What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary Final Opponent

Iamback

Coach
Some beyond bizarre takes here. Of course Melbourne and Brisbane should play in their home cities if they've earned it.

The on the fence ones are Canberra and Cows because of the size of their grounds. GC had to play at Suncorp so the argument could be all Regional teams do it

age.s

First Grade
The on the fence ones are Canberra and Cows because of the size of their grounds. GC had to play at Suncorp so the argument could be all Regional teams do it
Nah, if you want consistency you allow all regional teams to host their games. The idea of NQ/Canberra hosting a prelim in Brisbane/Sydney is only marginally less insane. GC is an edge case as it's not an unrealistic drive to Suncorp for their fans, but I'd be fine with them hosting a prelim at Robina too.

Munky

Coach
If the Cowboys had to play a prelim at Suncorp so should we.

Since Penrith is closer to Brisbane than Townsville.

Iamback

Coach
Nah, if you want consistency you allow all regional teams to host their games. The idea of NQ/Canberra hosting a prelim in Brisbane/Sydney is only marginally less insane. GC is an edge case as it's not an unrealistic drive to Suncorp for their fans, but I'd be fine with them hosting a prelim at Robina too.

Not sure they'd let Newcastle host a PF

WestyLife

First Grade
Semi Finals were always played in Sydney. After round 1 of the Finals, all games should be played in Sydney. How cares if it’s Brisbane, Cowboys, Titans or Melbourne. Sometimes traditions should be kept going.

Because you shouldn't punish interstate teams for their success because people can't get past the comp not being the nswrl anymore.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Based on all season you should win comfortably, unfortunately for us! Haha.
I think the only mindset that could change is if we play with absolutely nothing to lose and hope you guys have an off night, but I doubt that'll happen.
We won't have to play make believe underdogs that's for sure! Ha!

Anyone know what day and place the game is on at?
Cheers
We never win comfortably it’s been that type of year.You throw the ball around you trouble us we controll the middle we win .The refs seem to want faster games this year .we will test the speed and try to slow it down

WestyLife

First Grade
We never win comfortably it’s been that type of year.You throw the ball around you trouble us we controll the middle we win .The refs seem to want faster games this year .we will test the speed and try to slow it down

Panthers have scored 50 I think it's twice in this dynasty. That's crazy low for such a dominant team.

Fangs

Coach
Panthers have scored 50 I think it's twice in this dynasty. That's crazy low for such a dominant team.

Correct.

It's more than just this year. The scoreboard hasn't looked all that different in 2024 its just how consistent we are over 80 minutes.

Bringing out best next Saturday.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
i hope the ticket prices are good for this game, a crowd of 40-50k should be minimum

i recall tickets last year against Storm being given away last minute

Panther Mike

Juniors
Well we beat Sharks 42-0 this year in a game in which we were actually underdogs so we are still capable of being ruthless, like we also were in the first half v the Rorters.

Iamback

Coach
i hope the ticket prices are good for this game, a crowd of 40-50k should be minimum

i recall tickets last year against Storm being given away last minute

I got tickets on halfway line for cheaper than the ones for WK1 were. I sat on the 10m line there

So they aren't too bad. I can't remember last years pricing but both teams should bring 15k fans with them.

30k minimum

MugaB

Coach
If the Cowboys had to play a prelim at Suncorp so should we.

Since Penrith is closer to Brisbane than Townsville.
Penrith is closer to any destination.....
Go on try it..... ....thats coz they are in everyone hearts...we are the peoples team

Alintheeast

Juniors
Sharks biggest 2024 crowd at Shark Park was 13.5k against Penrith. Average about 12.5k at home considering they lead the Comp for 8 weeks and were almost never out top 4 not good numbers. Might have to be 20/10 to get 30k. Who is going to leave their sofa on Saturday anyway
2:30 to 5:30 Swans GF
5:30 to 7:30 wallabies vs All Blacks
7:50 to 9:30 Penrith v Sharks

WestyLife

First Grade
That coz every team is up for us, when they play verse each other, if the score spaces out, they just give up

The storm seem pretty good at racking up the scores. I'll take the compliment if Panthers are the only team feared that much.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sharks biggest 2024 crowd at Shark Park was 13.5k against Penrith. Average about 12.5k at home considering they lead the Comp for 8 weeks and were almost never out top 4 not good numbers. Might have to be 20/10 to get 30k. Who is going to leave their sofa on Saturday anyway
2:30 to 5:30 Swans GF
5:30 to 7:30 wallabies vs All Blacks
7:50 to 9:30 Penrith v Sharks
Shark Park current capacity is only 13,500 given the on going redevelopment.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Due to trackwork, public transport will be a nightmare for Sharks fans on Saturday travelling to Accor - Bus to Hurstville, train to Redfern (or train to Central and direct train to Olympic Park is they run them, train to Lidcombe, train to Olympic Park

Latest posts