What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives of 2011 - Can you name them?

sheet_ed

Juniors
I read the press and they say look at the positives of 2011.

Can't think of many except the solidarity of the fans - we now have a rock solid support base.

The only other positive for me is that, after the incident at a Parramatta game where those "parra grubs" berated and a berated a 10 year old storm supporter who was there with his mother till the kid he cried and he left the game, at least they didn't make the finals. I did not wish them ill until that incident.

To Hoffy, Finch, Lima, Inglis, Tolman and White - your are big part of the history of the club and they can't take your premiership rings from you.

To Craig Bellamy - can't say more than thank you. We need to offer you life time contract as you are the soul of the club.

LESStar58

Referee
I hope the NRL schedule a Storm vs Parra game and we pack the joint out. I mean I'm already laughing at the pitiful 7k they got at that game. Bandwagon support of the highest order. I know a grand total of 6 Eels supporters who support them through everything. The rest...bullsh*t posturing.

LESStar58

Referee
while I personally don't buy in to it the whole Melbourne Vs Sydney attitude will net us new support.

Positives of 2011...

Gareth Whiddop, Luke Kelly, Justin O'Neill, Matt Duffie - all future stars and long term prospects at the club.

Cronk, Smith and Slater will have a summer to think about this wasted year and will be firing up for next season to right a lot of wrongs.

The supporters will be there in numbers - how could you not go and watch the Storm in our new Stadium.

alan89

Juniors
I think the fact that the Storm have managed to keep the backbone of Cronk, Slater and Smith intact bodes well for success come 2011. I thought atleast one of those guys would have walked with Inglis out the door. Inglis has also stated that once his two years are up at Brisbane, he's coming back to Melbourne. Let's see if he keeps his word, especially if the Broncos win a Grand Final while his there.

MsStorm

Bench
Positives of 2011...

Gareth Whiddop, Luke Kelly, Justin O'Neill, Matt Duffie - all future stars and long term prospects at the club.

Cronk, Smith and Slater will have a summer to think about this wasted year and will be firing up for next season to right a lot of wrongs.

The supporters will be there in numbers - how could you not go and watch the Storm in our new Stadium.

Your post sums up how I feel about 2011 re the players...it saves me typing something similar:)

I would just like to add that having Craig Bellamy as our coach, gives us fans even more confidence for the future. He's just been brilliant holding the team together during the salary cap drama.

And a big thumbs up :thumbto the Storm fans who have stuck fat this year.