What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-season begins

rabbitohs95

Bench
Good to see some new faces there, even though I couldn't spot them all out.

There's a polynesian guy with cornrows, photo 12, anyone know who he is? Probably some under 20's player.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good to see some new faces there, even though I couldn't spot them all out.

There's a polynesian guy with cornrows, photo 12, anyone know who he is? Probably some under 20's player.

R95 I didn't know many of them tbh. They are mainly U20s players.

I spotted, McInnes, Turner, Auva'a and Oldfield.

You probably know more than that, don't you???? Lol.

rabbitohs95

Bench
R95 I didn't know many of them tbh. They are mainly U20s players.

I spotted, McInnes, Turner, Auva'a and Oldfield.

You probably know more than that, don't you???? Lol.

I spotted those guys, Carter, Musgrove, Liam Coleman, Cody Walker, Angus Crichton and Siosifa Talakai from the 20's. No one else I can think of off the top of my head.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I spotted those guys, Carter, Musgrove, Liam Coleman, Cody Walker, Angus Crichton and Siosifa Talakai from the 20's. No one else I can think of off the top of my head.

I spotted Cody and Carter too. I forgot when I posted, lol.

I didn't spot Musgrove, Coleman, Crichton or Talakai as I don't know what they look like!!!!

t10do

Juniors
Tell you what, a lot of those photos must have been at the START of the session if it was the same session I saw a bit of on Monday. Saw the boys training at AD oval on Monday (when it was nice and warm) and they were doing serious laps. A lot of them looked like they were going to spew. Good old pres-season:D

And yeah, lots of U20s were there.

The Boys are Preparing for 2016… Are You?

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Guy Bevan
Tue 3rd November, 12:24PM
A A

Are you preparing yourself for the 2016 NRL season too? Pre-season training is now underway, and your Rabbitohs need to know you’re with them!
As your men in red and green sweated it out for the first time in their new campaign, the Rabbitohs Membership counter ticked over 15,000 Members, but just like the boys on the field, there’s more work to be done before season kick-off.
“We still have a long way to go in order to reach our 2016 target of 38,000 Members – so keep recruiting!” said Rabbitohs CEO John Lee of the milestone.
“Our Members are the foundation upon which this great Club of ours is built, so your Membership is a very real contribution to who, and what we are.”
So play a real part in the Club’s 2016 campaign and become a Member today!
You can also do your bit by recruiting new Members! Know someone who is Rabbitohs-mad but not a Member yet? Help grow the Family in 2016 for your chance to win by becoming a part of the Rabbit Hunter program.
Were you a Member in 2015? Renew your Membership today and keep up to date with all the pre-season news as the boys get ready for 2016.
Not a Member yet? Stand Above the Rest in 2016! Become a Member NOW!

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/11/03/the_boys_are_prepari.html

Johnston Relishing Pre-season Challenge

Words: Tom Skolarikis I Video: Sunny Brar
Fri 20th November, 01:16PM
A A

Rabbitohs speedster, Alex Johnston, is relishing what will now be his third pre-season at Redfern after making his debut in season 2014.
Sweating it out in this week’s heat, Johnston, alongside his Rabbitohs teammates are wrapping up week three of their pre-season training schedule – a period traditionally designed to challenge players both physically and mentally.
For Johnston – the Club’s 2014 Rookie of the Year, and consistent top try-scorer – the pre-season goal is perpetual improvement.
“I took this season (2015) as an opportunity to build on my first year both individually and as a team, and 2016 is going to be the same,” said Johnston.
“I got the chance to play fullback a few times and got to really find my feet on the wing as well, so that’s definitely helped me grow as a player. The more game-time and experience you have under your belt, the more you can offer.
“But that all starts now, so this pre-season I’m just looking at working on all those things I’ve learnt so far and building on them to get better.”
Johnston first burst onto the NRL scene on ANZAC Day 2014 at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, with the then-little-known winger bagging a try on debut before going on to score 21 tries in 18 appearances – including the first try of the 2014 Grand Final.
His 68 points for season 2015 was only bested by the goal-kicking genius that is Adam Reynolds, with the halfback top-scoring for the side with 111 points. But it wasn’t just points that Johnston would contribute to the Rabbitohs season.
In total, Johnston appeared in 25 matches this year, racking up a total of 2448 metres off 247 runs, while breaking the defensive line on 21 occasions and offloading 13 times.
But all focus has well and truly shifted from those achievements, with pre-season now well under way and the Club’s trial schedule now announced.
The Club’s first outing in 2016 will be to defend their Auckland Nines crown in early February, with pre-season trial matches set to begin on Saturday 13 February, when the 33rd Charity Shield gets underway against traditional rivals, the St George Illawarra Dragons.
The final touches on the pre-season will be finalised on Saturday 20 February, when the Rabbitohs make the road-trip up to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans at Pizzey Park.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/11/20/johnston_relishing_p.html

Clark – Pre-season Building Bonds

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Guy Bevan
Fri 4th December, 03:38PM
A A

Pre-season training isn’t all about building strength, skill and muscle – it’s also about building bonds with teammates according to forward, Jason Clark.
Now into their fifth week of pre-season training, the new-look Rabbitohs squad is well into their preparations for season 2016. For Clark, the all-important bonds that make a team are also well on their way.
“At the end of the day, we’re all mates,” said Clark.
“As a kid you grow up playing footy because you love it and because you get to be with all your mates – that really doesn’t change when you’re in first grade.
“We all enjoy each other’s company and we love what we do, so that can only work for us when it comes time to pull on the boots again.
“For now though, we’re focused on all those little things that we always talk about getting right first.
“Everyone seems to have settled in really well. We have a few new faces in and around the squad and the staff, and everyone’s just fallen in and used the last five weeks to really better themselves and build on their game.
“Now’s the best time to do all that – really get to know all the new boys and start building combinations and relationships that’ll help us when we get out on the field.”
The men in red and green will get their 2016 campaign underway at Allianz Stadium in Round 1 when the game’s oldest and fiercest rivalry re-ignites on Sunday March 6 at 4pm at Allianz Stadium, with the Rabbitohs taking on the Roosters in the first leg of the Ron Coote Cup – the deciding match set to be played at home in Round 6 at ANZ Stadium.
To watch the video from Week 5 of training, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/12/04/clark_pre_season_bui.html

Latest posts