What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v panthers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would have thought that Salmon would have been worth a shot in the centres, tbh.

Tbh, our bench was woeful - Taka, I thought, added some spark, and Gower was excellent, but Alvaro and Terepo were ineffective.

Alvaro defended well, but was a wasted hit-up every time, and Terepo is just awful.

Ferguson tried hard, but his awful handling, and brain explosions, were not good...

Ultimately, though, our 6 and 7 were the worst players on the field.

Smith did some good things, and many bad - he played to what is expected from him, imo.

But Moses...playing for a contract, wanting to be the man...he was utter garbage, I thought.

Mind you, there were plenty of others out there who were terrible, too.

I'm tired of insipid performances.

When we beat the Dogs, we showed heart.

When we beat the Dragons, we showed heart.

We defended like demons against the Raiders.

We even showed ticker to almost make a real game of it against Newcastle.

But the last three weeks have been totally unacceptable, imo.

I don't know.
There was no problem with the effort tonight, from either team. Both teams were pretty shit though.

Last week I thought both teams played well.

Sphagnum

Coach
Tbf we are missing the brown boys a lot. They were both playing well and salmon was doing a good job at 14. Getting them back means we hopefully won't have to see terepo and moeroa anymore.

Incorrect

Coach
Panthers played the conditions better. Before kick off, commentators were saying it was perfect conditions, no dew... But it became very slippery very quickly and we didn't adjust. We were playing expansive arvo footy like the last 2 times we played there. And we kept dropping the pill. Panthers dropped plenty too but they kept playing the middle third, not throwing 20 metre passes from dummy half... Tells me we haven't trained at that ground under lights and at this time of day. We looked like giraffes on ice skates out there....

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
The timing of recent signings could not have been worse. Reward for mediocrity. Not sure Moses is the answer, I have not seen him show ticker against adversity. Taka is worthless. W Smith?
Decent halves would have won this for Parra.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well that is one of the most disgusting performances tonight.

Penrith can count themselves lucky that we were just awful.

To drop the ball that many times early in the second half is not even first grade standard.

Once again its their p1ss attitude tonight just like against Knights and Storm but even in those games they dropped less ball.

I don't know how theyre going to beat any team with that performance let alone Souths.

I'm filthy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At least Gower and Hoffman has digs tonight.

Hard nosed professionals, Guth and Moses could learn a thing or two of them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fargo not a centre.

Why did Mahoney pass the ball so deep every play??? All game Penrith rush up he should be taught to take a few steps when that happens then pass or run.
Inexperience. It's a massive problem for our team. Our captain has played fewer than 80 games ffs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Inexperience. It's a massive problem for our team. Our captain has played fewer than 80 games ffs.
And Penriths wasn’t??

Their spine has played f**k all football.

You could of blamed the fact we played a strong team who spends a lot more on there team than us.