What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre Season

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I wonder how are the fitness levels of players this year. I was concerned last year as it seemed some players had lost that hard edged fitness that Hook had instilled in 2018.

BxTom

Bench
I wonder how are the fitness levels of players this year. I was concerned last year as it seemed some players had lost that hard edged fitness that Hook had instilled in 2018.
I am expecting a return to the injury crisis days of past and the fitness drop again.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am expecting a return to the injury crisis days of past and the fitness drop again.

What promts you make such a comment ? Blade you seem to have some knowledge do you agree. I though (as a pleb) the players looked OK on fitness levels.....(I could be very wrong, as I'm only looking at a TV screen)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He’s just being negative for the sake of it

As the hours passed after I wrote that reply. I kinda of thought that may be the case. One of my many personal bug bears in life. Someone comes out with a grand statement and then runs away.

Ah well.

I believe (no proff but I feel it in my waters) that Penrith in 2020 will improve out of sight in all areas, especially in attack........

I will wait impatiently to see if it's true or not.

BxTom

Bench
As the hours passed after I wrote that reply. I kinda of thought that may be the case. One of my many personal bug bears in life. Someone comes out with a grand statement and then runs away.

Ah well.

I believe (no proff but I feel it in my waters) that Penrith in 2020 will improve out of sight in all areas, especially in attack........

I will wait impatiently to see if it's true or not.
Just who are you? Still the thought nazi? So I am answerable to you? I ran away? What a pathetic little life you must lead. Get real and get a life. Contrary to what you think, I am aloud to post my opinions and I am not answerable to a rude self important little Caesar like you.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just who are you? Still the thought nazi? So I am answerable to you? I ran away? What a pathetic little life you must lead. Get real and get a life. Contrary to what you think, I am aloud to post my opinions and I am not answerable to a rude self important little Caesar like you.

Dear.....Undies in a twist eh.........Me think he doeth protest too much.....

Funny how you still haven't answered the question asked......' what lead you to such a conclusion about Penrith' especially in off season without a ball being kicked or played in anger.

betcats

Referee

Funny how you still haven't answered the question asked......' what lead you to such a conclusion about Penrith' especially in off season without a ball being kicked or played in anger.

Cleary he doesn't like having his irrational pessimism questioned.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We are about to find out.

He has been around awhile mainly in lower grades and assisting the Head physio here and at other clubs.

Yes we are.

I was concerned not so much about rehab, but the downturn in player fitness during 2019. I wonder did others feel the same?

Hopefully this off season fitness was ramped up and will show during the season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes we are.

I was concerned not so much about rehab, but the downturn in player fitness during 2019. I wonder did others feel the same?

Hopefully this off season fitness was ramped up and will show during the season.

I do wonder how much was attitude though. We saw plenty of poor attitude under hook not all on the coach. I like to think last year was a wake up all round

BxTom

Bench

The answer? Precedent.

Happy that I've answered you? I know there are small minded people like you that suck up the club propaganda without questioning it - in your case not being capable - but I remember the reports from last year. Look how that turned out - players unfit, no game plan and NO SUCESS.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The answer? Precedent.

Happy that I've answered you? I know there are small minded people like you that suck up the club propaganda without questioning it - in your case not being capable - but I remember the reports from last year. Look how that turned out - players unfit, no game plan and NO SUCESS.

Small minded........go for it....

Suck up to the club propaganda without questioning it ? Did you actually read what I wrote......' I was no so much concerned about rehab but downturn during 2019 in player fitness...'

I think perhaps some lessons in comprehension might be in order.

I do pride myself on the fact when I make statements like yours I am more than willing to explain my rationale for such comments.

Kilkenny

Coach
Guys, guys, guys (and girls) the time to get our knickers in a twist is say Round 4 when we are 0-4. Off season is all about keeping the dream alive even if we are dreaming.

I’m sure there will be plenty of time for bickering and major differences of opinion once the season proper starts to for the mean time we need to chill and hope for another season like 2003. We can only dream!!!!!

Latest posts