What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prepare to split your sides ...

deemac77

Juniors
I dont understand this talk in getting rid of Potter.
Hes inherited a team from Sheens era.
Surely he must be given a decent amount of time to show something.
Getting tired of no signings for 2014 already though.

Sign somebody, anybody, preferably under 30.

deemac77

Juniors
Potter is on a hiding to nothing - an average & unbalanced squad, the worst support staff/HPU in the comp, a board divided.... the list is endless.
Once he's brought his own men in (both staff and players) he can be judged, but not before then.

absolutely

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Also Watching Willie Mason absolutely carving up, but he wasnt good enough for our club.

To be fair to Sheens on this one, I believe both Sheens and the playing group wanted Willie at the club but it was vetoed at board level.

Another reason why the fossils on the board should be punted immediately.

macnaz

Staff member
When and where did he say this ? . If.true he can pack his shit now, ive always defended him but if he is using Potter as an exuse for playing shit he is a tool.

gordsy

Juniors
We can't afford to sack Potter. It would be madness to pay three coaches. Besides who else would want to coach us if we di

Tiger05

First Grade
When and where did he say this ? . If.true he can pack his shit now, ive always defended him but if he is using Potter as an exuse for playing shit he is a tool.

Its another stupid internet rumour where Benji is a dickhead. The problem is that when he talks he never says anything like that.

super_coach

First Grade
I doubt Benji would have said this with his contract on the table, but just maybe their are some substantial offers for his services and he looking for a way out.

Best thing Benji could do now is put in a lot of hard work and try and turn things around, but I just cant see that happening

He is out of his depth and has failed to earn the respect of at least one senior player whom he has succeeded in alienating.

Anyone who believes the last two performances by the team are indicative of players responding to the coach are kidding themselves.

Succeeded in alienating... Why? Because Potter dares pull rank and doesn't put up with bullshit attitudes that were allowed to fester under the previous coach? And you want the coach responsible for that back? That'll do me...

How dare Potter expect Marshall to do as he's told... :crazy:

innsaneink

Referee
I dont understand this talk in getting rid of Potter.
Hes inherited a team from Sheens era.
Surely he must be given a decent amount of time to show something.
Getting tired of no signings for 2014 already though.

Sign somebody, anybody, preferably under 30.
Ive always thought he needs at least three years to get what he really needs before he could be fairly judged, but going by recent events of the CEO finally having a long hard look at himself in the mirroe, and the restructuring of WTs operations (if it happens at all) it could take him even longer and I doubt he'd survive with continued poor performances.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Succeeded in alienating... Why? Because Potter dares pull rank and doesn't put up with bullshit attitudes that were allowed to fester under the previous coach? And you want the coach responsible for that back? That'll do me...

How dare Potter expect Marshall to do as he's told... :crazy:

Please indicate where I posted I wanted Sheens back?

Yes, and the "line in the sand bullshit" really worked didn't it? How many nil was it when Marshall came on? That fixed him!

Go and read Bob Fulton's opinion on the decision by supercoach. And before anyone has a go at Fulton's credentials, remember he was in a different league as a player to Potter and again in a different league to Potter as a coach. Is there a vacancy at the Wakefield Wildcats?

gronkathon

First Grade
If we were talking Bob Fulton circa 1990 his opinion would be worth listening to.

After his performance as a selector and "expert" commentator his opinion is as worthless as any of us on here

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fulton is still stuck in 1996.

Somebody needs to drag him into the 21st century

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benji said "I want to get our team in a position where we can still make the top eight. If you look at the table, we are not that far out of it."

We're further out of it than we have ever been and further out of it than any other side.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Nothing worse than self delusion there for Benji. Ok, remain optimistic but if it stops a true examination of where you are at and where there is room for improvement its farcical.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The Board needs to demonstrate leadership and get rid of Potter now.

Don't mean to be a dick but it's comments like these that are ruining our club.
We can't just start sacking people when things are not going our way.

So who do we replace him with? What coach would want to come to our club if they know they are not going to get a fair shot?

And to the OP - can you please provide the source where you got this info from?

Tiger05

First Grade

He won't - its just more made about BS.

I'll split my sides if someone tells me Benji told them that directly. Poor guy is copping it left, right and centre from mothers clubs meetings.

Matchball

Bench
Don't mean to be a dick but it's comments like these that are ruining our club.
We can't just start sacking people when things are not going our way.

So who do we replace him with? What coach would want to come to our club if they know they are not going to get a fair shot?

R2Coupe is Tim Sheens. Cant you tell?

Latest posts