What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

post your messages to the melbourne storm here....

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
I am pretty sure that 'hollow' is the last thing Manly fans are feeling right now. They finish 2008 with the largest victory ever in a Grand Final, the first shut out in 30 years, the best defensive record for a finals series, and having beaten the 'other' form team of the finals in the Warriors and the minor premiers in the Storm.

Smith was ineffective against the Warriors and hardly at his best against the Broncos. I doubt very much he'd have made much of a difference against Manly.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dear Storm

Well done on a great effort. We all know that Manly didn't beat you, the media did. Manly know in thier heart and soul that they could never have done it on their own. They know they didnt play a full strength Storm side and that the result may well have been very different if they had.

The NRL have a lot to answer for. They have let the entire rugby league community down with the suspension of Cameron Smith. Fans want to see the best against the best. If they were serious about grapple tackles they should have acted at the start of the season. NOT during the finals and not just against the Storm.

If I were a manly supporter I too would feel a little hollow. You want your team to win the GF but you also want them to do it against full strength opposition. That didn't happen.

Still you have proven beyond doubt that you are a team of true champions by making it to a Grand Final against so many odds.

Well done. Hold your heads high and ignore the nay sayers.
:lol:

:lol:

.... Oh sh*t. You're serious :lol:!!!!!

Jono1987

Juniors
Dear Waldron, Bellamy, Smith, Slater and Crocker...get f**ked couldn't have happened to better people.

Dear Inglis, I'm going to enjoy watching you become the new Gasnier. Have 1 good game every 20 and still be rated as the very best. Sure you're more talented than Gaz but oh so similiar.

Ram Man

Juniors
Dear Storm

Well done on a great effort. We all know that Manly didn't beat you, the media did. Manly know in thier heart and soul that they could never have done it on their own. They know they didnt play a full strength Storm side and that the result may well have been very different if they had.

The NRL have a lot to answer for. They have let the entire rugby league community down with the suspension of Cameron Smith. Fans want to see the best against the best. If they were serious about grapple tackles they should have acted at the start of the season. NOT during the finals and not just against the Storm.

If I were a manly supporter I too would feel a little hollow. You want your team to win the GF but you also want them to do it against full strength opposition. That didn't happen.

Still you have proven beyond doubt that you are a team of true champions by making it to a Grand Final against so many odds.

Well done. Hold your heads high and ignore the nay sayers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a load of bull$hit....:lol:

If Smith didnt plead guilty in Round 2 for a GRAPPLE then he wouldnt have accrued any carry over points hence he wouldnt missed the Grand Final, but like you said the NRL should have dealt with the GRAPPLE earlier in the season...oh wait...

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Dear Storm,

I remember all too vividly the feeling of copping a grand final shellacking, so i can't take too much pleasure in your suffering. Rather i'll take pleasure in the spirit and character the mighty Sea Eagles showed in overcoming the disappointment of last season. Good luck trying to do the same.

And, like Rockin' Ronny's 'Manly Myth' thread, remember which thread to bump this time next year if your boys have managed to do what we did.

And someone please make sure Brian Waldron keeps an open dialogue with the media. His antics over the past few weeks have made for pure comedy gold.

Benno.