What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positivly Elliott

hitro

Juniors
could well be same team named again on tues
all worst fears are coming true
elliot is only good at greasing owen glen
this season is a more spectacular disaster than last
need a dangerous centre like ini
need a goal kicker like ini
need a standoff
tony iro would have been a better bet and it still might happen
help please god this is a bloodbath
we are the worst team in the league and every other team must look forward to playing us
could we even beat canberra?

Iafeta

Referee
The Owen Glenn talk I feel is wrong TBH. Wayne Scurrah and Dean Bell are accountable for his appointment, they led the recruitment process and then provided Elliott as a recommendation to the board to approve.

Elliott needs to make some changes, there's no doubt there. Taylor needs to go to the backrow. Mara to come in. The biggest momentum shift is when Taylor lobbed a soft as wee pass to Johnson shortly after Locke's 40/20. They say its hard to play ball when you're not getting ball on the front foot, Taylor's passing kills momentum.

We also MUST stop the penalties. The first half, 4-0, they capitalised on that. Most of the time it was absolute laziness. Love to know who the wrestling coach is, the amount of times we we caught with a defender to the side of the ruck and only one marker was incredibly bad.

The Owen Glenn talk I feel is wrong TBH. Wayne Scurrah and

Elliott needs to make some changes, there's no doubt there. Taylor needs to go to the backrow. Mara to come in. The biggest momentum shift is when Taylor lobbed a soft as wee pass to Johnson shortly after Locke's 40/20. They say its hard to play ball when you're not getting ball on the front foot, Taylor's passing kills momentum.

Mate i so agree monumental f up having taylor at hooker if he is there next week elliot is a complete goose.

I thought Henry had a go also Lillyman played pretty well, Neilson was good in defence and Hurrell improved on the first 2 rounds. But man we need a quality hooker to take the pressure of 6 and 7 also a quality winger. Johnson obviously isnt the finshed product but he can improve with the right people around him, ive still got faith in him. Locke only woke up in the last 10 minutes!

Micistm

Bench
We have Elliot, IMO like Bluey he deserves the chance to rectify this. I'll be interested how long he stays loyal to a team not repaying that faith in them

IanG

Coach
So he wont be facing the fate as Brian McCleanan where he doesn't see out the season.

Diesel

Referee
Management have said no, I guess we'll just wait and see but who seriously would put their hand up for this team if he did get sacked within a year?

flippikat

Bench
Management have said no, I guess we'll just wait and see but who seriously would put their hand up for this team if he did get sacked within a year?

Ackland?

He's proved himself as an under-20s coach - if he wants to have a go at first grade, why not give him a shot?

ozbash

Referee
So he wont be facing the fate as Brian McCleanan where he doesn't see out the season.

Elliott is so far up Sir Owens arse you'd need a crowbar to move him.

Bluey was way too honest for his own good.

jamaman

Juniors
Elliot needs to tell Owen to buy a real team!
this mob would finish last in the NSW comp

Meth

Staff member
I was gutted that we signed Elliot, but now that we've signed him, we need to keep him for a couple of years. We can't repeat what happened with Bluey if we ever want to land a top coach.

Rich102

Staff member
Look it's not all Elliott. He has coaches for Africa around him and it is making no difference.
Time for some tough love- shape up or ship out. Goes for Martel & SJ too.

Skinner

Coach
I was gutted that we signed Elliot, but now that we've signed him, we need to keep him for a couple of years. We can't repeat what happened with Bluey if we ever want to land a top coach.

Completely agree here

Micistm

Bench
Forget Elliott, messrs Scurrah & Bell should be under the pump. They answered critics there by promoting Bell...! ;-)

ozenzud

Juniors
Elliott is so far up Sir Owens arse you'd need a crowbar to move him.

Bluey was way too honest for his own good.

Do you believe that? Bluey was naive. He talked it all up, made bizarre selections, had crap game plans and messed with the heads of the players. What was truely obvious was the players lost faith in him, and probably the whole management.

I think there must be a lot going on behind the scenes right now.

You don't need to be a master coach to work out what Elliot needs to do. Teach the players to tackle. Use a bit of mongrel and agression and knock the other bast#rds over. Can't offload when you are sitting on your arse on the ground. Warriors are simply getting out muscled.

Because they can't put players down, they have hands on the ball to slow it down, get penalised and are on the back foot.

Teams are running lines to pick out Johnstone and TJ. TJ can tackle a lot better than Maloney. Same game plan as last year for teams. They just change the names on their game tip sheet.

After all that, the warriors are fatigued and make heaps of errors in attack.

Warmess

Juniors
There aren't any coaches out there right now who I'd really prefer over Elliot. Might as well give him his time to try and turn this shit around. If Hasler, Bennett, Bellamy or Maguire were off contract then yeah, I wouldn't want Elliot around if we could land of them.

I'd say it's more likely that players should be put on notice. The problem is, we can't get anyone over here. Apparently we have over $1m left in the cap for this season, and this is after Elliot tried to spend it! Who the hell do we sign? How much do we need to pay to get 'em over here? Shit's looking dire...

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

What if he turns the club to sh*t, if nothing changes by the end of the year than I think it is time for him to go, 2 years is a long time. But on the other side of that argument I cannot see anyone out their available to take over. Sure as hell not the Sheenius.

Talanexor

Juniors
Elliott's absolute rubbish. You'll get nowhere with him at the helm. I don't think Sheens is the answer either.

What about nabbing a promising assistant coach instead?

Someone like Matt Parish. He was assistant coach under Neil Henry at the Raiders and the Cowboys, and now under Wayne Bennett at Newcastle. He's also been assistant coach for Country and NSW too.

He has a reputation as a tactician and hard disciplinarian, and he's worked with some of the best players and coaches in the competition.

If the coach had a history of turning struggling clubs into winners, then it's easier to be patient. I'm sure Bennet's under much less pressure than Steve Price, because he has a proven ability to find out what works for the personnel he has and turn things around. Even if it may take 2 or 3 years to get settled. With Elliott it's blind hope really, that's why it's hard to be patient. There's danger it's just a complete waste of time and someone else will have to start from scratch again in 2 years time.

TheDalek079

Bench
i dont believe you need a super coach. A strong CEO or GM can be just as good in building and influencing a top culture at a club. And with players who have strong leadership qualities and take a no nonsense approach to life, a team can easily turn things around quickly.

I remember the bull dogs were a shambles back in 2008 - they took home the wooden spoon, Sonny Bill did a runner to France, Willie Mason was a deliquent & the club had all sort of problems off field (allegations of assualt at coffs harbour etc). The club eventually sacked the CEO and introduced Todd Greenberg. This guy is a legend. Absolutely takes no shit, able to make hard decisions and doesnt come across as used car salesman like most CEOs. I watched him give an interview on the footy show and he came across as a total professional, passionate about football, had a lot of integrity and very smart. From wooden spooners, they went to 2nd in the regular season the following year. Pretty impressive given all the talent they had lost and the only key signing was an ageing Brett Kimmorley.

also Ennis, Hannant, Stagg and Eastwood, J Morris, Gordon and Goodwin too.

Latest posts