What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership Favorites = Wests Tigers

Pierced Soul

First Grade
nope.

might have won 8(?) in a row but some of their performances have been pretty scratchy and they've mainly been beating teams well below them on the table.

last night looked like they were playing an exhibition game. how many times did they fail to get to their kick after scoring?

gronkathon

First Grade
Tigers fan with a big nooooo.

Yet to really dominate a game with solid football. Still have fade outs in games.

I am genuinely excited for this seasons finals series though. Alot of genuine contenders

juro

Bench
OP, do you want to give any reasoning behind your statement? It seems like you are in the minority with your opinion.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Melbourne still the benchmark imo, got beatwen on the weekend with their key playmaker but will belt the Chooks and win the MP comfortably.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I think they are. Especially when they get Lawrence and Gibbs back.

They'll be better in the finals that they were last year. I've been saying it since the Prelim final last year that they will have learned a lot from that game.

Very well balanced squad with a stack of class across the park.

I see them as the team to beat.

Red Bear

Referee
Not just yet, soft run in isnt great. But with Lawrence and Gibbs back they'll go deep into the finals.

It was already a fairly even competition, with all but whoever finishes 8th and (IMO) the Cowboys capable of winning the whole thing. Suspensions will have an effect with Blair and Stewart unlikely to feature again all year.

Big Pete

Referee
Melbourne still hold the title, but I rank the Tigers right up there with the Sea Eagles and Broncos on form.

the dude

Juniors
It's Melbourne or Brisbane this year imo

But I'm very excited for the finals series. Storm, Broncos and Manly have had great seasons. Warriors and Tigers are in a bit of form and could have a crack, Dragons did it last year and could do it again. Cowboys are always a dangerous team with Thurston

Even Souths could make some noise.

The only team that has no chance of doing anything in the finals is the Knights. Luckily they won't be in the 8

super_coach

First Grade
Melbourne and Manly will strangle them to death. The tigers are a great side when they are allowed to play a up tempo style of footy, but soon as the play the ball slowed down and every tackle becomes a battle they struggle. Okay they beat Manly this year but I think Manly's physical presence will give them the edge and I think the kings of the grapple and wrestle will also have a edge. Than of course no Blair and no Stewart will help the Tigers

Also lets not forget the Lockie factor at the Bronks, they are going to be really hard to beat and who ever beats them are going to have to score plenty of points

Sean18

Juniors
Storm are still favorites.

It's Melbourne or Brisbane this year imo

But I'm very excited for the finals series. Storm, Broncos and Manly have had great seasons. Warriors and Tigers are in a bit of form and could have a crack, Dragons did it last year and could do it again. Cowboys are always a dangerous team with Thurston

Even Souths could make some noise.

The only team that has no chance of doing anything in the finals is the Knights. Luckily they won't be in the 8

Quit dreaming and STFU.

Danish

Referee
Genuine contender, no way are they favorites though.

Going to be a cracking finals series

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Any team with Benji or JT have a chance of taking out, those two can win a game single handedly. And than there are the broncos, storm, sea eagles & dragons. So it's pretty much a 6 team race. Still not convinced with the warriors.

ceagle

Bench
Will the Tigers play more conservative footy in the finals, imo they need to play their brand of football because it worries teams like Manly and Melbourne.