What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential signings

willzy91

Juniors
So from what I've been reading lately and suspicious rumours these are the players we are looking at:

Kurt Mann
Cameron Munster
Zeb Taia
Mose Masoe
Russell Packer

The likelihood of us signing or needing them all is unlikely so who are the players you would like to see sign with us and why? The players who would be near definites to come next season would be Packer and Mann from what I can see, with Packer playing lock as he is being groomed to play for the cutters and Mann to in the centres with mata'utai moving to the wing.

mmap dragons

Juniors
So from what I've been reading lately and suspicious rumours these are the players we are looking at:

Kurt Mann
Cameron Munster
Zeb Taia
Mose Masoe
Russell Packer

The likelihood of us signing or needing them all is unlikely so who are the players you would like to see sign with us and why? The players who would be near definites to come next season would be Packer and Mann from what I can see, with Packer playing lock as he is being groomed to play for the cutters and Mann to in the centres with mata'utai moving to the wing.

A few posters on JA with good info have stated previously that Packer is a good chance to play this year but things have gone a bit quiet. Mann still being touted as coming but I'll wait until it's announced officially.

I think speculation with Munster was via a mistake by Dell whom confused him and Mann. I read in the paper Taia was a target yet nothing else being said. As for Masoe, a few bits on social media popping up he may now not be coming to the club. Club apparently talking to a Pommy forward in the ESL.

Something interesting though were comments from Pete M after his re-signing with the club. He indicated "he thinks we're close to a premiership, then added "especially with the players coming onboard next year"

Time will tell I spose.

willzy91

Juniors
A few posters on JA with good info have stated previously that Packer is a good chance to play this year but things have gone a bit quiet. Mann still being touted as coming but I'll wait until it's announced officially.

I think speculation with Munster was via a mistake by Dell whom confused him and Mann. I read in the paper Taia was a target yet nothing else being said. As for Masoe, a few bits on social media popping up he may now not be coming to the club. Club apparently talking to a Pommy forward in the ESL.

Something interesting though were comments from Pete M after his re-signing with the club. He indicated "he thinks we're close to a premiership, then added "especially with the players coming onboard next year"

Time will tell I spose.

Interesting mata'utai says that considering the fact that we haven't officially signed anyone yet, makes me think that the players have been informed of the incoming signings in order to commit them to resign with the club...

mmap dragons

Juniors
Interesting mata'utai says that considering the fact that we haven't officially signed anyone yet, makes me think that the players have been informed of the incoming signings in order to commit them to resign with the club...

Yep. It's also good to see players signing for less than they could have potentially received elsewhere. Shows the players like playing with the joint that may also stem to attracting players.

Future looks good in my books.

V

Vasilevsky

Any big outside backs from the U20s almost ready to step up?

mmap dragons

Juniors
The only outside back I can think of who is close to moving up to the cutters for more experience would be Isaac Thompson, has plenty of size and speed...

I know Benny Hornby has big wraps on Thompson. Big, fast and agile. Hopefully will make the step up. One of the only shining lights in a very poor 20's side this year.

willzy91

Juniors
Any of Pete's brothers by any chance?

Im pretty sure they are all signed up with the knights, but to be honest they haven't come along as much as I thought they would...peter for my mind seems to be the only one really making noticeable improvements in his game.

Kuro

Juniors
Im pretty sure they are all signed up with the knights, but to be honest they haven't come along as much as I thought they would...peter for my mind seems to be the only one really making noticeable improvements in his game.

Yep - Of the lot, we definitely have the best.

giboz71

First Grade
Yep. It's also good to see players signing for less than they could have potentially received elsewhere. Shows the players like playing with the joint that may also stem to attracting players.

Future looks good in my books.

This is the single most positive development to have happened this year and credit must got to Mulholland and Mary for making this happen.

We needed to stop paying overs for players to stay competitive, which got us in the salary cap mess in the first place. If we can supplement our astute resignings by fast tracking a couple more of our juniors on rookie contracts (like Aitken), this will hopefully allow us to pursue some more big names. TPA's will help in this regard as well.

saintm

Juniors
I know Benny Hornby has big wraps on Thompson. Big, fast and agile. Hopefully will make the step up. One of the only shining lights in a very poor 20's side this year.

You obviously have no idea or don't watch much of to twenty's because there is plenty of talent there.