What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preseason game against Warriors

sambo1600

Juniors
As a union convert Tristan will have to get used to the speed, collision and sheer brutality of the game.

A minor lobotomy operation might also help him in all essential aspects, especially courage.

Good to see Stef hungry.
Hahahahah Oh yeah the sheer brutality! he was one of the best defenders out there

sambo1600

Juniors
I watch Shute shield a lot so saw Tristan play in that, he was the 3rd/4th string centre at the Waratahs so he mostly played Shute shield similar to Toby Rudolf and why he left union.

Wizardman

First Grade
It was A TRIAL!!!!

Some of the takes in here are unbelievably f**king ignorant. So many unknowns go into a first trial. Our team has had a shitload of turnover. We will improve from that......but f**k me, the throat slitting here is unbelievable.

Another thing.....Im tipping only two players from that trial will start in round one. One of those two is a definite.

I watch Shute shield a lot so saw Tristan play in that, he was the 3rd/4th string centre at the Waratahs so he mostly played Shute shield similar to Toby Rudolf and why he left union.
I think it’s well known that I have zero or negative faith in Brooks.

For his level of experience and related he is an abject failure,. And we are paying him 1.1 to fail yet again, before he bundys off elsewhere and slags us off no end because he cant do his job.

We should have swapped him out last year when we could.

So in my book, anyone else in our side who can play half is critical and that includes Tristan.

My point was that the physical side of league is up 20 notches from Union and that there will be induction period of hell for him. It’s a very hard and dangerous game. It requires tremendous courage.

Where Union succeeds, they have less dickheads in the game. Fortunately, our sides dickhead ratio is well down compared to others.

And rumoured, we have much less abuse of recreational drugs than other sides.

Tristan should not be sucked into the prick vortex and the games bad influences. I doubt he will.

Last edited:

sambo1600

Juniors

For his level of experience and related he is an abject failure,. And we are paying him 1.1 to fail yet again, before he bundys off elsewhere and slags us off no end because he cant do his job.

So in my book, anyone else in our side who can play half is critical and that includes Tristan.

My point was that the physical side of league is up 20 notches from Union and that there will be induction period of hell for him. It’s a very hard and dangerous game. It requires tremendous courage.

Where Union succeeds, they have less dickheads in the game. Fortunately, our sides dickhead ratio is well down compared to others.

Tristan should not be sucked into the prick vortex and the games bad influences. I doubt he will.
Not sure I can agree on the physical argument bit of a myth considering every league player that goes to union defends at a lower % mainly because they can't stat pad by getting 3rd and 4th man in recorded in their stats. He doesnt have rucks to deal with and the players in league are a lot smaller the only thing he will have to deal with is the extra 2-3kms a game.

sambo1600

Juniors
Not sure I can agree on the physical argument bit of a myth considering every league player that goes to union defends at a lower % mainly because they can't stat pad by getting 3rd and 4th man in recorded in their stats. He doesnt have rucks to deal with and the players in league are a lot smaller the only thing he will have to deal with is the extra 2-3kms a game.
But we can agree on brooks waste of time, money and space!!!

Das Hassler

Bench

Why would Brooks s lag us off no end?...when has he ever slagged anybody off to deflect from his onfield performance?...my somewhat experienced assessment of him is anything he'd have to say would be something he'd say straight to someone's face...not from the safety and distance of another club..let alone anonymity.

Last edited:
Why would Brooks s lag us off no end?...when has he ever slagged anybody off to deflect from his onfield performance?...my somewhat experienced assessment of him is anything he'd have to say would be something he'd say straight to someone's face...not from the safety and distance of another club..let alone anonymity.
With respect, he wasn’t very straight or upfront with us when he sought to be released no less than three times last year.

We only find out after the fact.

Nothing personal, he’s made a squillion out of us, shake hands and off he goes. I want him to have the greatest life beyond footy and became Secretary General of the United Nations or whatever he wants.

Im just not going to wear any “concert for Brooksy” kumbyah shite.

“ Save the surrender tackle, pray to the great gods of kick out on the full or straight to the opposing winger”

Drink from the Uggboot of hope for Luke, nahhh.

If I was earning 1.1m a year, I wouldn’t need defending from the likes of Sheens.

Over 3k a day even when he’s on holiday. Nothings too good for Brooksy is it.

His only utility seems to be to keep us in the hunt for Moses. It’s a very expensive honey trap.

Per dollar value, he’s the biggest liability in the game and the faith in him is giant magpie in the sky stuff.

I gave the lazy loafer years of understanding and tolerance and I regret every second.

I’m going to let him make out my case this season.

All that said, he’s not a case of a human incontinence like Latrell. That fat headed prick isn’t good enough to lick Brooksys feet!

Last edited:
He should have played. We needed some sort of experience in that shitshow.
FAD1BC85-1E88-4723-9494-E783B6C4ABBF.jpeg
33223C41-367E-4E0F-B3C9-BF3DE67871A5.jpeg

You’ve been suffering from this pro-Brooksy “unconscious bias” ever since you got back from Beijing earlier this year.

i don’t know what the commies did to you over there this time around, but I don’t think I like it.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Wasnt the NZ trial but thought Naden was brilliant for the Indigenous All Stars. Really think he's in for a break out year.
Hope so. We really need a couple of backs to step up this year. If he can lock down a centre spot it would be outstanding. I saw a couple of nice plays from him attack, but also saw a pretty poor missed tackle that lead to I think the Maoris last try.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm still pretty dirty on him & Kepaoa after that abysmal end to the Dragons game last year.