What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Tongan and Somoan teams?

southsman

Juniors
Lets start a database of possible Somoan and Tongan Reps.
I know there's heaps in the leagues these days .
Can anyone helP ?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Here's a list of players who are currently playing or have played with Tongan and Samoan heritage.

Samoa
Iafeta Pa'alesnia
Willie Poching
Motu Tony
Simon Geros
Monty Betham
David Solomona
Mark Leafa
Henry Fafilli
Fred Petersen
Laloa Milford
James Langaloa

Tonga
Lipina Kaufusi
Antonio Kaufusi
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Epalahame Lauaki
Willie Manu
Brent Kite
Mal Kaufusi
Solomon Haumono
Tevita Vaikona
Fifita Maola

hutch

First Grade
dimitri said:
the problem is most end up playing for aus and nz

and rightly so as this is where they are born and raised. how about we have a list of those who are eligable for tonga and samoa, who havnt played for aus or nz yet, and have the choice to decide who they wish to play for. not ring ins such as brent kite, mason etc who always appear on these samoa/tonga posts because they have an islander grandparent.

just a question to anybody that knows, the tongan side that played canberra in a trial last year, and went very well against them, was it a team of entirely locals from the tongan national comp, or were there a few tongan ex-pats included. from all reports they were quite a talented team.

southsman

Juniors
I say scrap the grand parent rule... To many true blue aussies line up in these teams.

Is this on the agenda for the RLIF ???

carlnz

Bench
Well Mason played for tonga first!! I have no problem with the grandparent rule..the ONE COUNTRY ONLY! you play for tonga then you can only play for tonga

Big Bunny

Juniors
hutch said:
just a question to anybody that knows, the tongan side that played canberra in a trial last year, and went very well against them, was it a team of entirely locals from the tongan national comp, or were there a few tongan ex-pats included. from all reports they were quite a talented team.

All locals.

Corbin

Juniors
Sorry to bring this up from the dead, put i thought i'd add, that Richard Parker (PL tigers Prop) has samoan background and Bulldogs halve in PL who from what I hear is the nephew of Earl Va'a the former Samoan Rugby Union Flyhalf

BatiFan

Juniors
Corbin, who is the player from the Bulldogs? They have Filinga Filiga and Paoa Faamita, is it one of them that is related to Earl Vaá?

BatiFan

Juniors
Thanks Corbin. I too hope Karawana keeps improving and can become a real talent in the NRL and eventually for the Kiwis.

Corbin

Juniors
BatiFan said:
Thanks Corbin. I too hope Karawana keeps improving and can become a real talent in the NRL and eventually for the .

Na, ah ah no way, Karawana should be made to play for Samoa imo ;-)

hutch

First Grade
Corbin said:
Na, ah ah no way, Karawana should be made to play for Samoa imo ;-)

why, where was he born, where did he grow up, learn to play rugby league etc. he may have a samoan background but that isnt enough to 'make him' play for samoa.
i havnt heard of the kid before.

Latest posts