What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

post-Thurston era Cowboys

grouch

First Grade
I reckon put josh at lock. Coops and jt in the backrow and send hess out to raise hell in the middle instead of bludging on the edges to lesson the blow when jt comes off
Surely not. Huge mistake to move Taumalolo

Hawkins

Juniors
Ben Barba Signing Bonus

I4qGw.jpg

Bump, and not the kinda bump Ben usually does.

grouch

First Grade
Cowboys fans here... what are your thoughts on moving Kyle Feldt to fullback? Is this discussed as an option at all? He's a skilful player, has a useful long kicking game, and I'm sure he filled in there once or twice and did a decent job of it. Allows Kahu or Gideon-Mosby to play on the wing.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
You want a bloke with Kyle's aerial abilities on the wing to kick to in the attacking zone. He is also never really played as a player with is part of the fullback role these days

beave

Coach
Cowboys fans here... what are your thoughts on moving Kyle Feldt to fullback? Is this discussed as an option at all? He's a skilful player, has a useful long kicking game, and I'm sure he filled in there once or twice and did a decent job of it. Allows Kahu or Gideon-Mosby to play on the wing.

this is my solution. He’s got enough pace to be a threat there, he’s a bigger body so he should be able to get us on the front foot at the start of each set. He filled in for 1/3 of a game when Morgo went down against NZ i think? He threw a massive cut out for a try, has a huge boot on him, it’s a no brainer for mine.

GGM can come in on Feldts wing. At least we then have 2 differing styles of winger between him and Nene.

Vee

First Grade
No. Definitely not.

I've seen nothing to indicate he's anything more than a FG winger with a few handy skills.

elyod138

Bench
Yeah, Cowboys fans have discussed Feldt as a fullback option and many of us think he could be good there.

The more involvement he has the better the team will be. Looked very good in the small stint he had at fullback last year.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Kahu will go well at fullback, maybe even Hampton (who was one of our best last season and gives us an extra ball player at the back).

Martin to the bench for Clifford, and Greeny needs to put a rocket up Granville whose dummy half service left a lot to be desired last year.

My prediction is top 4 regular season and premiership #2

elyod138

Bench
Kahu and Hampton aren't exactly James Roberts though
Hampton is very fast. I'd have TMM over him at fullback though, he has a more balanced game for mine.

Kahu deserves a shot, he's done well there in the past and it's his preferred position.

Last edited: