What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the 2010 Ladder

Red Bear

Referee
St George Illawarra
Parramatta
Melbourne
Newcastle
Canterbury
Souths
Wests
Brisbane

Gold Coast
Manly
Roosters
Nth Qld
Canberra
Penrith
Cronulla Sharks
NZ Warriors

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The biggest thing going for the eels is second year of play under Anderson.

And Peter Sharp is now our assistant coach, the best defence coach in business. Most sides will be better of trying to purchase a try of the eels next year !!!!!

Parraletic

Juniors
1. Parramatta
2. Melbourne
3. Brisbane
4. Tigers
5. Bulldogs
6. Dragons
7. Souths
8. Titans
9. Knights
10. Panthers
11. Manly
12. Roosters
13. Warriors
14. Cowboys
15. Raiders
16. Sharks

Last edited:

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I will only say this much about Souths. A major injury crisis aside, with arguably the best forward pack in the NRL, the leading try creator in the NRL in 2009 and a premiership winning coach, there will be no reason or excuse for Souths not to make the 8, and make it comfortably in 2010.

I think potentially you have a great squad. I'm not sure whether you could losely throw around the best pack label just yet. Unproven NRL props like Burgess need to prove themselves first. Taylor has been inconsistent, and Asotasi is definitely not as impressive as he once was in his bulldog hey day. As for the leading try creator, most teams have one in their bag of tricks. Look at Parra's backline and you'll know what I'm talking about. Having said all this, potentially souths have a team that can push for the top 4. Will be intereting to see what the coach can extract out of this mob.

I'm looking forward to the Parra v Souths clash. Should be one of the season highlights.

Good luck with your team this year. It just may be souths time to shine in 2010!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
1. Parramatta
2. Wests Tigers
3. Canterbury
4. Manly
5. Souths
6. Melbourne
7. Roosters
8. Raiders
9. Knights
10. Panthers
11. Cowboys
12. St.George
13. Warriors
14. Titans
15. Brisbane
16. Sharks

sharkadelic

Juniors
Injuries and off field injuries aside, I see it going something like this. I see the tiggers making a good surge this year and Souths not getting their act together. No reason I can put my finger on. Awesome pack and alot of talent. Sandow just strikes me as too skittish, needs another year.

1. Canterbury
2. Parramatta
3. Melbourne
4. Manly
5. Stains
6. NQ
7. Brisbane
8. Tigers
9. Titans
10. Sharks
11. Souths
12. Raiders
13. warriors
14. Panthers
15. Newcastle
16. Roosters

natheel

Coach
Gareth Ellis isnt 21!!!!!!!! Burgess is a kid! He is away from family and friends on the other side of the world. This can effect onfield performance until he settles.

But anyways im over this. Sick of talking to a brick wall.

id say this is a reason why they signed him to a 4 year deal. ive always thought it would take him a good year to get settled, he will play well next year but nothing spectacular imo

top teams next year:
(no particular order)

Bulldogs - Top 4
Eels - Top 4
Dragons - Top 4
Storm - Top 6 (like this year will sit back during the season probably end up about 5th)
Titans - Top 4/5

Mid Teams (prob make finals but inconsistent)

Tigers
Cowboys
Souths
Broncos

Just outsiders

Knights
Sharks
Roosters
Manly
Warriors

Bottom 2

Panthers
Raiders (unless they do the usual upset a few teams, raiders are the most frustrating team to predict in a preseason ladder)

1.parra
2. canterbury
3.tigers
4.sharks
5.cowboys
6.storm
7.dragons
8. raiders
9.manly
10.warriors
11. roosters
12 rabbits
13. brisbane
14.titans
156. raiders

Chriss

Juniors
1. Melbourne
2. Dragons
3. Bulldogs
4. Souths
5. Broncos
6. Eels
7. Titans
8. Cowboys
9. Panthers
10. Roosters
11. Manly
12. Newcastle
13. Raiders
14. Tigers
15. Sharks
16. Warriors

After the past four years, its hard to go past melbourne, but really - who knows.

Coming from an Avid Roosters Supporter -

Souths with that incredible forward pack should make the 8 pending injuries, but I think also a chance for top four.

Alot of people are putting the Roosters last, if management keeps cutting the sh*t before the start of the season, and with Brian Smith, they won't make the eight - but I don't see them coming last either.

Gaba

First Grade
i have doubts the eels are a top 4 team, cant see them making the top 4 think they will struggle to make the top 8.

they will be like the warriors of this year, people will overrate them

Last edited:
How can anyone even try and predict next years ladder....jeez.. The things we do in the off season...

I agree. It looks silly when so many of these predictions last season had the Sharks and Warriors as contenders and then they disappeared without trace. But to be fair, there's limited entertainment for aussie sports fans at present.

I'll be silly and have a go anyway

1. Bulldogs
2. Melbourne
3. Cronulla
4. Gold Coast
5. Wests Tigers
6. Parramatta
7. Souths
8. Dragons

9. Brisbane
10. Penrith
11. Manly
12. Cowboys
13. Newcastle
14. Warriors
15. Canberra
16. Roosters

Cronulla to beat Bulldogs in the Grand Final

Last edited:

Almo11

Juniors
Too early but if i have to..

