What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible NSW Origin Line-ups

lockyno1

Post Whore
Phillips said:
there is room now since Tahu has signed for union...

that halves combination will get torn apart by Lockyer/Thurston

1. Minichiello
2. Hayne
3. King
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Lyon
7. Mullen

Minichello, yes granted.

HAYNE- Lets see how he goes, I would say he is 1 season short of being in the SOO side.

King- yes but on the wing.

Cooper- a given

Grothe- yes, and I forgot him my oppologies.

Lyon- he won't be playing 5/8th for Manly and you want him NSW 5/8th. He'll get dead set murdered there by Lockyer and Thurston. Holdsworth at least will be playing 5/8th!

Mullen- yes and he'd be the 7 I would pick.

Phillips

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Lyon- he won't be playing 5/8th for Manly and you want him NSW 5/8th. He'll get dead set murdered there by Lockyer and Thurston. Holdsworth at least will be playing 5/8th!

Lyon is class (whether it be him playing at centre or 5/8th)

Holdsworth is not, he would struggle to make the city/country team although... now the selections for those teams are quite a joke itself..

lockyno1

Post Whore
Phillips said:
Lyon is class (whether it be him playing at centre or 5/8th)

Holdsworth is not, he would struggle to make the city/country team although... now the selections for those teams are quite a joke itself..

You had a centre playing 5/8th last year...now come on remind me how that went. It just flat out doesn't work. You don't move a great centre to 5/8th for the sake of it. Holdsworth is a awesome 5/8th and will be well in contention for the NSW 5/8th spot. Adam Dykes is a roughie.

Phillips

Referee
lockyno1 said:
You had a centre playing 5/8th last year...now come on remind me how that went. It just flat out doesn't work. You don't move a great centre to 5/8th for the sake of it. Holdsworth is a awesome 5/8th and will be well in contention for the NSW 5/8th spot. Adam Dykes is a roughie.

Mark Gasnier isnt on the same level as Jamie Lyon and he never will be

lockyno1

Post Whore
Collingwood Storm said:
Ryan Hoffman will play SOO this year.....the kid is an absolute star and can play in the 2nd row and in the centres

He will probally play off the bench. O'donnell, Hindmarsh and Mason will be the 11, 12, 13.

Lyon played 2-3 games at 5/8 for St Helens in his stint there, and it wasn't much of a suprise that his game kicked up a notch (and manlys for that matter) when travis burns was moved to 5/8 and Lyon to the centres.

He has no kicking game, no organisational skills, stick any good ball running centre and 5/8 and itd be the same as sticking Lyon there.

1.Hodgson
2. King
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Grothe/Tahu
6. Mullen
7. Hornby

icewind

Juniors
definitely agree there. id say he has a better than even chance of getting that spot too if he keeps his form up.

Matt23

Staff member
I think we can safely say that there is now a big red line through Timana Tahu's name

Dazzat

First Grade
There's a show called "Australia's Got Talent" on Channel 7 Saturday night. I hear the NSW selectors are watching, hoping they see someone capable of playing half and 5/8.

icewind

Juniors
1. Minichiello
2. King
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Mullen
7. Hornby
8. Bailey
9. Buderus/Farah
10.Kite
11. Hindmarsh
12. Mason
13. O'Donnell

14. O'Meley
15. Young
16. Creagh
17. Tupou

Frederick

Staff member
icewind said:
1. Minichiello
2. King
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Mullen
7. Hornby
8. Bailey
9. Buderus/Farah
10.Kite
11. Hindmarsh
12. Mason
13. O'Donnell

14. O'Meley
15. Young
16. Creagh
17. Tupou
Swap in Steve Simpson for Dean Young, and that's a good team :)

Bicey_18

Bench
gregstar said:
1. kermit the frog
2. larry hagman
3. art garfunkel
4. brick tamland
5. oompaloompa #3
6. bing crosby
7. david oldfield
8. neddie seagoon
9. catweasel
10. karl hungus
11. one of the knights of ni
12. extra #2 "man panicking in stairwell" of no. 96 episode #4
13. englebert humperdink

14. ralph nadar
15. heinz guderian
16. a shopping trolley with squeaky wheel
17. guy smiley

NSW 3-0.... For Sure

Look at the talent in that side, Kermie will kill it and anyside who has Mr Smiley on the bench has massive depth

icewind

Juniors
yes but i would drop no 11. he plays for the shrubery, not the love of the game. Also, oompaloompa #3 hasn't been the same since he got sacked from his previous club for laundering coco-beans under the harsher management of Charlie Bucket. I personally would have gone with oompa loompa #1, but I may be a bit biased.

Dazzat

First Grade
There's no representation in this NSW team from Space Odyssey or any Bruce Lee movies!! Not good enough!!

Personally I'd like to see the computer from Space Odyssey in at hooker, talking it up during the game, geeing up the players.

Channel Nine reporter Peter Harvey could play fullback, and throw in that guy who used to host "It's Academic" at half back - he seemed pretty smart.

borat

Bench
1. Minichello
2. King
3. Cooper
4. Lyon
5. Grothe
6. Hornby
7. Orford
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Ryles