What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preseason game against Warriors

Kilkenny

Coach
Wasnt the NZ trial but thought Naden was brilliant for the Indigenous All Stars. Really think he's in for a break out year.
Naden is a really good player. He is a lovely kid, flawed perhaps, has made more than one poor decision over the years, but just a good passionate footy player. He will try his best week in week out and sometimes that is all you can ask.

Fordy20

Juniors
Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm still pretty dirty on him & Kepaoa after that abysmal end to the Dragons game last year.
No, I reckon you're entitled to be dirty with both of them. Our centres are still dire this year, so if Naden consistently lifts and locks down a centre spot, it will go away a long towards redeeming him in my eyes.

It doesn't look like Kepaoa will get that same opportunity now that Talau has leapfrogged him in the pecking order.

Naden is a really good player. He is a lovely kid, flawed perhaps, has made more than one poor decision over the years, but just a good passionate footy player. He will try his best week in week out and sometimes that is all you can ask.
That seems true.

Maybe under less pressure with us which he might adapt to more readily.

Sometimes in an outstanding team, the margin for error is very narrow, you are constantly looking over your shoulder.

It’s not often made public, but for some players, the game is a pressure cooker. Players vomit before games and not being selected is a fate worse than death. It’s mentally horrific.

Players I’ve met, they seem more comfy and happy when their immediate future is settled. Job security thing.

When my friend left the Tigers ages ago, they weren’t very pleased. But unless you are settled in the team, you feel and can live the pain of missing out.

Would Nado be in the current Panther squad full time?…and his personal history, it’s an anchor.

He’s better served with us with some good forwards etc. I think he’s done the right thing.

Hopefully he can show the panthers they should have bet on him like we have.A view probably shared by his close friends at the panthers.

Last edited:
I’m for opening up Origin to foreigners as well.

A limit of 5 and they can become honorary New South Welshmen or Queenslanders.

Just don’t put Pascoe in charge of the f**king visas.

Bateman must love playing for us. Sleep in until 11 every day and then off the Dragons Tongue for his daily warm pints.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm still pretty dirty on him & Kepaoa after that abysmal end to the Dragons game last year.

I thought he was one of the few who put in all year, was constantly taking the dirty hit ups whilst being played out of position. Ive always liked him as a player, big, rangy, quick. Sure he has some flaws but I think theres plenty to work with.

BTW we win that Dragons game if Junior Pauga didnt insanely pick up the drop out before it had gone 10 meters.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I thought he was one of the few who put in all year, was constantly taking the dirty hit ups whilst being played out of position. Ive always liked him as a player, big, rangy, quick. Sure he has some flaws but I think theres plenty to work with.

BTW we win that Dragons game if Junior Pauga didnt insanely pick up the drop out before it had gone 10 meters.

Yeah your right. He probably was one of our very few shining lights last year. I'm a fan of the bloke. Hopefully he'll flourish under Sheen's tutelage.

But yeah Pauga shouldn't be allowed anywhere near first grade again until he's completed some sort of exam on the rules of the game & scored 100%. Fail & it's 6 months of pre season training before you're allowed another attempt.

The Laurie lady and I have a “certain understanding” and I know we get on well because she went to leave that office, but came back to say goodbye to me especially.

A person you like to see and feel comfy around. She can do her job and talk league too. Women who follow the league are cool.

So on that basis, I feel certain that Dane will get my message of hope , which I suspect he will be pleased with.

It’s good to be a bit popular when you’re a young player finding your way.

And i know he was smashed into the next world in the trial, but shout out to Scholari. It was good to see him having a go and he f**ked up but he did some good things. Needs some fine tuning as the race for backline glory in the tigers continues.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah your right. He probably was one of our very few shining lights last year. I'm a fan of the bloke. Hopefully he'll flourish under Sheen's tutelage.

But yeah Pauga shouldn't be allowed anywhere near first grade again until he's completed some sort of exam on the rules of the game & scored 100%. Fail & it's 6 months of pre season training before you're allowed another attempt.
Pauga has gone to the Roosters , we don't have worry about him anymore 👍🏻

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Pauga has gone to the Roosters , we don't have worry about him anymore 👍🏻

I heard the bloke in a bar guys singing his praises for the Roosters during the week. I had no idea he'd left. Hopefully he makes the same stupid mistakes for the Roosters.

macnaz

Staff member
I heard the bloke in a bar guys singing his praises for the Roosters during the week. I had no idea he'd left. Hopefully he makes the same stupid mistakes for the Roosters.
I doubt he will even get a game in nrl with them. If he does it will probably be against us and He will play like a champion.

Latest posts