What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the premiers:

Knightmare

Coach
Granted Pete, the Dragons were in a slump. I mean even Souths managed to give them a towelling!

Since their record drubbing at the hands of the Raiders, the Broncos played the Sharks (enough said, home or away), Penrith (who had just entered their crap end to the season), St George (in the dead centre of a mini-slump) Cowboys (see Penrith, and even then the game was a controversial one with the Broncos just getting the win) before playing the Raiders at Suncorp, when they are easybeats away from home.

Brisbane are the biggest mystery item in the finals for mine.

Big Pete

Referee
The performance the Dragons put in against the Broncos compared to the one they put in against the Rabbits was extremely different. The Dragons still played good footy against the Broncos but couldn't bust them, even when the Broncos had a prop forward in the centres and only used 15 players.

I'd argue Newcastle are bigger mysteries.

They scored a customery 'new coach' win against the Storm who were without Inglis and as flat as a tack at home.

Defeated the Cowboys when Bowen had to go off...at home.

Were defeated by the Raiders comfortably, away.

Then defeated Penrith at home.

Hardly convincing.

Big Pete

Referee
I'd argue and put on my best 06 Wayne Bennett impersonation and ask "Slump, what slump?"

Before the Broncos game they had just been defeated by their bogey side. They didn't play terribly against the Broncos either.

Dazraider

Juniors
Knights have good form against the other teams and are a dark horse i believe.
Dogs without Kimmorly we will have to see this week if they will struggle again.
Dragons look great again but like eels are known chokers.
Melbourne look like coming into form the right time.
Manly same sa melbourne.
Brisbane could come good but i dont think they have the forwards.
Titans strong pack of forwards and halves but weak centers

Gaba

First Grade
its out of dragons,storm and broncos

bulldogs dont have the defence, manly will rely too much on stewart and he isnt a player what can pull something out of nothing, he needs his team to set things up for him.

Keep the manly attackers quiet like lkyons , stewart is useless to manly

Last edited:

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Any game that happened in the regular season doesnt mean nothing now ,the finals are a different kettle of fish ,its about attrition fitness and staying healthy ,i believe there are 7 teams who are still capable of winning it, i cant see Newcastle winning it and i also cant see the dogs winning it if they lose this weekend

Loudstrat

Coach

bulldogs dont have the defence, manly will rely too much on stewart and he isnt a player what can pull something out of nothing, he needs his team to set things up for him.

Rod Stewart, maybe. Brett Stewart IS Manly you twat.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
This is the way I see it panning out:

Week 1

Dragons v Eels
Bulldogs v Knights
Titans v Broncos
Storm v Sea Eagles

Week 2

Sea Eagles v Bulldogs
Knights v Storm

Week 3

Dragons v Storm
Sea Eagles v Titans

GF

Dragons v Sea Eagles.

Some payback for '96 hopefully.

A couple of interesting bits of trivia:

No side has ever had 50 or more points put on them in a match during the regular season and then gone on to win the title.

Easts have won the wooden spoon 4 times before this year. These years were 1949, 1963, 1965, and 1966. Saints were the premiers in each of those years.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I predict Saints.

What, you expected something else from me??

The only people who go into each season without the hope of winning the comp are Cronulla fans.

Sh*t son, you have such a poor understanding of rugby league. Don't you have a Kindergarten class to attend?

Instead of just hoping that the Sea Eagles will fall why don't you come up with valid reasons as to why they don't win. We beat two of the top four teams (Storm and Bulldogs) in tough clashes without Stewart. Our forward pack is the fiercest in the competition on their day and can beat any team into submission.

And you talk about shutting him down as if it's so easy. The guy is one of the best fullbacks going around. On his debut in Origin he was NSW's best player and he has not had a bad game for them in 5 appearances.

Bulldogs don't have the defence? The Storm were the best defensive team in the regular season last year. What did that count for in the grand final? The Bulldogs have great defence and can grind out a win against just about any side.

You failed to point out the Broncos who rely so heavily on Lockyer.

God you talk so much sh*t sometimes.

Last edited:

Doggiesfan09

Juniors

I dont recall the Bulldogs having 41 points point on them once this season , but their defence is not good enough, the broncos have one of the worst defenses in the comp dont they but their defense is good enough, you really do make me laugh, Againts Dogs 428 Manly 459 Broncos 566. The dogs have the third best defense in the comp so i guess only Melbourne and Saints can win it according to your theory

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Sh*t son, you have such a poor understanding of rugby league. Don't you have a Kindergarten class to attend?

Instead of just hoping that the Sea Eagles will fall why don't you come up with valid reasons as to why they don't win. We beat two of the top four teams (Storm and Bulldogs) in tough clashes without Stewart. Our forward pack is the fiercest in the competition on their day and can beat any team into submission.

And you talk about shutting him down as if it's so easy. The guy is one of the best fullbacks going around. On his debut in Origin he was NSW's best player and he has not had a bad game for them in 5 appearances.

Bulldogs don't have the defence? The Storm were the best defensive team in the regular season last year. What did that count for in the grand final? The Bulldogs have awesome defence and can grind out a win against just about any side.

You failed to point out the Broncos who rely so heavily on Lockyer.

God you talk so much sh*t sometimes.

Or the Saints who rely so much on Soward

Gaba has a huge problem. He seems to think that because he supports the Dragons they will be unbeatable.

The guy is a complete f**ktard. I can't believe how someone can be so oblivious to how much sh*t they talk.

Country Bronco

Juniors
From what i can gather. I summarise this.

To beat the saints shutdown soward
To beat the bulldogs shutdown kimmorley
To beat the titans shutdown prince
To beat the storm shutdown slater
To beat manly shutdown stewart
To beat the broncos shutdown lockyer
To beat the eels shutdown hayne
To beat the knights shutdown mullen
This game is so simple to understand.
Why do we have sixteen other players? Is beyond me.

In this forum
To beat pittwater legend shutdown gaba.

cupid

Juniors
From what i can gather. I summarise this.

To beat the saints shutdown soward
To beat the bulldogs shutdown kimmorley
To beat the titans shutdown prince
To beat the storm shutdown slater
To beat manly shutdown stewart
To beat the broncos shutdown lockyer
To beat the eels shutdown hayne
To beat the knights shutdown mullen
This game is so simple to understand.
Why do we have sixteen other players? Is beyond me.

In this forum
To beat pittwater legend shutdown gaba.
This theory is ridiculous, Manly didn't even have Stewart for the whole year, but they were still defeating good teams like Bulldogs, Storm, Broncos, Eels and Knights.

Latest posts