What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary Final Opponent

Kilkenny

Coach
I got tickets on halfway line for cheaper than the ones for WK1 were. I sat on the 10m line there

So they aren't too bad. I can't remember last years pricing but both teams should bring 15k fans with them.

30k minimum
I’m in Melbourne went to the Geelong v Brisbane PF (Cats fan) $250 a ticket double what I paid for our PL against the Sharks for basically equivalent seats.

Iamback

Coach
I’m in Melbourne went to the Geelong v Brisbane PF (Cats fan) $250 a ticket double what I paid for our PL against the Sharks for basically equivalent seats.

That is it. It is decent enough the issue is the lack of anything before or after the game, Very hard to attract neutrals in these cases

Kilkenny

Coach
That is it. It is decent enough the issue is the lack of anything before or after the game, Very hard to attract neutrals in these cases
Melbourne are fortunate with there two main venues being the MCG and Marvel Stadium they are so accessible and have unlimited venues to eat or drink pre or post game. I walked from Southbank with a couple of stops for a beer adds to the whole day and occasion. Our two main venues just aren’t quite the same unfortunately just not the same volume of options.

Iamback

Coach
Melbourne are fortunate with there two main venues being the MCG and Marvel Stadium they are so accessible and have unlimited venues to eat or drink pre or post game. I walked from Southbank with a couple of stops for a beer adds to the whole day and occasion. Our two main venues just aren’t quite the same unfortunately just not the same volume of options.

That is the main issue. We are trying to go down the path of having a single game be the event.

Problem is 1st we were used to Sat/Sun games for finals which is much easier for travel to and from.

Now we lost lower grades and even NRLW is played seperately.

It isn't possible for families to go. More so fans of neither team, They can have a great night at their local for the price of a ticket and get fed and beered up.

NRL entertainment wise and the product is elite but the event status of the game is still many many light years behind other sports.

They need to make games must attend events,

Kilkenny

Coach
That is the main issue. We are trying to go down the path of having a single game be the event.

Problem is 1st we were used to Sat/Sun games for finals which is much easier for travel to and from.

Now we lost lower grades and even NRLW is played seperately.

It isn't possible for families to go. More so fans of neither team, They can have a great night at their local for the price of a ticket and get fed and beered up.

NRL entertainment wise and the product is elite but the event status of the game is still many many light years behind other sports.

They need to make games must attend events,
There were over 90,000 at the MCG for the Cats v Lions. I assume a significant percentage of Lions fans were fans when they were Fitzroy, no way so many fans travelled down from Brisbane. Melbourne is purpose built for the two arena AFL scenario, both are really in the heart of the city, bars and restaurants on there door step, both easily accessible by foot, tram, train from anywhere you choose to come from. Our two main arenas are in a totally different dynamic they just don’t offer the same accessibility or entertainment precincts right on the door step. If you go to a game at Allianz for example, you can choose to walk up from Central Station and sure there are plenty of potential pub stops on route but most fans are focussed on getting to the stadium so often take the far easier option.

I think not building our new stadium on the Paceway site was a missed opportunity long term. A truly purpose built 40,000 all seater stadium with bars, restaurants available for public use 365 days a year and all the associated facilities associated with it was an investment risk worth taking. Sure for it to be a viable project, it would have had to have included other sports, concerts, residential apartments etc but it would have been an investment guaranteed a return for generations to come.