What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives from Today's Loss

Misanthrope

Staff member
I posted this in the post match discussion, but don't want the loss to tarnish the fact that we did play very well. So, here's my list of positives to come out of today's game. Feel free to add to it.

Despite what Rabs says, our season isn't over.

Ben Kennedy was magnificent. We're going to miss his inspired runs. When he told the boys to fire up, they did accordingly. Our last two near tries came from that intensity.

Parsons has to start over Perry, and if we can, he has to stay on. He was one of our best today.

Defense! Aside from the bad miss leading to Harmichael's try, we were defensively quite good. Hall was a rock. O'Davis was inspirational. It was probably our best game for defensive intensity since Round One.

Kidley found a kicking game that doesn't suck! His short, low chip bombs in the second half were quite effective. I'm still spewing at that Ennis try. Benefit of the doubt should have come in, I don't think you can rule he knocked that on fairly.

Ennis didn't see enough game time IMO, but who can blame Hagan when Buderus was in fine form, and Matty Gidley was producing some good passes from five eighth?

Simpson, O'Davis, and Hall's return from injury. All solid

We're not out of this race, but we're going to need to play like that for the rest of the season to make it. There was something bubbling beneath the surface tonight, and I think if we can scrape into the eight, and we keep that spirit- we could shake things up. We're not dead. There was passion aplenty in our jersey tonight. I'm wearing mine proudly.

Missa

Juniors
ditto to all the above......nothing is a certainy in footy.....those sort of comments should fire the boys up...it certainly fired me up hearing them say "our season is over"

IanG

Coach
Too Bloody right. You definatly can't question the enthusiasim of our boys today especially in those conditions.

Terminator

First Grade
Im proud of the team they showed true grit, we came so close to winning, but it wasnt to be, the best part of the match was when Kennedy said give it to them at the end, and they did!
Ennis should have been bought on much earlier, Parsons was simply tops and must be kept for amother season at least, ODavis and Quinn never gave up, Hall was at his best and Carmonts intercept and his general improvement in defence gave me hope for his future, I think if Perry had played we would have won, Price and M.Kennedy played solidly, all players Hughes, Matt Gidley stood up in the second half and showed what they were made of, yes we will miss BK next year, he was awesome today as was Buderus.

Johns Magic

Referee
Hughes was shocking. Despite not doing anything in attack(he made 58 metres), he let through 4 missed tackles, 2 leading directly to tries. He only made 12 tackles, so it's not as if he had a huge defensive workload either. He isn't a dangerous player at all, and is poor in defence.

The backline for the rest of the season should be(in my opinion):

1. O'Davis
2. Hall
3. M. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
6. Ennis
7. K.Gidley

keeney

First Grade
camront was exposed in defence a number of times, and if it twasnt for hall, the score might have been anything, hughes ahd an off game, carmont wasnt particularly good either

Timana's girl

Juniors
Lockyer got MOM on channel nine.

Anyone know about the injuries? hopefully we had none.

I think if perry had played we would have given more penalties away, and we certainly couldent afford that.

Overall i think we can be proud of the boys performance. We came preety close to winning a game noone thought we could have won. Only 4 points, it was sooooo close.

Looking forward to next week, man, we have to win that one, abes could be back too.

anyone know the latest on tahu? is he a chance of playing?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't think Lockyer was their best. He gets it because his side won and because he is Darren Lockyer. For mine, McGuire was better.

mat_parsons

Juniors
If our managment watched today's match they wouldn't let Parso go. We are not likely to sign a mountain like him.

knights_maniac

Juniors
Terminator said:
He must be kept, at least for one more season.
agreed. I love to see Parso playing again next year. Ive always had only raps for this fella. Id like to see Kirk Reynoldson also if the cap allows for both, but Parsons should be re-signed...he has the ability to turn the game around with some busting runs and offloads...a real foundation which should be kept.

Johns Magic

Referee
Parsons has been good as of late.
FINALLY he is utilising his size. In previous seasons he'd have to be embarrassed with himself, being such a giant yet not dominating. To put it lightly, in previous seasons he has been soft.
Like alot of props, he is improving with age. Unfortunately, he has started improving when it's too late.

Dragons_#1

Bench
i dont understand why everyone is counting u guys out u are only 2 points off teh top 8 and on nine they r saying teh season is over if u dont win?? please someone explain why??

Johns Magic

Referee
Dragons_#1 said:
i dont understand why everyone is counting u guys out u are only 2 points off teh top 8 and on nine they r saying teh season is over if u dont win?? please someone explain why??

Because Ray Warren's a d*ckhead.

i think we deserved 2 win this game, we played preety good. howevers ennis's no try!! ahh could that have been anymore frustraiting!!!

Latest posts