What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the premiers:

Loudstrat

Coach
For mine - it's down to three.

Saints as minor premiers - and being so good against Parra on Friday are one. However all year I have wondered about their mongrel factor - something that was partly dispelled on Friday. If they are down by 8 with 12 to go, can they do it? I'm not so sure - being a likeable club who deserves success never helped Norths.

Canterbury have the mongrel, but don't have Noddy, and let the MP slip at the hands of enthusiasm. They need to beat Newcastle - who throw the ball around like Wests. If they do, Noddy's in for the prelim final. If not, would you back them in week 2 against Parra/Brisbane/Melbourne/Manly? I'm not so sure.

Manly are near full strength at the right time, and with Snake back flogged a genuine contender. I think they are my favorites if I was a betting man, because they have the flair and the mongrel. Their only downside is that they will have to play the best month of footy they have played all year, but maybe they will have their best side too.

Forget the rest.

The Titans haven't got the mongrel. Melbourne are lacking something and they have lost games to other finallists in recent months. Brisbane - lol. With their starting 6 training in Belmore, they haven't got the firepower to match the top sides.

Parra and Newy have a shot at the prelim finals, but that's best case scenario. Full strength Parra have a chance to reverse Friday's result and run back into some sort of form. Newcastle concentrating can beat a Noddyless Canterbury and advance a week. That means teams 4-6 are vulnerable next weekend - Manly, Melbourne and Brisbane. If Melbourne beat Manly at home (they didn't a few weeks ago) the comp will be decided between Saints and the Dogs.

But I still think Manly are most likely.

sando88

Not a Moderator
parra hav bucklys.. dragons exposed em easily and tigers did also (lack finish of dragons)

dragons will make semi- will they choke?
dogs- can win with kimmorely altho defence has many wholes
manly- comin good right time
melb- will take good side to beat them
titans- true underdogs, i fancy them to beat broncos

Eelectrica

Referee
Dragons to win it all.

Not sure the dogs can survive long enough without Kimmorley.

]Titans have done a great job getting this far, but are not ready yet to win the big one. This year is a stepping stone on a path to success though I feel. A little like Melbourne and Manly before them.

Melbourne - Just not what they used to be. I can see them in the prelim

Manly - Definate dark horse.

Broncos- Always a threat with Lockyer, Hunt and Hodges, but I'm not convinced.

Newcastle/Parra might as well enjoy the week, see what happens and enjoy the ride however long it lasts. Not so long ago the thought these teams could even be in the finals was ridiculous.

sando88

Not a Moderator
drags v parra = drags
dogs v newwy = dogs
titans v broncs= tits
melb v manly = melb

then

tits v manly = manly
melb v broncs = melb

then

drags v melb = drag
dogs v manly = manly

GF:

drag v manly = drag

ostrich20

Juniors
My thoughts.

Contenders:

Saints - Roared back into form, should get to prelims at the least
Dogs - Need to stay in the finals till noddy returns otherwise also-rans
Storm - Have the side to beat anyone on their day
Manly - Form at the right time and are full-strength bar King/Lyon who should return soon
Broncos - See the storm

Pretenders

Titans - Just lack that intensity to match it in the big games, may get to prelims but thats it
Knights - Not enough star power, may upset the dogs but thats pretty much it.
Eels - Hit form way too early and will go out first week.

In the end i hope for a Dogs V Manly GF due to family ties, but I think it will be Dragons V Storm or Dragons V Manly.

Apey

Staff member
Storm or Broncos.

Tips for next week:

Storm
Broncos
Knights - If it was an actual tipping comp I'd tip Bulldogs, this is just faith/hope more than anything. I would rather vs Bulldogs then Dragons/Storm though :crazy:
Dragons

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm worried Manly will drop out if they lose to Storm and Broncs beat Titans and Knights beat Bulldogs!!!

Thing of it is on this weeks form that's very realistic.
Melbourne V Manly is the game of the round IMO. Both teams have to go in assuming Titans, Dogs and even the Dragons are going to lose.

zombat

Juniors
consider urself lucky apey knights will only lose by 30 now

ur joking. Knights won't get rolled by that much.
Maybe if Bulldogs put BB instead of holdsworth they might get them by 13+

titans will win week 1, but bow out when they can't play at home.

However i agree with u in Dragons/Manly final.

Latest posts