he is made of

WHAT BOTH of them? 2 games out of the last 4 isnt good... JUST Like last year... we lost our last three or four games.

Terminator

First Grade
*The sucessful return of Doogs
*Our forward pack getting more intimidating.
*The emergence of Kidley
*Woolnough, Buderus and Abraham getting more confident
* The strength of Perry and Parsons
*Robbios never say die attitude
*Talking to you guys on the forum
* Beating the Broncos away for the first time
*Joeys winning kick against the Dragons
*Out muscling the Warriors at EAS.

Risa

Bench
My highlights:

* The win over the Broncos - I was there, and loving it!

* Knocking St George-Illawarra out of the finals race. Kurt Gidley was superb that day.

* Abraham - he's taken off this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes State Of Origin in the future. His big step was making the Country team. And, he seems to have further improved his goalkicking. He reminds me of Bill Peden, he's a workhorse.

* NSW winning the Origin series 2-1. Too good :)

* Ben Kennedy's inspirational runs. He's one of the guys we miss when he's out injured

* Bedsey - Even though he was outclassed by Craig Wing last night, he's still the worlds best hooker and continued to prove it this year.

* Beating the Bulldogs 12-6 at EAS after that horrid game last year. It was bittersweet.

* The flogging of the Cowboys in Townsville.

The highlight for me would be-
Any try that ODavis scores[loves his footy]
Craig halls determination
Hughsy back-we miss him more than we realise
Doogs back on the trail of a rep jumper-rather have him playing with us than against us
WATCHING JOHNS PLAY ANY GAME-face it -its why we pay our money
The determination of Ben Kennedy
Watching the best hooker in the world Danny Buderus when he darts from dummy half
Rising to your feet Every time Tahu gets the ball
Being part of the crowd when Johns kicked from the sideline to beat St George.
Beating the Broncos on their biggest day-Which i guess looking back was probably our Grand Final
:D :D

IanG

Coach
Yeah i think the blooding of the young tallen was a good thing for the club this year.

As I've said before though of those games where Joey's been out how many of our other top players have been out as well.

I think the younger guys in the squad are better now that they've had 1st grade experience and will be better players for it.

So Knight NRL Champions in 2004.

PS I now don't give a toss who wins it now as long as it aint the Roosters.
PPS. What formats is the new NRL Video game on?

NC

Juniors
- Daniel Abraham's form this season has been outstanding.

- Doogs comeback

- Kurt Gidler doing a great job in the last month filling in for Joey

- Danny Buderus has really stepped up a level this year