What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict Team v Warriors

borat

Bench
I think everyone should take a pay cut for the good of the club.

Well, now that's out of the way I'm off to chat to the Union boys to see if I screw another 100K out of whichever contract I sign.

drake

First Grade
borat said:
I think everyone should take a pay cut for the good of the club.

Well, now that's out of the way I'm off to chat to the Union boys to see if I screw another 100K out of whichever contract I sign.

Hey!
That's my line buddy!
You're supposed to be dilly dallying and whining about going to England for a better life!

You're the Face, I'm the Shimmy Shimmy Whoosh guy.

G

gorilla

drake said:
Yeah! That's the way! Play for cheap and stay loyal so the club can pay me more to stay loyal.

i have fairly expensive tastes in rope.

borat

Bench
drake said:
Hey!
That's my line buddy!
You're supposed to be dilly dallying and whining about going to England for a better life!

You're the Face, I'm the Shimmy Shimmy Whoosh guy.

Fair point. I suppose I will now announce that I will make a decision shortly on my future for the good of the club, and then hang everyone out to dry for months until I get the dollars I want.

drake

First Grade
borat said:
Fair point. I suppose I will now announce that I will make a decision shortly on my future for the good of the club, and then hang everyone out to dry for months until I get the dollars I want.

Thanks,
I was getting a bit toey there for a minute.

Dakink

Bench
Breaking News

Salary cap rise helps Dragons
By Stuart Honeysett
May 12, 2006

ST George-Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust conceded last night that the proposed salary cap rise to about $4 million would help player retention, but declined to elaborate on what it meant for Test prop Dakink.

His comments came as Dragons' coach Nathan Brown warned that the Australian Rugby Union could still make a play for his man despite formally withdrawing its offer.

Doust was among the chief executives at NRL headquarters yesterday to consider increasing the salary cap from $3.36 million to $3.9 million plus $100,000 for veteran players.

The club bosses agreed in principle and the NRL will meet the Rugby League Professionals Association next week to hopefully sign off on the game's next collective bargaining agreement.

"I'm very, very impressed with the quality of the negotiations from the players' association and the NRL," Doust said last night.
"Increases in salary cap are not to be taken lightly given the economics of the game but if we can get a term agreement I'm pleased by that. As it flows through to player negotiations you've got to say that's positive."

Doust is in the process of putting together an offer for Dakink - it could be about 3pds of Sea Eagle Flesh, 2tonnes of Eel and some live Bronco a season following yesterday's developments - which he hopes to table by next week.

The Australian

The Preacher

First Grade
Dakink, I hope you realise that you will not be allowed to consume any of your contract payment on match eve.
The reason for this, which has been successfully negotiated by my management team, is that I will be sticking my bonce next to your arse, in the second row, and I cant get insurance for injury caused by exposure to "feral" gasses whilst partaking in scrummaging.
Please keep this in mind during your contract talks.

Ribs

Bench
Id be happy enough with match payments Bilambil Jets style... that was winning match fees paid just before the bar opened after the game, that way they generally got it all back....

Dakink

Bench
The Preacher said:
Dakink, I hope you realise that you will not be allowed to consume any of your contract payment on match eve.
The reason for this, which has been successfully negotiated by my management team, is that I will be sticking my bonce next to your arse, in the second row, and I cant get insurance for injury caused by exposure to "feral" gasses whilst partaking in scrummaging.
Please keep this in mind during your contract talks.

I was thinking or reverse packing into the scrums - blow the opposition away!!!

The Preacher

First Grade
Dakink said:
I was thinking or reverse packing into the scrums - blow the opposition away!!!

Wouldn't work against the Scum, they'd just think it was a change in wind direction from the swamp.:D. Totally immune to foul smells. It's Home.

Dakink

Bench
The Preacher said:
Wouldn't work against the Scum, they'd just think it was a change in wind direction from the swamp.:D. Totally immune to foul smells. It's Home.

Mmmm - you have a point there, need to think of some other tactics to throw 'em.

Perhaps parade a full set of false teeth in front of 'em?

The Preacher

First Grade
Dakink said:
Mmmm - you have a point there, need to think of some other tactics to throw 'em.

Perhaps parade a full set of false teeth in front of 'em?

Nah, just tell them that there are more two headed people in the Shire than there are in Tasmania, then hand out mirrors to prove your point.:D

gregstar

Referee
congrats to willow on his 2 tries, borat on rediscovering his form & setting up the victory, r2k for his try on debut, teddy for his goal kicking & nuggles & rexxy for motivating the team so expertly.

it will be hard for me to make any changes for the next game.

oh & congrats to drake & immortal for their impending origin selections!

drake

First Grade
gregstar said:
oh & congrats to drake & immortal for their impending origin selections!
And I didn't even have to play!

This sportstar sh*t is the life for me!

Latest posts