1.West Tigers
2.Canterbury Bulldogs
3.Melbourne Storm
4.Canberra Raiders
5.Parramatta Eels
6.Brisbane Broncos
7.North Queensland Cowboys
8.South Sydney Rabbitohs
9.St George Illawarra Dragons
10.Sydney Roosters
11.Newzealand Warriors
12.Newcastle Knights
13.Gold Coast Titans
14.Cronulla Sharks
15.Manly Sea Eagles
16.Penrith Panthers

aussie7798

First Grade
1 Dragons
2 Bulldogs
3 Eels
4 Storm
5 Titans
6 Souths
7 Manly
8 Broncos
9 Tigers
10 Raiders
11 Knights
12 Cowboys
13 Panthers
14 Rorters
15 Warriors
16 Sharks

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
How you know when your team is not even on the radar/not expected to do much:

When 5 - 7 people in the thread don't even put your team the list of 16 and instead make up doubles or introduce new teams such as Stom. :lol:

dogz08

First Grade
i have doubts the eels are a top 4 team, cant see them making the top 4 think they will struggle to make the top 8.

.. What do you think about the Dragons in 2010?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1. St george Illawarra
2. Manly
3. Canterbury
4. Newcastle
5. Melbourne
6. Parramatta
7. Souths
8. Brisbane
9. Gold Coast
10. Wests
11. North QLD
12. Penrith
13. Sydney City
14. Cronulla
15. Canberra
16. NZ

Iafeta

Referee

You know, I don't think people did overrate the Warriors. The fact is, without trying to make excuses, their best young star and an integral member of the playing group psyche was taken from them and never found. I have said it throughout the season that the Warriors seemed to play without focus and more importantly without drive. I have found it hard to critique this year because I don't know how much of the Warriors was down to poor strategy, poor execution, a bit of both, of simply that mentally they were not, and could not, be stable.

I hope no team has to go through what they did, and if I'm being honest, I certainly don't see the Eels fading at any rate. They have a mighty good coach and a few blokes who are genuine gamebreakers.

Iafeta

Referee
It's near impossible to predict anything for next year; too many variables. Even my own mob, safely hedging bets people are largely right that in all probability the Warriors will find 10-15 or so, but even they have massive variables given as my previous post puts it I can't help but think that Sonny Fai's tragic loss destabilised them immensely. Nevertheless, I'll predict them there again, and hope to see the influx of Juniors arise there.

1 St George Illawarra - solid across the paddock, Brett Morris and Jamie Soward have the goods to take the minor premiership
2 Melbourne Storm - they're just very consistent
3 Brisbane Broncos - they're always there or thereabouts aren't they. They've lost Karmichael Hunt and Dave Taylor, but the return of Denan Kemp gives them an extremely pacey backline. I fully expect to stick it down Ivan Cleary's throat time and time again in 2010.
4 Canterbury Bulldogs - a slight drop, Brett Kimmorley is a simple player and he may be worked out a little bit better next year in the Canterbury structure, however I rate them highly again because I believe Ben Roberts will continue to play some individualistic hands of high quality
5 Parramatta Eels - history suggests for Daniel Anderson that after finishing in the grand final, the next year is a slight lull until an epic late run again pulverises high quality opposition
6 South Sydney Rabbitohs - Going to take time to gel, there's a lot of big men but I feel they've also lost something with David Fa'alogo who had that touch of quality in him, Craig Wing also is a massive blow. They're a team that could still finish well outside the 8 based on those losses.
7 Wests Tigers - good recruitment in getting Jason Cayless and a couple of others to the club, if they can land Lote Tuqiri, great season
8 North Queensland Cowboys - too inconsistent for me to tip any higher, but I like the infusion of Shannon Gallant. If I'm being honest I think Matt Bowen has been down on form, and Gallant will be a nice fillup for him

9 Penrith Panthers - The coach is the issue, sadly. Probably a little inexperienced in the halves, although they're both very good players. Petero is a polished pro who will keep them close.
10 Gold Coast Titans - My gut feel, and that is all it is based on, is that a couple of injuries and the Titans could be thin in certain areas. Just a gut feel, nothing more, nothing less
11 Manly Sea Eagles - They rely so much on Brett Stewart that they could be minor premiers, or well down the ladder. Kieran Foran is the other key for them, big big future for him.
12 Newcastle Knights - I worry about them without Brian Smith, I could be totally wrong, but it just seemed he brought a lot of guys in with the world of potential and matured them very quickly. I know they got there for the new bloke, but I wonder if it'll almost become second year syndrome-ish to try and repeat with him
13 Sydney Roosters - much better coach who I would think would instil the discipline and structure they so desperately need. Did a great job at Newcastle. Results won't be instant, but they'll come together well. Warea-Hargreaves is a good, underestimated, pick up.
14 Warriors -
15 Canberra Raiders - I can't work out why I have them down here with the also rans, they're a good club with a good development pathway. Bronson Harrison has become an outstanding player down there. Terry Campese... he sort of over plays his hands a bit, and against teams that don't move up quickly he slices them to shreds but with quicker moving defences in 2009 he got found out a little bit.
16 Cronulla Sharks - The coach is the issue. He's narrow minded and I'd be frustrated with a leader like him.

2010 looks very unpredictable, can't wait.