What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Possible Spoiler* How long?

Red Bear

Referee
does O'Donnell get for that incident? Thought he should've been sent off for that tackle alone, a shocker and genuinely dangerous. Grubby headbutt and punch as well. 5 weeks at least IMO.

Jose93

Juniors
Hopefully 6 months to a year plus a lifetime Origin ban. It was totally disgraceful and one of the worst acts EVER seen in RL.

Paullyboy

Coach
I was hoping justice would be taken out on him on the field to be honest. I would have loved to see him cop a big dirty concussion/broken nose or the like to keep him out for a few weeks.

Being a NSW player though, the judiciary will let him off.

elyod138

Bench
At least 6 weeks.

He has once again let down his Cowboys team mates and the fans.

I hope he isn't re-signed.

Danish

Referee
LOD will get somewhere in the vicinity of 6-8 weeks.

I'd like to know how much the big cat Thaiday will get for his massive knee lift into Gidley's head in the 2nd half.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, what do you charge him with? Dangerous throw + striking + contrary conduct (for the hell of it)

The dangerous throw has got to be a grade 2 at least so theres 3 weeks there.
Striking grade 1, another week
And contrary conduct for the heck of it, another week.

Then you add what ever loading for previous offence, etc etc. Id say 5 or 6 weeks sounds about right to me.

But thats if he is charged with striking which im doubting.

Didgi

:lol: Running at someone is dangerous?

Exactly Elyod, he's let the Cowboys down severley once again.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
That tackle itself was worth 6-7 weeks. I think the only thing that would've made it worse would be a serious injury.

I dont give a rats about the grubby fighting etc, as its origin and its usually let go. But when you put guy in as bad a position as boyd was in you need reprimand.

skeepe

Immortal
Mark my words, that tackle will be referred straight to the judiciary. It was horrendous.

16 weeks, IMO.

3821003.jpg

6 weeks tackle and maybe 6 for the headbutt

stuke

Bench
the tackle was bad, the headbutt not good, but the punch was awesome....all without letting go of Taylor's jumper!

Inferno

Coach
I reckon 3-4 for the tackle, and nothing for the headbutt. Didn't look much different to Hayne's from a week ago. Stupid judiciary didn't have to wait long for this precedent to bite them in the ass.

aussie7798

First Grade
that tackle has to be grade 4 or 5 at a min so that is 725 or 925 points plus whatever the extra for his poor record so i would think it will be 10 weeks at the very least without the other incidents even being considered, unlikely to play agian this year and possibly his last for the cowboys

juanfarkall

Coach
I reckon 3-4 for the tackle, and nothing for the headbutt. Didn't look much different to Hayne's from a week ago. Stupid judiciary didn't have to wait long for this precedent to bite them in the ass.

The ABC call made a few comments that there would be nothing for the Butt on the basis that they are no longer illegal.

Charlie124

First Grade
NSW players dont get suspended for headbutting so he'll be fine there but he should be looking at 5 - 6 weeks for the tackle. I'd be disappointed to see him get further punishment for the punch though, its just origin footy.

Latest posts