What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier league trial

Jodeci

Bench
Yeah Smithy was there. He made his way to the sideline in the second game to keep an eye on Feleti.

That kid is all class. That stint in England has done him the world of good. No knee strappings, lost weight, more mobility. Did anyone see that pass he threw left to right about 20 metres and hit the winger on the chest.

I was sitting next to Smithy while he was in the stand. I over heard him say that Sharp and J.T are looking after things against the Storm until he gets there later today

parra_jesus

Juniors
we should of won by more if we had eric grothe,pj marsh,tahu , moi moi and captain cayless running around in the preimer league team...i suppose it would of been there first real game of league for 6 months.

parra_jesus said:
we should of won by more if we had eric grothe,pj marsh,tahu , moi moi and captain cayless running around in the preimer league team...i suppose it would of been there first real game of league for 6 months.

It was just that Jeremy Smitha nd Blake Green did not offer anything in attack. They were poor.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Moimoi was allowed to play because of a stupid rule that allows players to play in trial matches for grades/comps lower then the NRL.

Carl Webb will be playing for the Cowboys QLD Cup team and apprently PJ is also suspended, according to the Telecra* yesterday

however both Fui and PJ will be using todays trial v Storm to get another week taken off thier suspension

the end result is suspension wise PJ will be able to play in round 1 while Moimoi will be back in about round 4 (might be round 5)

sooperdooper

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Eela. I was standing along the fence opposite the stands.

I really believe That Feleti could be the answer at 5/8, He plays so much like Dymock it's not funny. He is really looking Fitter than I have evr seen him before. Add to this that Tim Smith and Feleti had an excellent combo in Flegg then it should happen...What do u think Eela??
flegg is alot different to the nrl

sooperdooper

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Yeah Feleti was the only 5/8 last night that showed any ounce of creativity. The kid has skill to burn and it comes natural for him. Delaney will have nothing on Feleti in the skill department. Adding to this I have never seen Feleti look so fit before.

Blake Green will never be 5/8 - I thought it could work and Parra did as well but he just does not look comfortable in that spot. But when he get his hands on the ball at 1st receiver he is a different player. Unfortunately his posy is halfback.

Jeremy Smith was average. And wont make 1st grade - not at half back anyway.

Fui was destructive and Tahu and Grothe looked sharp.

Just on the Flegg. There are some Monsters playing in the backline - MONSTERS.

delaney is very skilled.

sooperdooper said:
delaney is very skilled.

Don't get me wrong the Kid is 1st grade Material, He is a top 3/4 and I rate him higher then Ben Smith. But as 5/8 he doesn't have the creative passing game that would come natural to a player such as Feleti Mateo or a Kris Keating.

He would be just another player running off Tim Smith passes. Bretts game suits a running back or a 2nd rower lock type of player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
as well as the first 40 minutes which Parra won 16-6 against Balmain, as strider said we played the Magpies in 2 x 20 minute halves and winning 10-0 in a game in which we mainly played our Jersey Flegg side.

sides were as follows

Team 1 V Balmain [They did have Galloway, Harris and a few other first graders there]

Simon Micallef - Played very well, attacked the ball and ran with venom, will only improve

Kris Inu - he was the kicker in pl

Timana Tahu - had a slow start but got going later in the half to have a good match, was well checked by his opposing centre.

Ash Graham - I thought played well, may of picked up some speed in the off season.

Eric Grothe - bit rusty but like T he got going later in the half. him and T played on the left.

Blake Green - ok but nothing spectacular.

Jeremy Smith - very poor game sluggish in attack his dellivery was non existant, he's definitely a better player than that.

Glen Morrison - ok

Fui Fui Moi Moi - our best player, absolutely terrorised the defence.

Brendon Oak - kept a low key.

Justin Tsolous - see Oaky

PJ Marsh - looked very sharp in attack and constantly had the defence at the centre of the ruck in a bit of a panic when ever he ran.

Nathan Cayless - ripped in, got very involved including attack.

Team 2 beat Wests 10-0.

Iwi Hauraki - made a couple of errors but extremely quick running the ball back, more a winger imo.

Josh Davis - may have only touched the ball twice, not much involvement at all.

David Williams/ Ben Farrer [centres] - very solid.

Etuate Uaisele - signed from St George looks like a bit of a powerhouse on the wing, a genuine crowd pleaser.

Feleti Mateo - Brilliant, kicked and passed like there was no tomorrow, the only problem was he wasn't keen to take the game by the scruff of the neck and held back on occasions but from what I saw, he could have a magic year.

Jonathon Taviner - did well, nothing flash.

Aaron Dalton - not sighted

Valu Nassio - scored both our trys, probably our best forward on the field.

Aaron Wood - nothing flash

Junior To'o - massive kid, put on some big hits.

Kurt Sorenson - May of found his niche at hooker, played well.

Aukuso Paulo [Junior] - lost alot of weight, played well but faulted towards the end of the half.

Tony Paramatangi - looks very solid, played centre when he came on, shot out of the line a couple of times to make some big hits.

John Frith - ok

Walter Vaeau - not really sighted.

Ben Taia - not really sighted.

Ray Nasso - played very well, may of cemented his spot in the sqaud for flegg.

Tidbits.

* Jim Storer will be out for the 4 weeks of the comp, he broke same arm on the same spot, it was apparently a training accident.

* Joel Reddy, Paul Stringer, John Morris, Nathan Hindmarsh and Mick Vella were all there no word on their injuries.

anyone want to add a few other things I may of left out please do so.

Thanks for that, mate. It's very comprehensive!

AlexTheEel

Juniors
cayless1989 said:
Parra deafeat tigers 16-6 in the first trial. i think we r looking good for next year. tonite we had a few first graders in our team including eric grothe, nathan cayless, morrison, moi moi, marsh and tahu. it was a good effort by the boys afta being 6-0 down but kris inu grabbed 2 tries along with grothe. best players were moi moi and marsh. i still beleive there is alot of work to be done before the season starts.

I thought the second try was grabbed by Blake Green diving on a grubber under the posts?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
BD5733 said:
* I also saw Stringer, Scott Prince and Terry Lamb at the ground.

*Bronson Harrison was in the Ryde Eastwood team too

Was Terry there? Terry coached Cabramatta last season in the Jim Beam Cup but left this season to take up a position at the bulldogs. He only lives at Abotsburry so wouldnt have been a long trip for him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
flegg is alot different to the nrl

they were playing a Wests premier league side and the skills he showed in his kicking and passing game weren't because of the calibre of opposition either.

he did very well.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Feleti always had the skills to be a top line five-eighth or lock even back in schoolboys you could tell that

His head was the problem, mentally it seemed like he was never going to make it, maybe his trip to London sorted that out

Pazza

First Grade
I think we start Widders at 5/8 and Carry Feleti on the bench.

Widders has everything you need for a good 5/8. Size, Speed, Step, pass and Dummy. Not sure about his kicking game but Smith, Riddell and Marsh all can deal with that. Then you can bring Feleti into lock later in the game for another play making option when the game opens up.

Pazza

First Grade
i think that widders has the fitness now to be a starter and still have a huge impact on the game

sooperdooper

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Don't get me wrong the Kid is 1st grade Material, He is a top 3/4 and I rate him higher then Ben Smith. But as 5/8 he doesn't have the creative passing game that would come natural to a player such as Feleti Mateo or a Kris Keating.

He would be just another player running off Tim Smith passes. Bretts game suits a running back or a 2nd rower lock type of player.

keating is what 17?
we cant make to many assumptions

yes delaney would be a running 5/8, however a solid defender and can work hard!

Latest posts