What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POST GAME DISCUSSION 2019 Rd13 - Eels 22 v Sharks 42

TheParraboy

Staff member
Losing Gutho was huge, though dumb kicking on all fronts cost us big in the first half
not kicking out on the full from a penalty, kicking too hard in goal a few times, kicking on 3rd tackle etc...

Hope Gutho and Ma'u good to go next week. Nathan Brown a shining light, will be better for the run

I think we will give the showponys a good run next Saturday night. Need to win that and v Canberra in Darwin, then the bye. 6 points next 3 weeks will do us nicely and back in contention

Why are we still doing this? Surely it's proved to be very unpopular. I know you guys put in a lot of effort for no reward so I don't wanna complain but I think the jury is in on this.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Losing Gutho was huge, though dumb kicking on all fronts cost us big in the first half
not kicking out on the full from a penalty, kicking too hard in goal a few times, kicking on 3rd tackle etc...

Hope Gutho and Ma'u good to go next week. Nathan Brown a shining light, will be better for the run

I think we will give the showponys a good run next Saturday night. Need to win that and v Canberra in Darwin, then the bye. 6 points next 3 weeks will do us nicely and back in contention

We were always up against it tonight; losing Gutho was a massive blow.

Moses' kicking game cost us, big time.

But I don't think we can be this poor again.

Kornstar

Coach
Attacking structure compared to kicking well is different, I accept our attack would be a bit off tonight with the reshuffle but Moses kicking game shouldn’t have been affected.

He had plenty of time for most of his kicks and should have been able to kick well. He is always our main kicker taking most of them so tonight was no different.

Moses has been on a hiding to nothing with a poor 6 there since Brown got injured. Moses has been an easy target but at least there was a slight chance the 6 would get the ball for a kick, tonight there was f**king no chance Gower was getting the ball so the Sharks know where to go and pressure him and he responded poorly, there is no doubt about that but to solely put the blame on him for a 42-22 loss is just plain f**king stupid!

I called it before the game, Moses scapegoat.

There was no intensity from us in this game apart from the 3 tries we scored at the end.

Djay

Juniors
Kicking and failure to punish them when we stuck in the arm wrestle is why we lost and why we will continue to lose, happened all year. We stay with them after playing catch up nearly every away game, chances open up and we bomb them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Moses has been on a hiding to nothing with a poor 6 there since Brown got injured. Moses has been an easy target but at least there was a slight chance the 6 would get the ball for a kick, tonight there was f**king no chance Gower was getting the ball so the Sharks know where to go and pressure him and he responded poorly, there is no doubt about that but to solely put the blame on him for a 42-22 loss is just plain f**king stupid!

I called it before the game, Moses scapegoat.

There was no intensity from us in this game apart from the 3 tries we scored at the end.

It's true that he is on a hiding to nothing, but Moses' last tackle options were awful tonight.

He needs a 6 outside him, though.

oldmancraigy

Coach
A) losing Gutho 1st minute was awful for us. Fullbacks control the defence and provide an extra point of attack. No team practices for days on the assumption they will be down a okayer after 1 minute.

B) that Sharks try on half time was big. Took the wind out of our sails on the back of a blatant knock on. Ouch

C) Resiliance!
We got let down by a few blokes not having a dig. Hoffman exposed badly. Will Smith was um ---- what can I even say?

D) Not quite giving up? We leaked points down one edge - but Hoffman at C defensively and Smith organising behind - to be expected... To their credit most of the guys had a dig and tried to make it almost respectable.

E) Next week?
6. Salmon

Noise

Coach
Or, you could just discuss your match thoughts in this thread, which everyone will do ?
I'm really not sure what the problem is?

The problem is you are trying to quote from the previous thread and then you have to move it here. It's a pain in the arse switching between 2 threads.

There is no need for this thread

eels_fan

First Grade
Losing Gutho with nothing but forwards on the bench killed us.

Will Smith is a shit first grader.

Gower is all heart but not a 5/8.

Why we waited for the final 20 to start being expansive and trying things I don’t know. It should have started the second half that way.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why the f**k do we need another thread to say how pathetic this club is??

Spread the misery. Watched the game with a bunch of people. They think it is hilarious that we extended a bum of a coach who has won and achieved nothing. People from Brisbane with no idea have more of an idea than the spastics who run this rabble of a club. The fans deserve better. But it’s all our fault if you listen to certain know it all fuxkwits who shift blame from anyone who makes decisions at the biggest joke in RL.

Pazza

First Grade

We lack those competitive players who lead through effort. N Brown is definately one but there ain't many in this team.

That try by Flanagan, as soon as Paulo dropped it every Parra player stopped and the sharks punished us for it.

Latest posts