What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the 2010 Ladder

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
8. Ross
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Taylor
12. Burgess
13. Crocker

Looks damn good to me.

eagles4eva

Coach
1. Canterbury
2. Parramatta
3. St George Illawarra
4. Manly
5. Melbourne
6. Newcastle
7. Brisbane
8. Gold Coast
9. Souths
10. Nth Qld
11. Canberra
12. Wests
13. Roosters
14. Penrith
15. Cronulla
16. NZ

Bodsy

Juniors
Whatever Doug, I think he'll be a great player. He has played internationals too. He's a big fella, I don't think too many players are going to startle him.

Doug2234

First Grade
Bodsy read my post again. I never said he wouldnt be a great player. I said give him a year to settle the he will turn it on.

Bodsy

Juniors
I don't know how you can use the reason, Give him a year to settle. Look at Gareth Ellis, he didn't need no time to settle. Neither will Burgess.

Doug2234

First Grade
Gareth Ellis isnt 21!!!!!!!! Burgess is a kid! He is away from family and friends on the other side of the world. This can effect onfield performance until he settles.

But anyways im over this. Sick of talking to a brick wall.

Bodsy

Juniors
So what, Gareth Ellis still has a family and friends over in England who he is missing.

You can't be sure, I hope Burgess just carves up the Chokers when we play you.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
  • Broncos & Titans to slide. Broncos 8th at best, Titans 6th or 7th
  • Tigers and Rabbitohs to improve and at least 1 to make the 8
  • Saints & Dogs & Storm - more of the same
  • Brett Stewart to emulate his Simpsons characters namesake - The Snake will be in jail! Manly will miss the 8 comfortably.
  • Knights, Cowboys could go either way, but I like the Knights out of the two
  • Raiders the BIG improvers - need to win on the road
  • Warriors & Roosters will improve, but not by much in ladder position
  • Sharks and Panthers battling it out for the spoon
  • Parra - The team to beat & by a fair way too.
  1. Eels (19 to 21 wins)
  2. Saints (17 to 19 wins)
  3. Storm (17 to 19 wins)
  4. Dogs (16 to 18 wins)
  5. Rabbitohs (14 to 17 wins)
  6. Titans (14 to 16 wins)
  7. Tigers (14 to 15 wins)
  8. Broncos (12 to 14 wins)
  9. Raiders (12 to 14 wins)
  10. Knights (12 to 14 wins)
  11. Warriors (11 to 13 wins)
  12. Cowboys (10 to 12 wins)
  13. Roosters (8-10 wins)
  14. Eagles (8 to 10 wins)
  15. Panthers (7 to 9 wins)
  16. Sharks (6 to 8 wins)

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
So what, Gareth Ellis still has a family and friends over in England who he is missing.

You can't be sure, I hope Burgess just carves up the Chokers when we play you.

Have a bex and a lie down mate. He's got potential & will make a name for himself. Gareth Ellis has far more life experience & thats all Doug is saying.

Deacon

First Grade
1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Eels
4. Dragons
5. Souths
6. Eagles
7. Bulldogs
8. Tigers
9. Broncos
10. Titans
11. Roosters
12. Sharks
13. Knights
14. Raiders
15. Panthers
16. Warriors

Apey

Staff member
hmm, maybe the ins and outs thread will help a little bit now lol.

1. Storm
It's always hard to tip the Minor Premiers and honestly I could have picked any of the top 4 and worked around that. They have too many stars and have been playing together for a while now, I think they might just take yet another minor premiership.

2. Dragons
Wayne Bennett + would have learned a lot this year. I think they will be consistently good yet again.

3. Bulldogs
Similar to the above two, they have a good nucleus of a side now.

4. Broncos
Room for improvement but I think they will still be a team to beat in 2010.

5. Eels
I'm surprised how everyone's tipping them so highly.. I don't think they'll have the same confidence and motivation they are riding on currently next year, but of course... I could be way off. Has anyone learned anything about this funny game football?

6. Knights
If the Knights can have a bit of luck with injury (aka, don't lose all our props again :\) and stop playing mind games with our halves pairing I think we will make the 8 again.

7. Tigers
Come on.. they have to make it eventually :lol:.. they have the attack, just not the defense.

8. Souths
Like someone else said, they have no excuse. Excellent pack next year. My 'smoky' I s'pose.

9. Raiders
10. Titans
11. Manly
12. Roosters
13. Panthers
14. Sharks
15. Cowboys
16. Warriors

The rest is just a lottery. I'm terrible at picking the bottom half, moreso than the top half.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't know how you can use the reason, Give him a year to settle. Look at Gareth Ellis, he didn't need no time to settle. Neither will Burgess.

But Morley did (due to injuries admittedly)

Every player is different. I would give him a while to get used to the pace and style of play and he'll be fine. Everyone (including the management at the Tigers) was suprised how well and quickly Ellis adapted.

Just because one man can do it, doesnt mean all will. Ellis was a bit older than Burgess. However long it takes him, I'm just really excited to see English blokes coming over and having a red hot dig in the NRL.

(as excited as I am to see Super League on FTA TV - I just wished more Australian fans would watch or it's in danger of not being shown and that sucks)

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Anyone who thinks Souths wont improve from 10th needs their head checked.
They struggled this year with a lack of size and have now one of the biggest packs in the comp.
They can make 2 starting packs with the depth

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Anyone who thinks Souths wont improve from 10th needs their head checked.
They struggled this year with a lack of size and have now one of the biggest packs in the comp.
They can make 2 starting packs with the depth

Having the "name" players guarantees nothing. Just having repuatations doesn't automatically mean you will improve or succeed.

Look no further trhan Parramatta this year - same players started woefully and are now in the GF. Its all about applicationa nad doing the hard stuff.

Souths are guaranteed of nothing. Though, I will admit, I think they WILL improve dramatically. But they do still nod off in games.

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
I am not saying they will make top 4 or even 8 but they came 10th this year only 1 win from the 8 and for people to think they will finish lower than 10th are dreaming.

skeepe

Immortal
8. Ross
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Taylor
12. Burgess
13. Crocker

Looks damn good to me.

Not as good as:

8. Shillington
9. Waddell
10. Tilse
11. Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Harrison
13. Tongue

Now THAT is an awesome forward pack.

Apey

Staff member
I am not saying they will make top 4 or even 8 but they came 10th this year only 1 win from the 8 and for people to think they will finish lower than 10th are dreaming.

I have them for improving but you have to remember they aren't necessarily going to be the only low side to improve..

mongoose

Coach
Next year's comp is anyones to take.

1. Eels
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Bulldogs
5. Titans
6. Cowboys
7. Raiders
8. Broncos

9. Tigers