What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-season Challenge vs Pennys Sat 11 Feb @ 6pm | Kayo | Foxtel

84 Baby

Referee
How many forensic pathologists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

I can try and find out but I don’t think I fit in a lightbulb.

Kilkenny

Coach
Didn’t get to the game, baby sitting duties ruled me out.

Had one eye on the hyper active grand daughter and one eye on the game.

Thought it was a pretty fair contest , a lot of mistakes from both sides which was probably to be expected given it was largely second string players and oppressive conditions.

The only thing worth saying if you want my take on the game, which you probably don’t, is you need to re-sign Mitchell Moses. I’m sure you will , he is a must retain.

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn’t get to the game, baby sitting duties ruled me out.

Had one eye on the hyper active grand daughter and one eye on the game.

Thought it was a pretty fair contest , a lot of mistakes from both sides which was probably to be expected given it was largely second string players and oppressive conditions.

The only thing worth saying if you want my take on the game, which you probably don’t, is you need to re-sign Mitchell Moses. I’m sure you will , he is a must retain.

You don't think JA is a hot talent? 😁

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
JA is not NRL standard. He just isn’t.

Not bagging the kid, wish him well, but he just isn’t an NRL player.

The good ones tend to stand out at the lower levels Young JA doesn’t quite hit the mark at the lower level.

It is a given you have to retain Mitchell Moses.
The retention of Moses has nothing to do with our backups. If we lose him there will be plenty of money left to replace him, and since Gutherson and Drown have utility value we can recruit anywhere from fullback to the halves to replace Moses.

Brad Arthur loves a roughy and there's heaps of young fringe NRL players that could become first graders in 2024. Paying far too much for Mitch Moses means we'll have to surround him with more reserve graders than just Jake Arthur, but without the upside.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Well that's good because he is still eligible for Flegg. He has 23 starts in reserve grade (for 10 wins) but only 11 starts in first grade (for 4 wins). Nobody sees him as a first choice NRL half. He is a backup. By comparison Penrith's backup half, Cogger, has 40 NRL starts for 9 wins: a much worse win rate than Arthur. He is also five years older.

the phantom menace

First Grade

The good ones tend to stand out at the lower levels Young JA doesn’t quite hit the mark at the lower level.

Yep, agree.

No amount of selective stats or boredom jibberish changes pure common sense.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don’t f**king pretend anyone’s calling him an NRL player. He has started fewer games than Hayze Perham ffs. Plus we are currently deep in negotiations with a player who will consign him to backup status for years to come. If Arthur was rated any higher than a backup we would be letting Moses walk.

hindy111

Post Whore

Thanks. I agree. Wanted a non bias opinion.

hindy111

Post Whore
Don’t f**king pretend anyone’s calling him an NRL player. He has started fewer games than Hayze Perham ffs. Plus we are currently deep in negotiations with a player who will consign him to backup status for years to come. If Arthur was rated any higher than a backup we would be letting Moses walk.

Still managed a top 30 spot but and we let W.Smoth walk whomis a far better utility and halfback

Gronk

Staff member
On tct, they said yates played a game just prior to the trials in that heat

They said his fitness was v good and so he could play well throughput the trial.

Guth, fitness is bettwr than yates
Yeah he played the Flegg trial, but was forced to play more minutes because Rein got head binned.

Last year he'd play Massey on a Saturday and NSW Cup on Sunday. They are really making sure that he gets plenty of footy.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah he played the Flegg trial, but was forced to play more minutes because Rein got head binned.

Last year he'd play Massey on a Saturday and NSW Cup on Sunday. They are really making sure that he gets plenty of footy.
So if Guth is fitter, 10 min spell at hooker in either half shouldn't affect him if we carry Russell as our 14 and he slots into fb.

Guth loves to run from dummy half and I'm sure he could pass as well.

hindy111

Post Whore
So if Guth is fitter, 10 min spell at hooker in either half shouldn't affect him if we carry Russell as our 14 and he slots into fb.

I've actually thought about Guth and if he would make a good hooker fulltime if we decided we wanted to move him there fulltime in a year or two

Gronk

Staff member

Guth has already played that role, early in Reed's career in that 10 min +/- half time. I'm OK with Russell as a 14, however maybe a forward or utility would be less disruptive.

Latest posts