What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Season Competition 2023

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm afraid I couldn't understand it David.
Hi Nana

Basically each of the 17 clubs will be playing 2 pre-season games starting on Thursday 9/2/23 and ending on 19/2/23. At the end of the competition the club that has the highest amount of points would win the $100,000 prize and if at the end there are two teams tied, then the winner to be decided by the toss of a coin (which to me is stupid - if tied, I think they should share the prize).

For example the aim would be for the Dragons to win both games (against St Helens and Souths), and end up with the maximum points of 30 (12 x 2 for winning each game = 24 points and 3 x 2 = 6 bonus points) and hope that no other team ends up with the maximum points otherwise the coin is tossed to determine the winner - you would need to see the details of the points allocations and bonuses shown in the Foxsports report.

I hope this might help you, if not don't worry, we are not likely to win anyway.

Black Panther

Juniors
Just let the Champions of each League face off, and the rest play trials. The World Club Challenge hasn’t been played for a while, now they decide on a stupid Competition.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just let the Champions of each League face off, and the rest play trials. The World Club Challenge hasn’t been played for a while, now they decide on a stupid Competition.
I certainly do not like the ‘ toss of the coin ‘ idea neither, but at least the money is going to a NRL team .

Anyhow I don’t know what you are whining about Blacky , your blokes have money coming out of their ears at the moment . 😳

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I certainly do not like the ‘ toss of the coin ‘ idea neither, but at least the money is going to a NRL team .

Anyhow I don’t know what you are whining about Blacky , your blokes have money coming out of their ears at the moment . 😳
H K R will be playing 2 games here so what happens if they put a score on us & Penrith does that make them eligible after all they are trial games?

Gareth67

First Grade
H K R will be playing 2 games here so what happens if they put a score on us & Penrith does that make them eligible after all they are trial games?
Well I most sincerely hope that the brains-trust of the NRL has taken that particular situation into account when it comes to paying out the eventual winner - for what it is worth my money is on the Dragons .

And the Dragons are scheduled to play St.Helens - not Hull Kingston Rovers , old timer .

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Well I most sincerely hope that the brains-trust of the NRL has taken that particular situation into account when it comes to paying out the eventual winner - for what it is worth my money is on the Dragons .

And the Dragons are scheduled to play St.Helens - not Hull Kingston Rovers , old timer .
Thanks Gareth I realised that after the post
For some reason I had HKR in my head

Latest posts