What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-workout / Nitric Oxide

Not on the juice mate, just interested to know if anyone uses Nitric Oxide and if they find it beneficial. I got a sample of Jack3d the other day from Mr Supplement and was interested to know other people's thoughts.

The Devil

Bench
Alot of my mates use Jack3d and they love it - gives them more focus and drive for their workouts.

I haven't used Jack3d myself, but I am using a creatine and nitrate blend thats giving me some pretty good gains after a week of use.

Problem is I find the stuff sold in Australia just doesn't hold a candle to the stuff you can get in the US - so I find myself getting most of my supplements from the US (all legal and above board - meets AQIS standards).

Ram Man

Juniors
I had a crack at some 1MR before a trial game 2 weeks ago. I felt like $hit before the game, sick in the guts and a bit tingly.
Once the game started I had a heap of energy and played a stack of minutes (about 65 mins for a front rower...pretty good for me)
Apparently if you take jack3d or 1MR anytime after 4pm and dont destroy yourself in your workout/exercise/game, you will be up the whole night.

DJF

Juniors
1MR & noxipro, don't like the huge dose of caffeine in 1MR though, massive comedown. Don't know why you would use a pre-workout stim for anything cardio related, took jack3d once before training ending up falling over with calf cramps due to the creatine and ended up eventually vomiting from the aftertaste in my mouth.

dogslife

Coach
I'm using Musclepharm Assault at the moment, and getting some pretty good results, significant endurance and focus increases during workouts. If you're savvy you can pick up a tub for $40-50 and that lasts you about 6-8 weeks since you only need to take it pre-workout and not throughout the day

Spot On

Coach
Jack 3D is brilliant. Value for money. Switches you on ready to go no matter what you feel like before hand. However, you don't need three scoops of the stuff. As someone above said it can mess with your sleep. One to two scoops does the job.

Spot On

Coach
Isn't it illegal in Aus now though?

Are you referring to Jack 3D? Not that I know of. Ordered and received a tub only a week ago although I have continually heard it won't remain on the market in Aus for much longer. That was six months ago though.

Dragon

Coach
Ive been using white flood, was good for a couple of weeks got a tingle but now it does nothing for me. Might give noXplode a try

I use purple wraath intra-workout i love that stuff

NSW Cup photos

Juniors
I'm using at the moment a product called Mesomorph by APS....they say to use a full scoop but this stuff is powerfull i use 1/2 a scoop only when i'm really tired....this thing is amazing...taste like crap though....lol

nqcowboy87

Bench
Just wondering if anyone uses them and what they think of them as a supplement for training

guard dogs right dude, take it from me i used to be a personal trainer. i mean before i studied to be a pt i was using no xplode and all that crap, just cause of the shiny labels and the ads magazines shoved in your face. alot of this stuff is just sugar in a shiny packet. a good diet of complex carbohydrates (wholemeal bread & brown rice) protien and lots of vegetables plus additional supplements such as a protien shake to add more protien and carbs and a decent gym program where youre not overowrking or underworking is all you really need. you could try and invest in creatine but some people it works better for than others, i tried it (http://www.musashi.com.au/products/growling-dog, the same one adam mcdougall used which apparently gave him the nickname mad dog) and it seemed to work.