What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership Favorites = Wests Tigers

IMO Wests Tigers are in with a great chance..a good strong forward pack with Marshall on fire at present.

I think the Broncos are looking the best at present though...

azza29

Juniors
95% likely it'll be Melbourne, Manly or Brisbane. But outside that I'd say the Warriors are most likely to cause an upset.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I think the Broncos are looking the best at present though...

I don't know about looking the best. We really haven't clicked yet......at least the backline hasn't

even though we have been winning well on the score board

I'm not overly convinced on how good we'll go against the better teams like Melbourne and Manly

Raider_69

Post Whore
the storm are still my run away favourite, followed by brisbane

simply because coming into the semis, no other team has the external motivations they have, which will count in the dying minutes of a close contest

but yes, the tigers are the one team if i was following a side in the 8, i wouldnt want to play. You just dont know how to game plan for them, they are so adlib and when it sticks it sticks and there isnt anything you can do about it. Melbourne and Manly and Brisbane, all play within a stucture that can be broken down, but the tigers, when they're on, there isnt much you can but hope that you end up with more points than them at the end of 80

Raider_69

Post Whore
if the Dragons hit peak form, none of your teams are on our level and you know thiiiis maaaaaaaaaan.

smokey reference. Nice

I have that mind control thing over Devo, he be all like "shut the f**k up", and i be quiet, but when he leave, i be talkin again. :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
smokey reference. Nice

I have that mind control thing over Devo, he be all like "shut the f**k up", and i be quiet, but when he leave, i be talkin again. :lol:

:lol::lol: Yo Big Perm!

Smokey back here takin' a sh*t! You gimme two dollas and I'll clean all that sh*t up

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pfft no way

We can win but probably deserve to be 4th or 5th favourite. Also eveytime I do the ladder predictor thing I end up with us playing Melbourne in Melbourne to make the grand final, that would be bloody tough

Eddie.

Bench
Tigers fans should stop talking it down. Last season we were 1 measly point off beating the all conquering Dragons and probably winning the title the following week. We have basically the same squad carrying that hurt from last year, hopefully driving their motivation. This year we have used 31 players and will finish in the top 4, that is a great acheivement. We have used our potent left edge of Ellis, Lawrence and Tuqiri a grand total of 4 times this season. Benji Marshall is in stunning form and the team in general are on a huge roll.

Finals are decided on small details. A drop goal, a video ref decision, the bounce of a ball. I don't think there are any clear favourites. I think the Top 5 are all a huge shout if the small details of the game go their way. Tigers could beat any one of the Top 5, just like the Dragons, Manly, Broncos or Storm could do the same, they are all equally capable of beating each other.

It is a great Top 5 this year, best in years. Will be a ripper of a finals series, decided by small detiails. Hopefully not a refs decision.

Last edited:

mepelthwack

Juniors
Tigers were nowhere near favourite in 05 and didn't even have to play Parramatta.

The way the McIntyre works it's possible they will only have to play and win once against storm,sea eagles or broncos to win the premiership as a couple of those will eliminate each other beforehand.

I'd say the Tigers are way up in this. A great chance to be premiers.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
There is no way we are favourites. Manly and Melbourne have been the dominant sides all season.

However, I am very happy about where we are, and if we manage to finish 4th it is a phenomenal effort considering all the injuries we've had. We've used 31 players this season if my count is correct, which I'm willing to bet is far more than any other top 5 side. Also the rumours mid-season regarding player departures had the potential to be very damaging, but the players and coaching staff pulled through and they deserve a huge amount of credit for recovering.

Aside from Melbourne, there is not a single side I will genuinely fear in the semis. Melbourne's grinding style does not suit us, and they seem to successfully slow down the ruck against us which puts us at a disadvantage. We have beaten every other side in the top 8 this year including Manly. Exciting times ahead.

I love that movie.

It's Friday, you aint got no job and you aint got shit to do!

You have to be a stupid mother f**ker to get fired on your day off..

We aren't and shouldn't be favourites. But I wouldn't want to play us in the semis if I were any of the other 7 teams...

the dude

Juniors
There is no way we are favourites. Manly and Melbourne have been the dominant sides all season.

However, I am very happy about where we are, and if we manage to finish 4th it is a phenomenal effort considering all the injuries we've had. We've used 31 players this season if my count is correct, which I'm willing to bet is far more than any other top 5 side. Also the rumours mid-season regarding player departures had the potential to be very damaging, but the players and coaching staff pulled through and they deserve a huge amount of credit for recovering.

Aside from Melbourne, there is not a single side I will genuinely fear in the semis. Melbourne's grinding style does not suit us, and they seem to successfully slow down the ruck against us which puts us at a disadvantage. We have beaten every other side in the top 8 this year including Manly. Exciting times ahead.

On Friday night at 9:30pm, the only 2 top 8 sides souths haven't beaten are the warriors and storm (who we've played once)

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
My mistake. Only Melbourne and the Broncos. Though we did only play Brisbane once.

And had to rely on a shocking call from the refs to scrape across the line against Manly. So the record against teams above them is really not that impressive.

POPEYE

Coach
I wouldn't mind being proven wrong about by estimate of Sheens . . . maybe he's finally got Benjii under control consistently.

Sheens might still have something to offer the coaching ranks yet