What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post-highschool

mullet

Juniors
finished high school 2 yrs ago, went straight in to studying criminology at uni currtently in my 2 yr -good times

les norton

First Grade
Never graduated high school-:oops:

went over seas, came back, went to tafe, had a son, got into uni and I am now doing my honours in psychological science.

choc_soldier

Coach
Finished school in 1997, went straight to uni, firstly studying an education degree (didn't finish it), and then a town planning degree. Graduated last year, and have been in the profession for around 12 months, working in Local Government.

fosie

Juniors
In yr 10 and our schools been giving us crap loads of information about tertiary studies. It's confusing, i know i wanna go to uni possibly doing something in health sciences or media. I don't want a boring job. I'm actually quite scared that i'll get into a job that i hate.

Feez_Giggles

Bench
I hate the way teachers and schools pressure students, as if they aren't under enough stress with growing up and the concept of life ahead, they tell you that school is soooooo important and so this and so that. I got lazy in gr 12 once i found out I only had to pass it to get into my massage course so I did crap all, passed, got a horrid OP score and went about my way. One year after high school finishes, no one gives a toss about it! Thing is, there are so many options! If you dont like what your doing, you can do something else. If you dont like you job, you can do something else. The world is so full of opportunities, most of them, people dont even realise are there! And its never too late to change your mind!

Just chill, cruise with it and stay true to yourself

Knightmare

Coach
I did TAFE last year, then moved up here to the Gold Coast to start Uni this year. I like Uni better than TAFE I must say, even if the workload seems greater. I agree with you Feez, if I could have my time again I wouldn't have taken Year 12 so seriously. The only reason I did was because I wanted to prove myself. Good times, still.

MONY

Juniors
i started year 7 like a little nerd then stop trying gradually as the years went on so by the time i finished year 12 i didnt give a stuff..... i did health in yr 12 and there was about 8 guys and 8 girls in my class. us guys only went to class 1 day a week and the other 4 days we kicked a footy around. when we did go to class the guys sat on one side and talked sport and the teacher stood between the two sexes and taught the girls :). yr 12 is such a bludge as doesnt mean anything unless you want to go to uni.

Earl

Coach
I did my HSC in 2003, sat around for a while working part time (5 - 6 days a week). then got an Apprenticeship as a Builder.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm trying to figure out a way if I don't get into Uni, how I would get into physiotherapy as a 'sports scientist'

Feez_Giggles

Bench
you can do a massage course immy, if i did my course for another year i could have been a sports therapist, then you could do another course on more sports like stuff maybe, its be pi$$ easy to get a job if you did a sports therapy course though, and its only 2 years

and massage school is awesome, we have to learn on each other so we all just got naked it class and massaged, it was hilarious

White Poiner

Coach
Im in year 11 and dont know what i wanna do. I am interested in doing anything in sport preferably league. Any suggestions?

Sir Biffo

Bench
Finished high school in 2002, got an OP 3 and graduate this year with a bachelor of commerce. When I finish I intend on working at KMart for another 8-9 months then going travelling and thinking about working when I come back.

Latest posts