What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives Not Negatives

Freak

Juniors
OK so this list might be short but thought it was worth mentioning a few aspects.

1. WAGON! You bashed the shite out of him all last week, but he was our best by a long way on Saturday night.
2. We don't play the dogs again in 2004 (hopefully)
3. Changes needed will come early. It did not take many rounds to show where we will get found out.
4. Dykes looks sharp in attack.
5. Stapleton went better than expected.
6. Armit is a cert to retain his spot.

Any others????

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Freshie did well when he came on.

I'm not so sure about changes, knowing Smith he has probably made his mind up that some blokes need another chance.

The formula for the bench needs to change, we missed the utility player on Saturday nite, the 4 big guys did not work.

Freak

Juniors
I agree Twizzle.
Would be extrmeley suprised not to see one M Witt in the 17 this week.

Parraren

Bench
1. WAGON! You bashed the shite out of him all last week, but he was our best by a long way on Saturday night.

I'm glad someone else felt he played well. I think it's unfair that everyone is taking their frustration out on him just because Smithy named him at 5/8th. It's not his bloody fault he gets picked at 5/8th! Unfortunately he has to play where our 'wise' coach picks him but i'm sure if he had a choice he'd rather play lock. He got through a tonne of defensive work.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good God you sound like Louis Van Gaal. the FC Barcelona coach who was SACKED for playing bad players out of positions and always saying, "You are never positive; you're always negative!"

Seriously, Wags was solid but far from our best. I thought Dykes had a blinder - especially because his piss weak little girl forwards did nothing to give him room.

I thought Grothe was great too - there was one run where he fended off Price and Mason before they got him in a two man tackle. Priceless.

Freak

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Good God you sound like Louis Van Gaal. the FC Barcelona coach who was SACKED for playing bad players out of positions and always saying, "You are never positive; you're always negative!"

Seriously, Wags was solid but far from our best. I thought Dykes had a blinder - especially because his piss weak little girl forwards did nothing to give him room.

I thought Grothe was great too - there was one run where he fended off Price and Mason before they got him in a two man tackle. Priceless.

As painful as it would be you need to watch a replay of the game. Wags was our best by far, and as predicted played very little 5/8 positionally.

Dykes played well when he had the pill (2nd half) and Grothe went OK as well, in a 3,2,1 point system they would probably get the points just in front of Stapleton.

Avenger

Immortal
I have been a Freshy critic for a long time. But he was OK on Saturday. Armit MUST start. Dykes looks to have more pace. Probably because he is not injured. Grothe was good. Wagon well he did tackle so give him a another chance but at lock.

The Godfather

Juniors
9. We will drop less ball
10. We will make more tackles.
11. *The GF won't make statements like this again* ;-)
12. We are on equal points with the defending premiers.
13. Man United got thrashed by Man City
14. We won the 2nd half 14-12.
15. There is always next week to fight again.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The Godfather said:

uhoh, someone was naughty!!

18. we are first at the other end 8)

The Godfather

Juniors
JessEel said:
The Godfather said:

uhoh, someone was naughty!!

Awwww, Moderator, c'mon....BOOOOO !!!!!! :?

Technical call, since the reference was to the Parramatta team ( and from best knowledge, it 's a true statement, so does not have to be an allegation that is yet to be proven)

But if the ruling is that no reference in any context is to be made on that rather sensitive current topic and to exclude any possible grey areas that could potentially leave certain people open to litigation, I will humbly withdraw that statement and refer from any further comment.

[ Gets sent up to room for being a bad boy :oops: ]

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a look at where we are on the ladder, the only way is up.

PB

Bench
Freak said:
I agree Twizzle.
Would be extrmeley suprised not to see one M Witt in the 17 this week.

M Witt played pretty poorly in premier league.

but this is a postive thread so....

# at least there are no more round 1's this year....
# at least the Tigers and Sharks were just as bad (if not worse)

hh

Juniors
Freak said:
OK so this list might be short but thought it was worth mentioning a few aspects.

2. We don't play the dogs again in 2004 (hopefully)
3. Changes needed will come early. It did not take many rounds to show where we will get found out.
4. Dykes looks sharp in attack.
5. Stapleton went better than expected.
6. Armit is a cert to retain his spot.

Any others????

Guess its good and bad..... I'd still love another chance to show them what we are truly capable of :lol:
But that could mean another opportunity for a flogging also :oops: