What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POST GAME DISCUSSION 2019 Rd13 - Eels 22 v Sharks 42

Djay

Juniors
To be fair Gronk, I can understand why people go into fits of rage. I quite understand why posters go through those emotions and express their dismay on this forum.
32 years with no Premiership success is just a start.
Just over half a dozen years ago, nearly everyone was dismayed at our constant turnover of coaches. Why? Due to our lack of success and the disruption, and constant rebuilding of the playing roster.
Everyone was calling for stability in management due to the way it was affecting the players and coaching staff.

Well, we've had more stability in senior/club management in the past 3 years. We're now into the 6th year of our current coach. Yet, I just can't see how we have become a better club.
We are making the same mistakes year after year. We have not improved the club's mentality on the playing field. With our away record, there wouldn't be ONE NRL team that is afraid to play us at their home. It's disgusting.

I admire your positivity, but really, we have gone no where for so long now. Do you really blame fans for being frustrated with that?
Hineyrulz makes plenty of fair points, yet they are disregarded and seen as perennial whinging. Plenty of others make the same points. Wrist slitting posts. A lot of them make valid points also.

I see our fans in 3 categories (and probably no different to any other club's fans).

1. Those that want success. Won't tolerate such an extended spell of failure. Will speak their mind when things are shit. Will always support the club loyally. Will be brutal in their appraisal of our poor perfomances.

2. Those that will support the club continually regardless, also through loyalty, and be forever positive and upbeat and optimistic.

3. Fence sitters.

I see value in all of these. It's healthy for debate. No one is either right or wrong.

I'm one of those fence sitters at the moment. I want to support BA, I really do, but the shit we have dished up over the past 5 weeks is really tearing at my opinion. 6 years he's had to right this ship. It's just not good enough that the basics of the game still seem beyond us. Pride in the jersey is still beyond us. Toughing things out when we are struggling is really beyond us. Winning away is beyond us. Basic fundamentals of game day play are really beyond us.

Finally, this season was the greatest opportunity to rebuild our brand we have had since 1986. The new stadium was the chance to use further increased membership and build towards success. We just seem to be going down the same old path. I don't know what BA has to do to turn this around, but if he doesn't do it soon, it's a massively wasted opportunity. I've seen too many wooden spoons in recent years for my liking, and I for one are just not going to sit here forever and defend him, or the club.
Perfect post.

Sums it up well.

I share the same views, it has been 6 years and when you look at the start of BA's tenure to today, what has really changed? Nothing. What do we have to show for it? a straight sets knock out in the semis of 2017.

The excuses have finally worn thin, he has had more then enough time and opportunity to build the team and squad he wants. We have a ridiculous amount of plodders not to mention the amount of wasted talent, waste of money signings we have gone through to get here.

Many like myself have defended BA to the death but he is giving us nothing anymore, he hasn't shown anything to suggest he is going to change the direction this club is headed. We have a huge mental and cultural problem, we are struggling to attract the right players and when we do they go backwards, we haven't been winning the ruck for over 10 years, we get ambushed nearly every away game. These are just some of the issues that have been present well before BA's time here and they are still at large within the club, if not larger. And the excuse he has not had enough time time to fix it, doesn't cut it anymore.

A prime example was the fact and many other Eels fans I know were not even excited or happy with our win against Souths last week, because anyone in there right mind knew we were going to get embarrassed a week later against Cronulla. I felt like that in 2013, 6 years on I feel it just as bad, if not worse. That is on BA.

32 years without a premiership, and we don't even look like we are chiseling away at it, not even remotely. We took 10 massive steps forward in 2017 and took 20 steps back in 2018, we aren't consistently making the 8, nothing there does not seem to be any light at the end of this very dark tunnel.

Suitman

Post Whore
I’m all for healthy debate. When we are on a hole, there is lots to talk about.

I get down when we lose as much as anyone. So when posters go after my club in disrespectful way, my instinct is to defend the club. That’s who I am.

I understand that mate, and as I said, I respect your view as to how the club is progressing as much as anyone's. And tbh, I truly don't think anyone has been disrespectful towards our club. They are shitty and frustrated. Just because Hineyrulz thinks the coach is shit, I don't think there is reason for you to criticize him for that, and the same goes likewise from Hineyrulz re your opinions.

TPB stated that any debate is healthy debate. It's true.
It's a shame that it has become such a shit fight. You have been just as guilty as the rest, despite your more calmer approach. Hiney has as well despite his outspoken approach.

We all want what is best for the club. We all just see different ways to get there.
You might be a n*T hugg8r, and Hiney might be a death rider. There's nothing wrong with either.
And there's f**king NOTHING WRONG WITH FENCE SITTERS either. :)

Last edited:

Eelogical

Referee
Beat showponys next Saturday at home

then week off due to rep round, rest will suit us since we are going to Darwin

Beat Raiders in Darwin (as hard as it will be)

then the bye

brings up right back in the fold

Of course losing our next two matches we are totally ratshitted and will struggle not to be in the bottom 4
To be honest, well struggle to beat either team. I really don't like saying that but it's highly likely to be the case. Broncos were busted farts a few weeks ago, not so much now. The Raiders will be salivating playing us again. Home ground in crocodile territory............lmao.

Latest posts