What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier league trial

cayless1989

Juniors
Parra deafeat tigers 16-6 in the first trial. i think we r looking good for next year. tonite we had a few first graders in our team including eric grothe, nathan cayless, morrison, moi moi, marsh and tahu. it was a good effort by the boys afta being 6-0 down but kris inu grabbed 2 tries along with grothe. best players were moi moi and marsh. i still beleive there is alot of work to be done before the season starts.

strider

Post Whore
I was impressed with feleti mateo in the 2nd game too (well it was 2 20min qtrs) ... we won that aswell - the top grade guys didn't play in that one ... there were a few good players in that game - 15, 12, 5 (eela has the names :D)

I thought Justin Tsoulos put in some good work in the first game too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't get these idiotic rules...Moi Moi is suspended but allowed to play...

Oh well.

Great news to hear we won and that we played well.

Yeah Feleti was the only 5/8 last night that showed any ounce of creativity. The kid has skill to burn and it comes natural for him. Delaney will have nothing on Feleti in the skill department. Adding to this I have never seen Feleti look so fit before.

Blake Green will never be 5/8 - I thought it could work and Parra did as well but he just does not look comfortable in that spot. But when he get his hands on the ball at 1st receiver he is a different player. Unfortunately his posy is halfback.

Jeremy Smith was average. And wont make 1st grade - not at half back anyway.

Fui was destructive and Tahu and Grothe looked sharp.

Just on the Flegg. There are some Monsters playing in the backline - MONSTERS.

Stagger eel

Staff member
as well as the first 40 minutes which Parra won 16-6 against Balmain, as strider said we played the Magpies in 2 x 20 minute halves and winning 10-0 in a game in which we mainly played our Jersey Flegg side.

sides were as follows

Team 1 V Balmain [They did have Galloway, Harris and a few other first graders there]

Simon Micallef - Played very well, attacked the ball and ran with venom, will only improve

Kris Inu - he was the kicker in pl

Timana Tahu - had a slow start but got going later in the half to have a good match, was well checked by his opposing centre.

Ash Graham - I thought played well, may of picked up some speed in the off season.

Eric Grothe - bit rusty but like T he got going later in the half. him and T played on the left.

Blake Green - ok but nothing spectacular.

Jeremy Smith - very poor game sluggish in attack his dellivery was non existant, he's definitely a better player than that.

Glen Morrison - ok

Fui Fui Moi Moi - our best player, absolutely terrorised the defence.

Brendon Oak - kept a low key.

Justin Tsolous - see Oaky

PJ Marsh - looked very sharp in attack and constantly had the defence at the centre of the ruck in a bit of a panic when ever he ran.

Nathan Cayless - ripped in, got very involved including attack.

Team 2 beat Wests 10-0.

Iwi Hauraki - made a couple of errors but extremely quick running the ball back, more a winger imo.

Josh Davis - may have only touched the ball twice, not much involvement at all.

David Williams/ Ben Farrer [centres] - very solid.

Etuate Uaisele - signed from St George looks like a bit of a powerhouse on the wing, a genuine crowd pleaser.

Feleti Mateo - Brilliant, kicked and passed like there was no tomorrow, the only problem was he wasn't keen to take the game by the scruff of the neck and held back on occasions but from what I saw, he could have a magic year.

Jonathon Taviner - did well, nothing flash.

Aaron Dalton - not sighted

Valu Nassio - scored both our trys, probably our best forward on the field.

Aaron Wood - nothing flash

Junior To'o - massive kid, put on some big hits.

Kurt Sorenson - May of found his niche at hooker, played well.

Aukuso Paulo [Junior] - lost alot of weight, played well but faulted towards the end of the half.

Tony Paramatangi - looks very solid, played centre when he came on, shot out of the line a couple of times to make some big hits.

John Frith - ok

Walter Vaeau - not really sighted.

Ben Taia - not really sighted.

Ray Nasso - played very well, may of cemented his spot in the sqaud for flegg.

Tidbits.

* Jim Storer will be out for the 4 weeks of the comp, he broke same arm on the same spot, it was apparently a training accident.

* Joel Reddy, Paul Stringer, John Morris, Nathan Hindmarsh and Mick Vella were all there no word on their injuries.

anyone want to add a few other things I may of left out please do so.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Yeah Feleti was the only 5/8 last night that showed any ounce of creativity. The kid has skill to burn and it comes natural for him. Delaney will have nothing on Feleti in the skill department. Adding to this I have never seen Feleti look so fit before.

Blake Green will never be 5/8 - I thought it could work and Parra did as well but he just does not look comfortable in that spot. But when he get his hands on the ball at 1st receiver he is a different player. Unfortunately his posy is halfback.

Jeremy Smith was average. And wont make 1st grade - not at half back anyway.

Fui was destructive and Tahu and Grothe looked sharp.

Just on the Flegg. There are some Monsters playing in the backline - MONSTERS.

where were you sitting Jakey???

Eela. I was standing along the fence opposite the stands.

I really believe That Feleti could be the answer at 5/8, He plays so much like Dymock it's not funny. He is really looking Fitter than I have evr seen him before. Add to this that Tim Smith and Feleti had an excellent combo in Flegg then it should happen...What do u think Eela??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Eela. I was standing along the fence opposite the stands.

I really believe That Feleti could be the answer at 5/8, He plays so much like Dymock it's not funny. He is really looking Fitter than I have evr seen him before. Add to this that Tim Smith and Feleti had an excellent combo in Flegg then it should happen...What do u think Eela??

he was very, very good, seems to have developed a decent kicking game, threw some nice bullet like cut out passes and made a couple long striding runs up the middle, my only problem and I know it's only a trial, he tends to hang back now and then and have his arms on his hips which he was doing in 04 and early last year, I was discussing this with "Delboy" last night and he thinks he should be in there screaming for the ball clapping his hands and directing traffic, because he has the ability to do all that, I tend to agree with him.

in all, very good signs though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Someone said on another thread that Valu Nassio was trialing for a contract. He should be signed up by now surely.

Valu was great, terrorised their right side, may need to lose some weight, but no doubt very looked sharp.

what about Junior To'o ???...he was the massive kid in the number 10 jumper. looked awsome at times.

Yeah That No.10 was pretty big. Didn't PJ bring him along last year from NZ or something like that. He was supposed to sign for us last year but I don't know what happpened.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Yeah That No.10 was pretty big. Didn't PJ bring him along last year from NZ or something like that. He was supposed to sign for us last year but I don't know what happpened.

yep.

I think he decided to take a year off with relligous studies, goes to the same church as PJ.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
15. Was massive made some big hits but I didn't see him with ball in hand.

12. Valu enough said.

5- He was good.

15- can honestly say that I haven't heard glowing reports on him but he did show some promise last night.

12- just needs to get a little fitter.

5 - I think I'm gonna like this kid, some of us were questioning whether or not he was in fact Josh Davis, real goer.