What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

post your messages to the melbourne storm here....

_Johnsy

Referee
he is, what if your players had been concentrating on the game at hand not pissing the night away and allegedly using other susbstances a week before the biggest game of their season ?

what it what if what if
what it what if what if
what it what if what if
what it what if what if

badav

Bench
Can't believe I am saying this..but rugby league was the winner. The team that was less grubby won which was good. All the Storm wanted to do was grapple all night..why did Ashton Simms have to be a useless turd..we would have had a chance!

I can confidently say that Manly would have beaten any team in the comp that they would have faced today.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I don't like rubbing a grand final loss in fan's faces, so I'll give the following message.

Dear Melbourne
Bad luck, but you were beaten by a better team on the night. Best of luck in season 09 with your new look side.
Marshall Magic.
See, normally I'd agree with you. However, when half to three-quarters of their fanbase (on these forums at least) carry on like arrogant turds, its incredibly difficult to try and be nice to them.

So I'll say this:

Dear Melbourne,

Congratulations on being on the end of the 40-0 drubbing last night and in doing so, receiving the award for the biggest loss in grand final history. Couldn't have happened to a better side.

Yes, everyone is against you and thank you so very much for that entertainment you served up last night.

Cheers,
JD.

See, normally I'd agree with you. However, when half to three-quarters of their fanbase (on these forums at least) carry on like arrogant turds, its incredibly difficult to try and be nice to them.

So I'll say this:

Dear Melbourne,

Congratulations on being on the end of the 40-0 drubbing last night and in doing so, receiving the award for the biggest loss in grand final history. Couldn't have happened to a better side.

Yes, everyone is against you and thank you so very much for that entertainment you served up last night.

Cheers,
JD.
Seconded:D:D:D

Charlie124

First Grade
And another thing, i think its a bit arrogant to just assume you would breeze past the sharks and into the GF, you cant assume they would have played the exact same game against you as they did against the storm

maccattack

Juniors
Dear Storm

Well done on a great effort. We all know that Manly didn't beat you, the media did. Manly know in thier heart and soul that they could never have done it on their own. They know they didnt play a full strength Storm side and that the result may well have been very different if they had.

The NRL have a lot to answer for. They have let the entire rugby league community down with the suspension of Cameron Smith. Fans want to see the best against the best. If they were serious about grapple tackles they should have acted at the start of the season. NOT during the finals and not just against the Storm.

If I were a manly supporter I too would feel a little hollow. You want your team to win the GF but you also want them to do it against full strength opposition. That didn't happen.

Still you have proven beyond doubt that you are a team of true champions by making it to a Grand Final against so many odds.

Well done. Hold your heads high and ignore the nay sayers.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Dear Storm

Well done on a great effort. We all know that Manly didn't beat you, the media did. Manly know in thier heart and soul that they could never have done it on their own. They know they didnt play a full strength Storm side and that the result may well have been very different if they had.

The NRL have a lot to answer for. They have let the entire rugby league community down with the suspension of Cameron Smith. Fans want to see the best against the best. If they were serious about grapple tackles they should have acted at the start of the season. NOT during the finals and not just against the Storm.

If I were a manly supporter I too would feel a little hollow. You want your team to win the GF but you also want them to do it against full strength opposition. That didn't happen.

Still you have proven beyond doubt that you are a team of true champions by making it to a Grand Final against so many odds.

Well done. Hold your heads high and ignore the nay sayers.

dude please dont post dribble like that or please tell me its a piss take.
We were beaten fair and square by a much better team on the day and thats all there is to it. Everyone of the players that pulled on a storm jersey that day would tell you the same.

I don't agree with all the things that went on in the media but at the end of the day the game is played on the field where nothing else matters.

fat joe

Juniors
Dear Storm

The NRL should have acted earlier? I believe Cameron Smith had carry over points from the same offence in round 2, did he not? So he can't say he wasn't warned.

And I agree, Smith might have made a difference, it might have been 32-6 instead of 40-0, but what's a couple of points in a GF?