What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Gains and Losses for 2006

PB

Bench
yappy said:
Got to say I would have loved to have Dane back playing for us. Whilst he never reached any great heights as a player he has First Grade (mostly painful) experience with us and the experience of being a professional player in the old dart. Certainly would have been someone who could have shown the youngsters the ropes and what it takes to make it in the game. Hopefully he'll be around in some capacity.

Patto will assume that role mostly for us next year I'd say. Very well respected around the club and someone the boys look up to.

Off topic, but there was a stat Big League did, a couple of seasons back, on best goal kicking percentages for the last 12 months across all codes world wide. I don't remember the exact order but it was like Johnny Wilkinson, Hazem and Dane as the top three (or possibly 3 of top 4).

Michael Blackwell, (picked up from Collies). What position does he play, is he a backrow/utility style of player who used to play Jim Beam Cup, or do i have him mixed up with another player from Collies?

girvie

Staff member
Big Mick © said:
Have Penrith really signed Luke Young again?

He left us for the Dogs and now back?

Luckily he wont play PL.
Now i have found out that Luke Young isn't back at Penrith. Sorry for the confusion.

ps. wouldn't Keith Peters be Premier League halfback or is he better suited to other position?

sooperdooper

First Grade
girvie said:
Now i have found out that Luke Young isn't back at Penrith. Sorry for the confusion.

ps. wouldn't Keith Peters be Premier League halfback or is he better suited to other position?
keith can play half, 5/8 or lock

Big Mick

Referee
girvie said:

Yeah I found that out yesterday as well.

Keith Peters is a great young talent, but Peter Wallace will be five-eight, Wayne Bond will be half and Keith will play lock, which is his best position....I hope thats what happens.

Nikki

Coach
I heard a rumour towards the end of last season that Wade L'estrange was gunna hook up with Penrith. Will try and chase up some more info on that and get back to you

brook

First Grade
It appears Franco Kmet is headed to the magpies :(

I guess I'm glad he's not lost to the club but still......
no word on Shultz yet although theres rumours (that seem likely) he's headed back to queensland

Nikki

Coach
Nikki said:
I heard a rumour towards the end of last season that Wade L'estrange was gunna hook up with Penrith. Will try and chase up some more info on that and get back to you

Just an update, my source no longer likes me apparently :( Either that or he has changed his number/lost his phone (that happens to footballers :roll: ). For my piece of mind I am hoping for the later.. lol

brook

First Grade
Updated gains and losses for Balmain

Gains – Frank Samia (Sharks), Jono Rolfe (Penrith), Thomas Gemmel (Sharks), Rod Griffin (Wynnum & QLD 19s), Ben Jeffrie (St George Illawarra), Herman Retslaff, Ben Teo, Dane McDonald (Keebra Park), Daniel Greaves (Country u/18s), Steve Moses & Gavan Cowan (Parramatta), Chance Bunce & Dean McGrath (Bulldogs) John Sinisa (Newtown), Filinga Filiga (Bulldogs) Cory Niwa (QLD Reds Rugby) Tevita Metuisela (Melbourne Storm)

Losses – Jamie Small (Bulldogs), Darren Rodgers (Central Comets), Luke Hession (Knights), Jeff Lima & Chris Beasley (St Gaudens France), Luke Branighan (Easts Brisbane), Luke O’Callaghan, Mark Luland, Justin Bishop & Leigh Bowman (Wentworthville), Joel Caine (Retired), Mark Meredith (England), Tim McGann (Rugby Union), Franco Kmet, Clae Web, Matt Hunt, David Gower, Tim Tobin (all Wests), David Pangai (Roosters), Willie Jones (Canberra), Simon Greally (NSW Waratahs) Ranald Schulz, Alwyn Simpson (QLD Cup)

MrCharisma

Bench
Just an update on the Bulldogs 'unknowns'

Darren Brown, Josh Cale and Anthony Hadley are all in the 2006 Premier League squad.

Sosaia Makisi and Chris McGuirk aren't there and I don't know where they have gone.

Daza_06

Juniors
why hasnt anyone signed up Daniel Backo from Parra. He was a australian schoolboy not that long ago and was rumored for big things. Surely there is a club out there that could have him in there premier league side

Stagger eel

Staff member
Daza_06 said:
why hasnt anyone signed up Daniel Backo from Parra. He was a australian schoolboy not that long ago and was rumored for big things. Surely there is a club out there that could have him in there premier league side

because the last I heard he quit football all together, but I habe no doubt pop somewhere playing for a team called the titans iin 07 ;-)

Mad Goanna

Juniors
Peter Mannion from Wests PL to Wests Newcastle not Canberra
Nathan Berry from Knights to Macquarie
Nathan McLoughlin from Knights to Wests Newcastle
Scott Perrin from Knights PL to North Sydney PL
Luke Mercer from Knights to Burleigh
Robbie Simpson from Roosters PL to Three Ways United

Spike

First Grade
Michael Fortier Knights to South Newcastle

Also interesting to note that former Balmain lower grade winger Todd Barrow has turned up in Manly's premier league team after spending the last few years back in Orange. A player to watch IMO

brook

First Grade
Spike said:
Michael Fortier Knights to South Newcastle

Also interesting to note that former Balmain lower grade winger Todd Barrow has turned up in Manly's premier league team after spending the last few years back in Orange. A player to watch IMO

ahh did he make the final team? I'm glad to see it Todd not only had talent but he's one of the better goal kickers I've seen in any grade.

Spike

First Grade
I'm guessing he has. He's been been listed on the bench to play against the Sharks.

Also Mitch Creary is back at Manly after a stint with a local RU side. This has been at the expense of Ashley Alberts who has been released

brook

First Grade
Spike said:
I'm guessing he has. He's been been listed on the bench to play against the Sharks.

good on him :)

hmmm what ever hapened to ashley's brother who used to play for us? (having a mental blank on his first name)

Latest posts