What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership Favorites = Wests Tigers

typicalfan

Coach
Sheens is the master of deception when it comes to the big games. He would be the best poker player by a mile in the coaching ranks. Watch how he will talk down his team over the next few weeks. Did it in 2005, did it last year and only just got pipped.

He is like Lang on the sidelines in the clutch moments. Enjoy that aspect of coaching, they all should do it.

LESStar58

Referee
They are the team I'd least like to have to play come finals time. Make of that what you will.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah, we are fairly unpredictable.....but we also have a pretty good record in the big games, not that weve played all that many

MacDougall

First Grade
As a fan of Balmain/WT for as long as I can remember (so like 90-91 I think) I have never been more confident watching them play. I used to go into games against the team in last expecting to lose, this year though I would be surprised if they lose another game. Everything is falling their way.

*Melbourne/Manly having issues
*Refs getting them home in close games
*Benji getting off and starting to absolutely slay
*Ellis/Lawrence/Tuqiri back at the right time
*Murdoch/Woods/Groat looking every bit first grade forwards
*Tim Moltzen finally learning how to play fullback
*Beau Ryan in career best form
*Blake Ayshford improving constantly
*Robert Lui actually tackling and looking dangerous with ball in hand
*Gibbs/Galloway consistent and oh so effective
*Liam Fulton in career best form
*Heighington being Heighington
*Utai almost back to his career best somehow
*Steven Bradburying their way to the top 4

The only team not playing into their hands are the Broncos. Which is why I'm worried about them. If the Tigers can avoid Brisbane they'll probs win.

I hope that out of the teams in the 8 the Tigers win it - better than a team like Stain Bore winning and tarnishing the game.

what happened to Fafita?

Signed with Cronulla (after we offered to extend him for next season), and had a whinge that the club was cutting everyone to sign Blair. Played like he didn't give a shit for a few weeks, and was dropped. Apparently he's going pretty ordinary for Balmain in the NSW Cup too. Unless half our forward pack gets injured he probably won't be seen in a Wests Tigers jersey again. Woods and Groat are much better than him anyway.

mongoose

Coach
I'm not sold on the Tigers, as much as I would enjoy seeing them win another premiership. The easy run into the finals wont do them any favours either.

I think Storm, Manly and Broncos are on another level to the rest.

I hope that out of the teams in the 8 the Tigers win it - better than a team like Stain Bore winning and tarnishing the game.

564142-st-george-illawarra-dragons.jpg

On topic though, I think Brisbane are favourites for mine, slightly ahead of the Tigers. Mainly due to the Lockyer factor and Manly/Melbourne's current predicament

typicalfan

Coach
The question over the Broncos is if they can rise another level in the big games. We know Locky can but can the young kids. It is very different when you get to the sudden death games and pressure builds.

I like the team and I think it will win a comp in the next 3 seasons, not sure if it will be this year.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Tigers are playing good footy and I'd love another premiership, but Manly, Storm and Brisbane are the 3 to beat on form across the season.

We're definitely in with a red hot shot though, in 2011 and the next few years.

mongoose

Coach
The question over the Broncos is if they can rise another level in the big games. We know Locky can but can the young kids. It is very different when you get to the sudden death games and pressure builds.

I like the team and I think it will win a comp in the next 3 seasons, not sure if it will be this year.

Same could be said for Manly's halves getting overawed in the bigger games.

The broncos young players look extremely confident. There is a bit of an aura about the broncos this season. Their desire to send Locky out a winner cant be underestimated.

simostorm

Bench
Storm still Favorites on TAB at 3:75
Saints have come upto 2nd!! at $5
Bris, manly, tigers all at 5:50..
warriors 9
NQ 26
knights 51..

simostorm

Bench
Saints got their full squad together.. They are still looking good for going back to back.. They just lost to Storm at Melbourne and Melb had there full squad in..

Digeze

Juniors
It's wide open. I think the only 2 in the top 8 who aren't a chance are Newcastle (who i will be cheering for because i love an underdog) and the Cowboys.

Latest posts